Bad Guy Snare99 - Frog Depot - Sick Dragons & Scams - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
NVBearded
Snare99 - Frog Depot - Sick Dragons & Scams

Please be aware, that Snare99 was posting Dragons at a discount price because he is focusing now on his frogs according to him. He had this photo, on one of the threads and I was interested in this female for her vibrant colors.

I requested more photos, as I have seen scams before, and he seemed very hesitant to send me any. When I finally got them, he first sent me this photo along with photos of babies as the productions. I pointed out that this was not the dragon, and wasn't even on the thread. He told me it was an "accident" but the babies were still the right productions which made no sense as they matched the wrong photo he sent.

I then asked once again, for additional females of the first pictured dragon, and he sent me this. Which is literally the photo from his ad, except without being altered to make the dragon look extremely vibrant. Then of course I never heard from him.

Just a little while later, a woman posted that she had bought a dragon from Fauna Classifieds and that the Dragon was seizing, head shaking, black bearding, struggling to breath and so forth on arrival. The dragon looked familiar, and so I decided to message her, and sure enough it was from Snare99 and was one of the other listed dragons. The poor thing died before she could even take it to the vet. When I brought up this image issue and the sick dragon he sold, he left an array of responses including that I was a scammer and he had no idea what I was talking about. After I posted proof, he turned off his reviews so people couldn't see it. He had other reviews as well of people claiming he sold them sick animals, and he would claim he had no idea who they were or what they were talking about.

(This was on his reviews, after I responded with proof he shut off his reviews so no one could see them)

On text message, he told me that the woman sent him photos of a healthy and vibrant dragon of this morning to make it seem like I was making everything up. Not aware, she had been updating me and had let me know when the dragon passed away. He then changed his story to "we had no proof", on another post he deleted he claimed he never sold the dragon and had no idea what we were talking about.

(Oh wait, I thought he was vibrant and healthy this morning?)

The lovely woman who was tricked into purchasing the sick dragon is also making a post, with all her proof and how he has tried guilt tripping her into letting him keep the money and making it her fault.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #2
NVBearded
I'm sorry, one of the images did not load, this was the real version of the photo that he accidentally sent me. It won't let me edit it in.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
AllisonLeigh
The seller provided the emails in the other thread where the buyer emailed at approx. 1pm on the 30th that the dragon was great then the next day after 6pm she emailed stating it was sick. Not siding one way or the other, as I don't have a horse in the race, but I see you state it showed symptoms as soon as it arrived, which contradicts the buyer's own words. If the dragon got that sick that quickly it is obviously still a big deal... however changes in the details, such as how soon the animal showed symptoms, can cloud an already confusing situation.

Are you sure the buyer noticed the breathing issues the day it arrived? If so, why would it not have went to a vet on the 31st?

Old 09-01-2017, 12:22 PM   #4
NVBearded
She is making her own post, all I can state is my involvement and what I was told. Either way, he sent me two photos of the same dragon... one which is has been edited to make the color contrast much much brighter. He also text me this morning, as shown, telling me the dragon was alive and well not knowing I already knew the Dragon was dead. He also posted that I was a scammer and when I posted proof turned off is reviews, where he had several others claiming he had sold sick animals. He also had commented that he had no idea what this was all in reference to and didn't sell her the dragon, but now has removed that post and is posting admitting he did and sharing emails. It's ridiculous. Either way, he photoshops images and lies.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #5
NVBearded
Also, the woman fully admitted she did not have the funds to take the Dragon to the vet for this issue and was raising money. I would assume, not to put words in her mouth, that would be the reason for the delay. She did post images and the dragon looked horrific. I'm sure she will include them in her own post, I have purchased many Dragons from breeders and I have never had one show up looking like that nor having breathing issues, seizures and so forth whether it was immediately or within 24 hours and especially then had the breeder blame the person and refuse a refund because they have kids.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:25 PM   #6
AndieBones
AllisonLeigh, I did indeed notice the symptoms immediately, but I wasn't sure it meant he was deathly ill. I made a post as well if you're interested. I explain most of your questions there.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #7
AllisonLeigh
The pictures would bother me, as I hate when people "enhance" their pictures (I've had gecko breeders tell me the camera just doesn't capture the color so they enhance it to make it look like it does in person). I realize some colors don't capture well on camera, but I like to know what I'm getting is what I bought.

I see the user's post now and that she noticed the wheeze and just didn't worry about it the first night so that explains why the seller wasn't aware. It would obviously be better if she had a paper trail showing that, but hind sight is 20/20.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:31 PM   #8
NVBearded
Absolutely. I always ask for additional photos, because I have ran into sellers before that alter their images to make them look brighter. I just have never had someone send me two of the same photo, one that's been clearly edited to greatly change the color contrast. That was a huge whoops on his part.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #9
NVBearded
An admin pointed out my photos are attached incorrectly, and it ended up posting several of the same screenshots twice which makes it look odd. Here are the correct attachments.

1) - Edited photo he had on the ad
2) - Incorrect dragon he sent me
3) - Original photo on ad, without editing he accidentally sent me
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #10
NVBearded
1- Him attempting to tell me the dragon was vibrant and healthy this morning
2- Him on the reviews saying I was a scam, he also claimed that he had no idea what dragon I was talking about and didn't sell her the dragon
3- Him suddenly knowing which dragon, but saying we had no proof.

Turned off his reviews and deleted the post of him not selling her the dragon, then posted here. He continues to text me and thinks the entire scenario is funny.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!