Day 59 and other updates - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
GottaLuvHerps
Day 59 and other updates

Well, it is day 59 for Zeke's first clutch, and the eggs are still here. They still sweat a little, but not nearly what they were. I actually took the flashlight this morning to do a quick candle, and saw 3 babies MOVE in the eggs! That was pretty exciting! I didn't leave the light there long, so I didn't see others moving, but I saw babies. One egg looks like it might have the start of a pip, but I am not 100% sure on that one - it was one of the ones I saw a baby move in though. Obviously, I'm checking them a few times a day every day, so I will check again in a bit to see what is happening. BUT the eggs should be hatching any day now! We are thrilled. I am hoping by the end of the week to have babies. That should be interesting going on our July 4th camping trip - taking tubs of babies with us to the camp site with lights and timers lol. But we will do it. I'll have to take pics of that one! lol

Other stuff updates. There's a few things going on here in the Kordek's Kritters household that I think are exciting at least.

Zeke did lay another 20 eggs for us on the 28th, but when I candled them last night, some are looking like duds. I am going to keep them all until they are obviously not good, but we will see how it works out. At least 10 of them are already growing and showing good veins. I will probably move the known good ones into one container, the questionable ones into another container, and see what happens, but I'll give it at least another week before I do that.

Zion laid 23 eggs for us from her pairing with Storm on Thursday night, and they all look really good! We debated on breeding her with her MBD issues, but since she has done SO well, and we really believe she is fine now, we went ahead and tried it to see what happened. She is exactly like Zeke though - didn't show signs of being gravid until 2 days before laying, and then she popped her little belly full of marbles. She started digging like mad on Wednesday, we put her in the lay box that afternoon, and Thursday night she was backing herself into the massive tunnel she dug and dropped some eggs. We were gone for the night, but Friday morning came home and found the massive pile of eggs. I will say this - that girl digs one hell of a tunnel, and buries her eggs to the point that you could not see one single dent in the dirt. We had to hold up the huge lay box to see if we could find where she laid them. Luckily, a few hit the bottom plastic, so we could figure out where to dig out. She is doing really well now, and looks happy to be skinnier lol.

The agama eggs are sitting on day 56, and they look good too. We are really excited for those to hatch. Not much else to say there lol.

We do have one issue, but I will post that in another thread. But otherwise, that is what is going on with the Kritters!

Kelly

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!