Finally some pics - ok a LOT of pics :-) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
GottaLuvHerps
Finally some pics - ok a LOT of pics :-)

I grabbed some really cute shots of the babies the other day and this morning, so I wanted to share.

Here they are on July 7th, some 3 days old, some 2 days old. They were eating their greens by then!

I have to upload and fix the ones from today, but they will come in a bit.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:24 AM   #2
Beardiepal
Hey Kelly- isn't it the most awesome thing..besides the birth of your human babies, LOL. They are beautiful...I wish you and Matt the best of luck...will these babies be old enough to sell at your show? Take good care< Beth

Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
GottaLuvHerps
Ok so the camera died and I couldn't get the new pics up, sorry gang!

Beth, yes, these guys will be ready to go in about mid-August. I will not sell my babies until they are at least 6 weeks old. We actually have 2 other clutches due to hatch in mid to late August that will be just ready for the show too. I do plan on selling these before the show, and the next clutches for the show. Plus 4 of these are going to be hold-backs (3 of the kids want one, and so do I lol), but the other 13 are up for grabs.
Speaking of 13, guess what we found last night? One of the eggs out of this clutch was mysteriously hanging on and not hatching, and honestly we did not think anything would come of it. But I still kept it because it looked good and you could see something inside. Well last night I opened the incubator and found a baby dragon running around in the container! Day 77 and it decided to show up! It has a VERY slight tail kink near the top, but otherwise is PERFECT. AND it is PINK colored (at least it was yesterday). I have to get pics once I move him from his temp container to the baby tub.
So 17 out of 17 good eggs hatched (one of the 18 went bad). Can't complain there!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
Beardiepal
Boy will you be exceptionally busy now LOL. Take care and I am so glad things turned out . Take good care Beth

Old 07-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
GottaLuvHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardiepal
Boy will you be exceptionally busy now LOL. Take care and I am so glad things turned out . Take good care Beth
HAHAHA me busy??? What would make you say that? Is it the 5 kids, the husband, the 9 original dragons, the 17 babies, the 13 leopard geckos, the agamas, the 3 uros, the bts, the 2 bps, the 40+ eggs in the incubator about to hatch, or the reptile show I'm trying to run that I am getting very frustrated with? Oh, it MIGHT be the whole research projects I have fallen into with the agamas, or the breeding projects with the dragons, or...nah, none of that could come into play. Just not sure where you could EVER get the idea that I could EVER be busy!! LOL.

(This was ALL meant in fun btw Beth, I just realized it sounded like I could be trying to be mean or nasty, but that is NOT the case. Just having a rough day today and I think it comes out a bit in my posts...You know I love ya!!)

Old 07-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
Beardiepal
Hell !! I don't know... LMAO

Kelly you can be the person you are when you talk to me...all I have is 6 baby beardie tanks with 5-7 in each one...could I never understand your busyness.... LOL. I don't know how you do it...you are remarkable but enough of this or your head may inflate & explode...LMAO...Really, you are amazing...if I had to switch my thoughts between different species...I could probably not do it... different care different lizards different care OMG...I might just lose it !!!! Love you Kel, B

Old 07-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
GottaLuvHerps
ah beth, i appreciate the compliments, but im not anything special. i just do what i do because i love it. nothing remarkable here. but it means a lot that you say so.
we went ahead and numbered the babies tonight. WOW thats fun - nothing like little squirmy dragons trying to run away as you scribble somewhat readable numbers on their butts lol. i resized them out into groups according to size again. some of them are growing SO fast. and i love seeing the little head bobs they do to each other. they are pounding crickets so fast, and have lost interest in their greens for the most part now that they have discovered that things that move are food. but i keep trying. i just hold out until about noon until they get crickets, and they get greens first thing when lights come on.
the little one is doing well, and since it is so much smaller with its late hatch date, he is in a separate tank. the little tail kink is so wild - the patterns on it go with the tail in a pretty cool way. actually quite a few of the babies have wild tail patterns. i have to get new pics since they are all numbered and i can tell who is who now...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!