Free 10ft Burmese Python [Rescue] - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
travisc
Free 10ft Burmese Python [Rescue]

Free 10ft Burmese Python [Rescue]

I am offering a 10’ [approximately] normal Burmese Python. This snake was taken in last week as a rescue and it has a small wound [about 5” in length] about 12” back from its head. My only guess is that this snake had forced its way under something and either pulled itself out or was forcefully removed out from underneath something. I have been placing anti-biotic ointment on it daily and keeping the wound clean. This wound may or may not heal with no scarring with time and sheds. This snake is not underweight by any means, however I have not offered it food yet.

I have pulled this snake out of it’s enclosure several times to clean it’s wound and it has hissed, but never attempted to strike. Once out and in your arms, its very docile and not head-shy by any means. The wound is very shallow, only the scales have been removed, it’s not a deep cut, I feel that this will heal up nicely with time.

I am offering this snake free to a good home to someone who can prove to me that they have previous experience with large snakes and has AT LEAST an 8’ secure enclosure CURRENTLY EMPTY in which to house this snake.

This snake MUST be picked up in High Springs, FL.

Absolutely no reptile jobbers, peddlers or re-sellers.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
travisc
Here's a photo of the Burm for Adoption

Old 02-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
ratsaretasty
do you still have it? what is temperament around feeding time (if you have tried since posting this)? please post a close up of the wound and any info on treatments if any other than ointment? what ointment?
I have everything this snake would need and more, but I would require to look it over (on pick-up is fine). My concern is infection which may contaminate "the zoo" (the nickname of the reptile room). If you are ok with all this, I would love to take this snake off your hands. Let me know at ratsaretasty@hotmail.com

Old 02-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
dj22caliber
why cant you ship it?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
pachillaliz
Is the snake still avaliable?

Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #6
darkbloodwyvern
read the whole post

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticman2006
hello i live in florence alabama and was wondering if you would be willing to drive a little ways to adopt this burm out to a good home
I quote from original post:

This snake MUST be picked up in High Springs, FL.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #7
pachillaliz
Is the snake still avaliable? I live in central florida and I can make the drive to come and pick him up.

Closed Thread