Your top-secret morph projects - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-04-2007, 03:09 AM   #1
omni
Your top-secret morph projects

I was just wondering if there are others that are working on projects for a new morph that you consider 'Top Secret'. I had an idea or two for some new morphs, but their really not so secret as I had asked about the possibilities, and really don't have the facilities to do any ground-shaking work with dozens of reptiles.
Have the most recent morphs to come out been started as a secret then only when established made public? Or is it pretty well known what people are trying to achieve?
Myself, and probably others have some head patterning projects, that's probably no big deal, but I had plans to someday line breed for a new color that'll never get off the blocks.
Even tho there are a lot of neat morphs, there can never be too many! Don't blow your secret here, just keep working them so we can buy your hatchlings when they prove!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Well, if it's not proven genetic, you can't really call it a new morph. So generally while oddities are presented, no claims of having the next new morph are made. Things outside genetics (incubation variables for example) can influence a hatchling.

I'm not worried about keeping secrets so as far as genetic combos...

This year I hope to see Lava Diffused & Lava Pewters pipping noses. At least I have my fingers crossed that the pair of hets I have produce them this coming year. I don't think Lava Charcoals themselves would be too bad of a thing either. I can't say I know of anyone that's produced those three combos as of yet.

I'm starting a Lava Stripe / Lavamel Stripe project in 2008. I'll have Amels het Lava Stripe to raise up to pair in three years. I think these have already been produced though (though not many exist).

I might have Charcoal & Blizzard Stripes next year depending upon how well my Amel het Charcoal Stripe grows over the next year. I know Charcoal Stripes exist (again, few in number), but I haven't seen anything of Blizzard Stripes yet. Along with this I am raising hets for both Phantom Motley & Phantom Stripe.

Then I think the last two projects that are in progress here are with the Fugly Stripe (suspected Keys Stripe) and a Z Stripe project.

All in all, I'll be raising a lot of hets over the next few years!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
snake5007
Hopefully i'll be starting a golddust lavender motley project soon.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Then I think the last two projects that are in progress here are with the Fugly Stripe (suspected Keys Stripe) and a Z Stripe project.

All in all, I'll be raising a lot of hets over the next few years!
As a partner with Stef in these two projects, I wish us luck.

I have lots of secret projects going, but if I posted them, I'd have to kill you all. I'll be raising lots and lots of hets myself in coming years.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
tsthompson
Won't Tell

Let's just say wait & see what comes available.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #6
T and J's Corns
Small inconsequiental projects I will mention, others I will not one bit... Just got to check my page in the up and coming breeding seasons..

Regards... Tim of T and J

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!