Bad Guy Outback Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
shaneh1004
Outback Reptiles

Hello, my name is Shane Howery. Unfortunately I have to post a bad guy thread.  On August 29th 2009. at the Manassas VA Reptile Show run by Larry Keton I bought a Pinstripe Ball Python from Outback Reptiles for $275. This snake was very young and had not yet been offered food and I was well aware of these circumstances. I was guaranteed that in 1-2 weeks it would feed. I waited and attempted to feed it after a week. Then after 2 weeks. I even called Outback and asked about this. They gave me tips and I tried and failed. I would like to receive full compensation in the form of a re-fund from outback reptiles. I feel that I was given a sick snake that is not feeding and may be ill. It is quarantine and has been from day one. This is not my first ball python.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
Soterios
Has the snake shed yet?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneh1004 View Post
I bought a Pinstripe Ball Python from Outback Reptiles for $275. This snake was very young and had not yet been offered food and I was well aware of these circumstances.
You bought a hatchling ball python that was not feeding yet and as you stated you were well aware of these circumstances.

A hatchling bp can be difficult to get started feeding sometimes, if you did not have the experience to deal with a hatchling maybe a bp that was already feeding would have been a better choice?

Sometimes a hatchling will not eat for a while then all of a sudden start eating like a piglet.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #4
Temporalis_Enterprises
I am good friends with Shane, we co-own a small reptile breeding operation. I was unable to make the show due to family issues that take precedence over the reptile hobby. I have seen the snake. It is a healthy looking snake on the outside. But on the inside who knows. I think outback should give him a feeding animal or refund the $275

Old 09-13-2009, 02:03 AM   #5
Temporalis_Enterprises
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
You bought a hatchling ball python that was not feeding yet and as you stated you were well aware of these circumstances.

A hatchling bp can be difficult to get started feeding sometimes, if you did not have the experience to deal with a hatchling maybe a bp that was already feeding would have been a better choice?

Sometimes a hatchling will not eat for a while then all of a sudden start eating like a piglet.
That is true. They did tell him that is was garunteed (i bet I butchered that word) it would feed in 2 weeks according to Shane. Again I was not able to make the show and he let me know he got the snake and I came over that night to see the snake. It looked healthy but again on the inside who know.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:12 AM   #6
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneh1004 View Post
Hello, my name is Shane Howery. Unfortunately I have to post a bad guy thread.  On August 29th 2009. at the Manassas VA Reptile Show run by Larry Keton I bought a Pinstripe Ball Python from Outback Reptiles for $275. This snake was very young and had not yet been offered food and I was well aware of these circumstances. I was guaranteed that in 1-2 weeks it would feed. I waited and attempted to feed it after a week. Then after 2 weeks. I even called Outback and asked about this. They gave me tips and I tried and failed. I would like to receive full compensation in the form of a re-fund from outback reptiles. I feel that I was given a sick snake that is not feeding and may be ill. It is quarantine and has been from day one. This is not my first ball python.
You purchased a baby ball python that hadn't been offered a meal yet, and you were fully aware of that because the seller disclosed such to you, and you aren't new to ball pythons but accepted a sellers verbal guarantee (which God only knows you don't have in writing) the snake would feed in 1-2 weeks, and needed feeding tips when it didn't eat (which is odd because you have experience with ball pythons or so you claim), and you think something may be wrong with the snake but you haven't taken it to a vet yet to find out, and........I'm about to crap my pants from laughing at the outstanding job you've done in contradicting yourself. Some us here were born at night, but definitely not last night.

Start over fella, start over with the truth or something that mildly resembles it.

I don't know outback reptiles, don't know if their reputation is good or bad, but your story (the way you've explained it) really stinks. Really.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:15 AM   #7
Temporalis_Enterprises
Ok, he has experience. You post is rude and over all you are jumping straight to conclusions. He is telling the truth. Mabye you don't need to judge so much!

Old 09-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #8
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
That is true. They did tell him that is was garunteed (i bet I butchered that word) it would feed in 2 weeks according to Shane. Again I was not able to make the show and he let me know he got the snake and I came over that night to see the snake. It looked healthy but again on the inside who know.
You have implied 2 times that something may be wrong on the inside, if thats what you think go directly to a herp vet.

Seriously, relax put the bp in a small shoe box size rack with heat. dont bother it, try offering fuzzy mice around every 5-7 days.... it will eat in time if its not disturbed. sometimes it takes maybe 6 or more weeks for a hatchling bp to start feeding. it does not mean you have a sick bp on your hands.

Good luck with getting it started.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #9
Temporalis_Enterprises
It is not my BP. But Shane has it in a 6qt with heat, on a racking system. He is trying fuzzies every 5 days.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:36 AM   #10
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
Ok, he has experience. You post is rude and over all you are jumping straight to conclusions. He is telling the truth. Mabye you don't need to judge so much!
I don't mean to be rude, really I don't, but nobody really likes to be lied to.

And if the best he has to support his story is your stepping in to say "he has experience" when clearly it would appear he doesn't, then you aren't only lying to us but your also lying to yourselves.

Would you like the opportunity to the truth about whats going on? Its a really good feeling and most people are attracted to it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
water sports