Hi from Socal! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
jumpertrainer27
Wink Hi from Socal!

My name is Lilia, I'm 29 years old and live in southern cali. I'm engaged to the man of my dreams, (he actully allows me to have all my animals LOL) I've actully been using this site for years, just never registered or posted here:-) I train horses for a living. I've worked at Golden Gate Fields exercising race horses, competed showing jumping horses, worked at international arabian show barns etc. I'm also animal crazy and have owned about everything under the sun.. but my passion is reptiles :-) I've had sugar gliders, hedgehogs, all sorts of reptiles, birds, fish, livestock you name it! We are buying our first home next month, and I will have my very own reptile room, YEAH! In the future I hope to make it into the breeders cicrle! Start attending shows, taking advice from the big timers etc etc etc... I plan to start with cresteds and gargoyles :-) Maybe go back to snakes later, I enjoy my geckos more so :-)

Right now I'm looking for more cresteds and gargoyles. If you are local and have some you are offering. Let me know!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Utta
Welcome to Fauna Lilia, check out the gecko forum (its a little ways down) there are some wonderful and knowledgeable people here willing to help you out on any questions you might have

Old 01-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
jumpertrainer27
he he small world!

Utta, we are actully gonna be right next door to you. We are moving to the littlerock/ or lancaster area in the next 2 months. Do you breed also?

Old 01-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Utta
not yet. but i keep the bigger snakes (retics, burms etc) why are you moving out here? only good thing out here it the food.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
jumpertrainer27
very cool

Although the big snakes would eat my small dog lol! Actully as far as socal, comparing areas for the last year... it's where I wanna be. Tony was born and rasied victorville. We lived in Texas the last 5 years and came back now that we can afford a house here lol! I hated TX.. SHHhhhhhhhh to all the Tx people. I was actully a napa valley child, and had the most beautiful parts of cali in my childhood, santa cruz, serria mountians, etc. We have grandparents in Lancaster. I'm actully totally exctied to get out there. It's become getto out this way vv. hesperia.. etc, Where as that area has done MAJOR upgrading the last few years. Lancaster just did a huge overhaul, littlerock added a brand new pool, major improvements done there, since I saw it last 5 years ago, and added the no torrance. Of all the areas of Cali I've seen since being back... it's improved, rather than degressed like most towns. That's a lot to be said in these times. It's 10 times as clean as my area. I ride horses for endurance, and need miles and miles of trails at my reach.. which the area also provides.. miles of rolling hills, poppies, also all the Native American culture.. My great grandmother was full blooded. We can actully afford nice horse property there. Oh and Tony works in palmdale.. and I'd much rather him have to make the 14 commute to san farn valley, for another job if he ever has to. I had to drive the 15 pass for dental school, for a year. I've never felt so close to losing my life in such a short period of time LOL!!! It's super dangerous. Not to mention that just puts you in the inland impire, where's there's also not a lot of jobs... more picking in LA county. However, I HATE the city/valley!! Gotta have some space. So ya.... I have 100 reasons why.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!