VISION, Good guys - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
Orchid Gecko
Thumbs up VISION, Good guys

I purchased 3 racks from vision. I went to the shop, picked them up and was instructed on the use and safety.

Through my not understanding of the placement of the helix probe, I had a major heat over run, and of course a small fire. I lost one pair of het clowns, luck that was all.

I immediately call vision and spoke with Dave, Scott was out of town and could not be reached. I explained my problem to him, 4pm. The next day 8:30 am I received 30 Temp heat pads.

When Scott returned he immediately cam to see the problem, we ascertained it was my fault.

Heres the good stuff.

Eventhough it was my fault, Scott replaced the burned tub and all 30 heat panels and heat cables. He even installed one whole rack for me.

Guys I don't know how you feel about it, but thats great customer service way above the norm.

Thanks guys.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
Orchid Gecko
I forgat sorry

Steve Leonard Orchid Gecko

Old 10-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
schumi_2002
I have dealt with Vision as well, and have only good things to say. I bought a CB-70 rack with tubs, and recieved it just under two weeks, not bad timing for a delivery to Canada. I put the rack together and was happy who it is built, everything tight so those escape artists(the snakes), don't get away. Definently recommended, great prices, and prompt customer service. Great job guys.

P.S. I will be ordering another two CB-70 racks and a 60 Tub Hatchling rack next. Thanks again, Frank.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
David Reid
What exactly caused the fire?

I have two vision racks, just got them at the Anahiem show. I heard some horror stories about the heat cables, but heard they had been fixed. Bottom line, is there something to worry about?

Dave

Old 10-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
Orchid Gecko
Dave,

No, nothing to worry about. Just insure your heat cables are not crossed.

Steve

Old 03-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
FunkyRes
I purchased a rack from them at the end of last month.
It's the 10 shelf 32qt rack.

Shipping was very fast. I personally do not care for the ZooMed heat cable, so I bought Flexwatt from the BeanFarm instead- but I have no complaints about the rack or the service.

Good guys in my book.

-=-

FYI - for the flexwatt, I used two rows of 3" stuff - with foil top below and above the flexwatt (so that the tubs wouldn't rub a short in it). Since foil tape can confuse a thermostat sensor, I have the thermostat in one of the tubs itself rather than on the foil tape covering the flexwatt. This required cutting a small notch in a tub so the wire would have clearance. Using the heat cable they supply is probably easier - but I just don't like heat cable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!