Info Courtney & George Schertler - Retic Owners Watch Puppy Being Eaten and Posts Pics - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #31
ShadowAceD
Crystal Dickneite was the first person to take note of what happened.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #32
RichsBallPythons
Whether people want to believe it or not, Dogs and cats were only bred to be pets due to our selfishness, No animal is considered domesticate, They all belong in the wild.

It happens, nothing can be done about it now, but i for one am tired of seeing animals being accepted higher then others just cause one is kept as pet and other isnt. There are plenty of Feral dogs and cats in this country to prove they are wild animals. I for one could care less a dog or cat,chicken,cow,goat was killed and eaten. I see animals all the same Living creatures and i dont put one over the other cause of what is known as mainstream.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #33
JCCS
Rich, while I really don't want to go too far down this road, if you don't believe in the domestication in animals, you should really look into the studies the Russians did concerning foxes. It should be rather illuminating for you. Just the existence of dogs shows how far they have been domesticated. They are genetically no different than wolves, but due to their interactions with humans, they have become what we know today. They are unrecognizable from their original form.

Chris

Old 06-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #34
RichsBallPythons
Its just how society wants to portray certain species at pets. We as a country like to put our morals over others all the time, where other countries look down on us for the animals we raise for food, yet to them they would never think of eating such animals for food. Its all a moral issue and how you were raised in this country. Animals can be tamed but IMO never be considered domesticate.

Its no different then a person going to the petstore, buying a mouse,rat,hamster,rabbit meant to be pets and fed off. Of if someone was feeding snakes to their cat or dog or ferret.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #35
j_dunlavy
I'm going to have to agree with Rich on this.
In Korea and you can order dog in a restaurant.
If you go to India you will not find beef on the menu.
In Israel they don't serve pork.
Etc...

I think more than anything these retic owners are just plain irresponsible and detrimental to the image of reptile keepers nationwide.
These are the same type of people that have their kids killed by their snake because they were not watching it.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #36
Lucille
Rich, regardless of what kind of critter was eaten (and I have to admit having a soft spot for puppies but I understand what you are saying) to take a picture of it being eaten and post it is to me, inappropriate. There are all sorts of gulp videos online and I don't care for any of them.
I'm not going to get into the live/ft debate here, but if you feed live, it isn't necessary to post the process for entertainment. Add to that the 'R.I.P.' comment, and the fact that when there was a fuss the pictures got taken down, perhaps others agree that feeding live should perhaps not be a public spectacle.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #37
AbsoluteApril
Other forums will be more suited for the general discussion of feeders/non-feeders and general morality of such, please take that discussion there so this BOI thread does not veer too far off topic.
For instance:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=291339
thank you

Old 06-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #38
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongorojo View Post
Diem, thanks for posting. There is no way these people should own those snakes and god I hope they dont have kids!

There are all sorts of fb photos of what appears to be the departed pup, I do not know if this is their child in the picture
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #39
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
My stomach feels sick now. I agree, these people shouldn't be allowed to own pets. It takes a sick mind to not only stand there and NOT help that poor puppy, but instead take pictures of it!
To be fair, once that retic struck the poor pup's fate was pretty well sealed. I don't know if any intervention, short of killing the snake, would have helped.

Allowing the scenario to happen by leaving the snake unsecured on the porch, followed by taking pictures, of the incident and posting them on FB was the absolute height of stupidity though.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #40
Herps Alive!
Having just posted a blog at www.thewanderingherpetologist.com about developing and following protocols, I am reading this with interest. Picture of the woman holding the retic outside with a cigarette in her mouth! As has been posted by others, there are two separate issues here- the "accident," and the idiocy of posting it on facebook. Clearly we have questionable husbandry at the least and with the pressure we (large constrictor keepers) face on the legal front, these people are simply bad news.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!