Bad Guy Underground Reptiles Stay away!! - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #121
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
I never said Underground should get off the hook...I never said anything close to that. I said that the buyer never gave them a chance to fix the situation. He/she ran straight to the BOI and said how horrible they were.

Have you never made a mistake? You've never messed anything up? I hope for your sake that you don't if you plan on selling reptiles, because based on your logic no one should be allowed to fix their mistakes.

Also, I'm fairly certain that geckos are sexed based on incubation temperatures? So there is literally no way to know their sex until they reach maturity other than by probabilistic measures.
I've made mistakes sure but I've never stuck somebody with my mistake. Underground has had at least two days since this was posted to make it right they haven't.

Well if geckos are so hard to sex you probably shouldn't be selling them as a 1.2 if you aren't sure. That would be mis-representing your animals and make you a bad seller. These weren't sold as a probable 1.2 they were sold as a 1.2.

And in what world should it be the buyers problem if a seller screws up? I would never want to do business with you if you think when you make a mistake I should have to accommodate you and your mistake. This isn't rocket science you make a mistake you fix it.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #122
kerrek
Quote:
I saw Underground reply twice. Both times, they were responded to with threats, name-calling, insults, etc. Not once have I seen someone respond to them asking them to resolve the situation. If every post I made was responded to with threats, I would also stop posting.

Please go back and read the responses to what they said, and see how you would feel.
Oh Boo hoo you act like underground is a bunch of saints. They don't have a bunch of bad BOI's because they always do the right thing. If they fixed this problem and made it right with the OP the thread would die because they did the right thing.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #123
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
I've made mistakes sure but I've never stuck somebody with my mistake. Underground has had at least two days since this was posted to make it right they haven't.

Well if geckos are so hard to sex you probably shouldn't be selling them as a 1.2 if you aren't sure. That would be mis-representing your animals and make you a bad seller. These weren't sold as a probable 1.2 they were sold as a 1.2.

And in what world should it be the buyers problem if a seller screws up? I would never want to do business with you if you think when you make a mistake I should have to accommodate you and your mistake. This isn't rocket science you make a mistake you fix it.
*sigh* I really wish people would read what I'm typing. I'm literally responding to 4 different people, but these 4 people can't seem to read my one response to them.

I agree that they shouldn't sell them as 1.2 unless they CLEARLY state that they are sexed based on probability, not certainty. I also do not think it is the buyer's responsibility. However, this buyer DID NOT give them an opportunity to offer a solution that they were happy with. They were offered one solution, got mad, and ran to the BOI.

I am not defending them, I agree that their TOS are garbage and made to protect themselves. I completely agree that they should fix their mistake. However, look at the responses they've received when trying to talk about the situation! I would stop posting too if that's what happened when I tried to explain things.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #124
Gemma
Quote:
That does not mean that every single person who posts something negative against them is in the right. I do not think the OP should have ran to the BOI without trying to work out a solution.
How much more does the buyer have to do in order to reach a satisfactory conclusion? Why is the onus on them when they are not at fault?

If you request a replacement animal because of a mistake made by the seller and are told that you will receive credit or a replacement ONLY IF you purchase from them again, what exactly do you think can be said by the buyer to make the seller do the right thing?

Keep in mind that the buyer was originally told that they should have notified UG about the discrepancy immediately, even though this was impossible due to the size of the animal in question.

As the seller, it's UG's responsibility to find a satisfactory solution for the buyer. This was clearly not even attempted, which is a pattern with this company, as evidenced by previous threads.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #125
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Oh Boo hoo you act like underground is a bunch of saints. They don't have a bunch of bad BOI's because they always do the right thing. If they fixed this problem and made it right with the OP the thread would die because they did the right thing.
So if someone was responding to you in that manner, you would be perfectly chipper and just brush it off. Those were not even veiled threats, they were OPEN AND BLATANT THREATS. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable continuing to post if that was my reception.

I never claimed they were saints, I am not saying they are in the right. But the OP should have given them a chance to fix it instead of just getting mad.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #126
Lucille
Quote:
I know that this is true. I had never bought anything from Underground or had any contact with them before I saw these BOI threads. Based on the first one, where they wanted to charge a guy for restocking, I realized I would never do business with them. I decided on my own that they weren't a company I want to deal with, period.

HOWEVER:
That does not mean that every single person who posts something negative against them is in the right. I do not think the OP should have ran to the BOI without trying to work out a solution. This is why I say I am neutral. I will personally never buy anything from Underground, but that does NOT mean that everything they do is wrong and anyone who says something negative against them must be right.
I think you are right when you say that anyone is not automatically right simply by virtue of creating a post.
However, I disagree with you on this thread, and think that the burden is on Underground to make this particular issue right.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:33 PM   #127
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
How much more does the buyer have to do in order to reach a satisfactory conclusion? Why is the onus on them when they are not at fault?

If you request a replacement animal because of a mistake made by the seller and are told that you will receive credit or a replacement ONLY IF you purchase from them again, what exactly do you think can be said by the buyer to make the seller do the right thing?

Keep in mind that the buyer was originally told that they should have notified UG about the discrepancy immediately, even though this was impossible due to the size of the animal in question.

As the seller, it's UG's responsibility to find a satisfactory solution for the buyer. This was clearly not even attempted, which is a pattern with this company, as evidenced by previous threads.
Wow, a post where someone doesn't call me names, insult my animals without ever seeing them, and tell me I'm wrong without showing how.

I still maintain that the buyer should have asked for a refund instead of being so rash. But I think this sums up the situation very well, and I admit that you are correct. With this, I'm done posting on the matter. I think this post is all that needs to be said.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #128
AlexNevgloski
Stop buying from these people. A five minute search suggests that the risk outweighs the reward.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #129
Big Borg Reptiles
I said I was done, but Underground Reptiles was actively viewing this thread for a long time and never bothered to respond. I know I said that the OP didn't really give them a chance, but they definitely just had another one and blew it as far as I'm concerned.

If they can read through all of this and not have a comment, that pretty much seals it for me. I was staying neutral on this, but I'm with the OP at this point.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #130
Pasodama
Quote:

Selling them as a 1.2 is UGR's mistake and liability.

Quote:
I said I was done, but Underground Reptiles was actively viewing this thread for a long time and never bothered to respond. I know I said that the OP didn't really give them a chance, but they definitely just had another one and blew it as far as I'm concerned.

If they can read through all of this and not have a comment, that pretty much seals it for me. I was staying neutral on this, but I'm with the OP at this point.
Quote:

Correct. UGR has been watching/viewing this thread and have not offered anything other than what the OP stated.

There were two posts from them.
One was Ryan B. stating what their offer, to the OP, was. Never stating that a monetary refund would be offered (and made it look as though that is not even an option).
The other was Rian addressing someone, who posted in this thread, about personal issues ... never addressing the OP &/or any business dealing between them. What a slap in the face to the OP.

It sure looks, to me, that they don't really want to correct their mistake. Also, it should be evident that the OP is not trying to scam them (I make this comment due to something Ryan stated). It's not like this is over a $2000 (example) animal. Just a $20-$25 one ... and the OP is not even asking for a refund for the gecko that passed away.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!