SNOW IGUANA MAKERS (Very Rare TYPE III Axanthic/Blue Iguanas) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
RedruM morphs
SNOW IGUANA MAKERS (Very Rare TYPE III Axanthic/Blue Iguanas)

To the best of our knowledge, Snow Iguanas have only been made with Type I Axanthic/Blue (aka South American) and Type III Axanthic/Blue (aka Florida line, aka Snow Maker line) Both of which occurred only here at US Iguana, Inc. And, to the best of our knowledge, US Iguana, Inc. is the only farm that has these two lines of Axanthic/Blue Iguanas. To the best of our knowledge, the common Type II Axanthic/Blue (aka Flukers line, aka El Salvadore line, aka Petco line (the only line readily available)) have never been proven to create a visual double recessive SNOW iguana.

US Iguana, Inc. is offering for sale, for the first time ever, offspring of ULTRA RARE TYPE III Axanthic/Blue (aka Snow Maker Line)

Axanthics are a crucial ingredient in a Snow Iguana Project.

US Iguana, Inc. is offering the following:

Visual TYPE III Axanthic/Blue for $500.00 each

Visual TYPE III Axanthic/Blue (50% possible het for snow) for $2,500 each)

Visual TYPE III Axanthic/Blue (66% possible het for snow) for $3,500 each)

The TYPE III Axanthic/Blue (aka Snow Maker) is the line that created the Snow Iguana pictured in photo #1.

The Blue Iguana's pictured are TYPE III Axanthic/Blue line.

Photo #1 is a visual SNOW Iguana with a TYPE III Axanthic/Blue (aka Snow Maker Line)

Photo #2 is a visual SNOW Iguana with a TYPE III Axanthic/Blue (aka Snow Maker Line)

Photo #3 is a Visual SNOW Iguana with a visual T-Albino Iguana

Photo #4 is a Visual SNOW Iguana with clutch mates

www.facebook.com/AlbinoIguana

*Visual SNOW Iguana, nor Visual Albino Iguana are included in any sale. They are pictured for comparison purposes only.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
Cyclosaura
Beautiful Ed. Well done! Lots of hard work and time put into this project

Old 07-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
RedruM morphs
The following is a response to a question that I received this morning via email. I though it might be informative so I am sharing the answer here as well.

The TYPE III (aka Snow Maker line) were wild caught in Florida several years ago. I acquired four visual blue and a group of green iguanas that were caught on the same tree/bush. As far as I know, these are the only Axanthic/Blue Iguanas ever caught in Florida. As to your question about visual differences/markers between the TYPE III (aka Snow Maker line) and TYPE II (common El Salvadore, Fluker, Petco). There are definite visual differences. Most notably is the eye color. The Common TYPE II's tend to have a yellow/light gold"ish" eye color, whereas, the TYPE III (Snow Maker line) tends to have a more brown/dark gold'ish" eye color. This trait struck me as soon as I first saw the wild caught Florida Blues which are the origin of my TYPE III (Snow Maker line). There are other differences which seem to be consistent which I will address in more depth when I release an article on the Axanthic/Blue Iguana Gene.

I hope this answers your question.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #4
RedruM morphs
Thanks so much Mike Lloret, not many people truly understand the sacrifice that goes into a long term project like this. A huge monetary sacrifice is made as we did not use female albinos to make albino babies to sell, but rather, took the long road and made tons of "green" iguanas which were gene holders. However, I know you are one of the few that truly understand. Thanks again.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #5
BlakeWilsonRetics
do you have pics of adult type III axanthic?

Old 07-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #6
RedruM morphs
Hi Blake,

I'll try to grab a couple pics and get them over to you.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #7
Drsam
Endless hard work and dedication

I personal know you have worked endlessly on your DNA iguana Project.
I wondered when you would succeed.
congratulation on your success.
You deserve all it brings.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #8
RedruM morphs
Thanks so much, Sam. Very few people really understand the work and sacrifice of doing long term het projects with iguanas. Having an iguana farm is much harder than keeping a spare bedroom with rubbermaids full of ball python morphs. You have some great breedings going on over there as well. I am really excited about the future of iguana morph projects as farms like yours continue to make double and triple visual morphs. The inquiries and offers that I've received since this ad went up have been overwhelming. I never thought there would be quite so much interest!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!