High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 188 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #1871
Wraith
Anyone know how to get in touch with the AZ authorities to see if those warrants are still good and let em know where they can find their good ole buddy?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #1872
H. Joe Lewis
Thumbs up Update from Louisiana Association of Reptile Keepers

GM all,

Just have a few mins but wanted to bring everyone up to par. Today, we finally have a qualified reptile vet coming to check every one of the 22 animals seized/rescued. Once they have health certificates, they will be ready to travel to be boarded with a large breeder out of state (location withheld) until final court proceedings determine what's to happen to them. That I've been told could be between 60-90 days. Ya know, all due process!

Just a note with regards to David? (Whatever his name is) and his wife. His wife is only 23 and he's in his 40's, they are supposed to have been together for 6-7 years..do the math people before condemning her. Rememer Patty Hurst! We just hope that the officials pressing charges can get them to stick? He deserves to pay for the laws broken. Pity that there isn't a law against not being truthful? Also according to the sherrif's deputy we spoke with on the scene. There are supposed to be charges in other states, Calif and Ariz and their authorities are aware of who and what he is. They have refused to extradite him on their charges, so guess what???...Louisiana is stuck with him, THANKS CALIFORNIA FOR SENDING HIM HERE! LOL

I've been assured by the LDWF that they will do everything in thier power to insure these animals wind up in good hands as will we. Once all legal avenues are completed, they will be released to be he-homed and ads will be posted accordingly. The reason for the "out of state" until it is final is nobody has a large facility with caging to house this many large animals without massive costs in dollars and time. The animal's health and well-being is everyone's main concern.

We've been inundated with so many people emailing us and phoning us with concerns and offers to help. Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement, it is greatly appreciated. We are still short on financial funding so if anyone can spare it given the financial shortcomings of our economy, we welcome your help. Our Association is only a few months old but we have grown and still growing in membership and funds spent for this scale of rescue has overwhelmed us. My wife and I are both on disability, set income and none of our members are wealthy people but all of us in Louisiana are doing all that we possibly can.

If there is anything good that comes from such as this, it is that "you might be able to fool some of the people some of the time, but eventually the truth will emerge"!! Also, every time news breaks about snakes, it gets people to talking and guess what, some actually learn good things about them. Keep talking and help answer any questions about your reptiles that you can..education is the salvation of our hobby/industry or whatever you want to call it.

Anyone willing to wait for a reply from us is welcome to write us. We only have so many hours in a day but will try as usual to keep up with everyone.
louisiana_ark@yahoo.com is the L.A.R.K., Inc. email address.

Have to leave to help care for our charges, all 22 of them. One got out last night and met the member who has had them since Sunday, he was curled up next to his crate, hissing! LOL Not sure what we will find today, aren't Burms and retics wonderful animals! I'll try to get some photos of the animals today before they leave and share them with everyone.

Thanks and God bless,
Joe Lewis, Pres. La.A.R.K.

PS: A special thanks to Andrew Wyatt and USARK for their guidence and support throughout this whole ordeal.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #1873
Kaiyudsai
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Joe Lewis View Post
GM all,

Just have a few mins but wanted to bring everyone up to par. Today, we finally have a qualified reptile vet coming to check every one of the 22 animals seized/rescued. Once they have health certificates, they will be ready to travel to be boarded with a large breeder out of state (location withheld) until final court proceedings determine what's to happen to them. That I've been told could be between 60-90 days. Ya know, all due process!

Just a note with regards to David? (Whatever his name is) and his wife. His wife is only 23 and he's in his 40's, they are supposed to have been together for 6-7 years..do the math people before condemning her. Rememer Patty Hurst! We just hope that the officials pressing charges can get them to stick? He deserves to pay for the laws broken. Pity that there isn't a law against not being truthful? Also according to the sherrif's deputy we spoke with on the scene. There are supposed to be charges in other states, Calif and Ariz and their authorities are aware of who and what he is. They have refused to extradite him on their charges, so guess what???...Louisiana is stuck with him, THANKS CALIFORNIA FOR SENDING HIM HERE! LOL

I've been assured by the LDWF that they will do everything in thier power to insure these animals wind up in good hands as will we. Once all legal avenues are completed, they will be released to be he-homed and ads will be posted accordingly. The reason for the "out of state" until it is final is nobody has a large facility with caging to house this many large animals without massive costs in dollars and time. The animal's health and well-being is everyone's main concern.

We've been inundated with so many people emailing us and phoning us with concerns and offers to help. Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement, it is greatly appreciated. We are still short on financial funding so if anyone can spare it given the financial shortcomings of our economy, we welcome your help. Our Association is only a few months old but we have grown and still growing in membership and funds spent for this scale of rescue has overwhelmed us. My wife and I are both on disability, set income and none of our members are wealthy people but all of us in Louisiana are doing all that we possibly can.

If there is anything good that comes from such as this, it is that "you might be able to fool some of the people some of the time, but eventually the truth will emerge"!! Also, every time news breaks about snakes, it gets people to talking and guess what, some actually learn good things about them. Keep talking and help answer any questions about your reptiles that you can..education is the salvation of our hobby/industry or whatever you want to call it.

Anyone willing to wait for a reply from us is welcome to write us. We only have so many hours in a day but will try as usual to keep up with everyone.
louisiana_ark@yahoo.com is the L.A.R.K., Inc. email address.

Have to leave to help care for our charges, all 22 of them. One got out last night and met the member who has had them since Sunday, he was curled up next to his crate, hissing! LOL Not sure what we will find today, aren't Burms and retics wonderful animals! I'll try to get some photos of the animals today before they leave and share them with everyone.

Thanks and God bless,
Joe Lewis, Pres. La.A.R.K.

PS: A special thanks to Andrew Wyatt and USARK for their guidence and support throughout this whole ordeal.
Amen Bro...... Im guessing he's out of jail because he just called my house and threatened to kill me....LOL.... He said it's because Im the closest person who hates him..... anyway I thought this was amusing... I went ahead and filed a complaint with Allen Parish and Lafayette Parish, so that if he does happen to attack me there will be a record of premeditation... and he'll be nailed to the wall with even more charges.........

He actually told me that his snakes were spottless and I knew nothing about reptile health......

Anyway..... Damon..... Im always packin heat... and I'm a US Marine... so be ready for a serious fight.....

Old 03-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #1874
Suncoast Herpetological
I can't wait for his first post here. You know his ego won't permit him to stay away.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #1875
Kaiyudsai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
I can't wait for his first post here. You know his ego won't permit him to stay away.
It's times like these that Im glad mny next door neighbor is a SWAT officer....LOL

Old 03-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #1876
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
Amen Bro...... Im guessing he's out of jail because he just called my house and threatened to kill me....LOL.... He said it's because Im the closest person who hates him..... anyway I thought this was amusing... I went ahead and filed a complaint with Allen Parish and Lafayette Parish, so that if he does happen to attack me there will be a record of premeditation... and he'll be nailed to the wall with even more charges.........

He actually told me that his snakes were spottless and I knew nothing about reptile health......

Anyway..... Damon..... Im always packin heat... and I'm a US Marine... so be ready for a serious fight.....
Well now, that oughta be interesting.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #1877
Kaiyudsai
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Well now, that oughta be interesting.
I just added some more charges to his list.... My friend just took a statement..... man Im glad I recorded that phone conversation... iphones are awesome!!!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #1878
Southern Wolf
Plot thickens... maybe I should go back and read all 1800+ posts.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #1879
aleria
Aren't threats like that enough to get him thrown straight back in jail, especially considering the fact that he just got out, has pending charges, and has other warrants out for his arrest?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #1880
SakaraGT4
LOL! wow... gets out of jail and starts threatening, LOL... and military... I know he's not that bright, but DANG.... really?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart