High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 197 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #1961
TailsWithScales
Thanks Lyndsey for giving us all the information and logging into the sight. How sad the conditions the animals, including your dog, were being kept it.

I really do hope this is it and he's finally being stopped.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #1962
chamgirl99471
All we can hope is that he doesn't up and run and find a new identity to use!! I hope they are keeping tabs on him from now on!!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #1963
BenR
Since we haven't heard anything is it safe to assume he wasn't feeding the dogs and cats to his snakes at least????

Old 04-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #1964
lamom

No its not safe to say that just yet, no results have come in yet, but word is that his property is up for sale in Oakdale La. and that he intends to move to Florida because of Louisianas restriction for over 12 ft long snakes, but actually that is no restriction just a permit needed to keep the snakes is all and the permit is free, but your property must be inspected to see if the snakes can be properly housed and cannot escape so there is no worry of these snakes ending up in the wild. But he cant pass the inspection so guess what no permit. Now this is just heresay at this point but it is from a reliable source.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #1965
Hybridbird
Talking

That makes PERFECT sense since FL is so much more lax on their ROC restrictions.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #1966
TailsWithScales
Yes you thief, lier, scammer, etc move again. Do what you've always done. I'm sure that when he moves again he'll do something wrong and get arrested. One could hope.

Thanks for the little update. Someone on fauna should buy his property. I'm sure it's going for cheap.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #1967
crotalusadamanteus
Actually, intending to move to Florida will likely land him in North Carolina or some other state out there with lots of forest for him to hide in.

Remember, he left Cali heading for GA, but he parked his short bus in LA instead. It's a ruse to get people looking the wrong direction while he master plans his next big opening some place else.

He's got a particular writing style though. Easy to spot. Now that they took his large animals, it won't be so easy to spot his pictures unless he post's old ones though.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #1968
Kaiyudsai
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Actually, intending to move to Florida will likely land him in North Carolina or some other state out there with lots of forest for him to hide in.

Remember, he left Cali heading for GA, but he parked his short bus in LA instead. It's a ruse to get people looking the wrong direction while he master plans his next big opening some place else.

He's got a particular writing style though. Easy to spot. Now that they took his large animals, it won't be so easy to spot his pictures unless he post's old ones though.
True Dat.... It's funny... now he's trying to act like the all the news stories and publicity is all a fabrication made up by me...LOL

Just to clarify this to the general public... All of my statement we're made for one reason... to make the herp community aware of the truth.... not as a character assaination... Damon did that to himself.... All statements I made can also be backed up by photographic evidence I have.... which I have placed on a media card and locked in a safety deposit box in the event I need it to support my statements in court......

People deserve the truth.....

Old 04-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #1969
Kaiyudsai
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamom View Post
To set the record strait, we were the ones who enacted the arrest/search warrant, because of them getting our Doberman under false pretences. The article posted above is accurate. After 4 days of giving the doby to them they posted him on craigslist for sale for the amount of $300 using the same pictures that we emailed them. As David states in his email to another member here, he was not directly involved with the phone conversations per say, but we don’t know who was behind the emails in which we used as proof to the Allen parish Sheriffs dept. We never intended to have them arrested, we asked for the dog back numerous times and after posting on craigslist to stop them from selling the dog to others we began receiving emails that they were the same people running “Happy Hounds Rescue” which turned out to be a fake animal rescue, (which the website has been taken down as of right now thanks to a response from our emails to web domain holder) the phone number on the website matched the number we had for this couple therefore we knew it was the same people. A couple emails later we learned from another source that this couple owned “High End Herps” snake farm which we too verified. After that it didn’t take much to figure out that they very well might be feeding dogs and cats to the snakes. With this in mind my wife was determined to get the doby back. So she set out on a campaign to anyone who would listen, newspaper, news, radio and also the Sheriffs’ dept.
When we were asked if the dog was obtained using false information we said yes and proved it with printed emails from Tawani, although we knew her as Jenny at the time. So they seem to both love using fake names for a reason.
Once the search warrant was issued we were called in to come get the doby and were able to view the property just hours after they raided it. So For Mr. David “what’s his name” to say that the police messed up the property is ludicrous. Animals that were found on the property were in cages way too small for the cats and dogs. Including our own doby who was in cage so small he could not even stand up. We saw this property first hand and the deploring conditions in which they and the animals lived. No running water in pipes, water hoses were used instead, no working toilets or showers on the property. When deputies asked where they used the bathroom or bathed they replied “ anywhere we can” Bones and skulls of animals laid all over the property, leading us to believe they fed the snakes whatever the snakes could swallow. When asked what they feed the snakes he replied “ rabbits” although no rabbits were found just frozen Guinea pigs in the freezer.
All the cats that were seized, were pregnant. Leading us to believe once again the kittens would be used for food. One of the dogs perished on the way to the humane society, and another had to be put down due to malnutrition and lack of care of both. Once in the police noticed the size of several of the snakes which lead them to call wildlife and fisheries for lack of permits on snakes over 12 ft. in which they were charged.
The ammonia smell on the property was very overwhelming, this is first hand account, by us. So don’t let Mr. and Mrs what there name is, fool you. His bail was delayed because he gave false names to the sheriffs dept. Which come to find out he was wanted in Arizona, which you all seem to already know, but they don’t want him for such minor charges. So I do believe his blow out sell is for either leaving Louisiana, Or paying the forthcoming fines ahead. Anyway we now are determined to stop these liars, and scammers, although we didn t know what we getting into at the time we did ask for the dog back several times and they refused. If you go to http://www.villeplattetoday.com/cont...ng-many-others

There you will see pictures as wildlife and fisheries were helping with the removal of the non permited snakes. Everything I am saying can be verified by By Detective Ben Perkins of the Allen parish sheriffs dept. and or the Human society of West Louisiana.
THank you so much for coming forward... Now at least there is someone else who can verify that all of this isnt just some story that I conjured up in order to make David/Damon look bad. We all owe you a debt of gratitude. I hope you realize that this guy is not representative of how reptile breeders generally operate. I'm really happy you were able to get your dog back...

Marc Duhon

Old 04-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #1970
mikecon812
Hi All now I'm going to ask a question that might sound heartless but on one of the last posts someone said"they very well might be feeding dogs and cats to the snakes." We feed mice,rats, guinea pigs, rabbits and the babies of these animals, birds other snakes and lizards to our reptiles. All of these are kept as loving pets by others and here in KY every Thursday the humane society spends 4 hours euthanizing dogs and cats. In other countries they serve dogs as a main course. so what is out problem with feeding dogs and cats to other animals?.
Now I don't know this David never did business with him or HEH and don't want to. I also don't condone anything that this person has done to his animals and feel he should be made to live in the same squaller he kept his animals in and maybe worse but the statement about the biasness feeding of dogs and cats to his snakes started me wondering why we feel so repulsed about it.
Please don't start hammering me about this Because I have seen how vicious you can become it's just a philosophical question.
BTW I don't feed any of my animals dogs or cats. I don't have anything that big. I even feel bad about feeding them the mice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart