High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 198 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #1971
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecon812 View Post
Hi All now I'm going to ask a question that might sound heartless but on one of the last posts someone said"they very well might be feeding dogs and cats to the snakes." We feed mice,rats, guinea pigs, rabbits and the babies of these animals, birds other snakes and lizards to our reptiles. All of these are kept as loving pets by others and here in KY every Thursday the humane society spends 4 hours euthanizing dogs and cats. In other countries they serve dogs as a main course. so what is out problem with feeding dogs and cats to other animals?.
Now I don't know this David never did business with him or HEH and don't want to. I also don't condone anything that this person has done to his animals and feel he should be made to live in the same squaller he kept his animals in and maybe worse but the statement about the biasness feeding of dogs and cats to his snakes started me wondering why we feel so repulsed about it.
Please don't start hammering me about this Because I have seen how vicious you can become it's just a philosophical question.
BTW I don't feed any of my animals dogs or cats. I don't have anything that big. I even feel bad about feeding them the mice
Such philosophical questions are better suited to other forums. The BOI is for discussing evidence of good or bad business deals....not for debating the pros and cons of various feeding methods.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #1972
mikecon812
Well wouldn't the feeding of dogs and cats in this case be a business practice? and it was a consideration in this string

Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #1973
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Well wouldn't the feeding of dogs and cats in this case be a business practice? and it was a consideration in this string
Mike, Judy is right as it was never proven that HEH fed dogs and cats to their animals that I have seen. But, please, make a thread about it in a discussion forum, I would love to participate. Try the feeder forum.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #1974
JudyC
Quote:
If you have EVIDENCE that he was or was not using dogs and/or cats as a food source...then yeah, that would be pertinent to the thread. But the rightness or wrongness of such an action is up to each individual reading this to decide for themselves. THAT argument is not pertinent to the thread. Go to the "Hell" forum or "General BS" or "Sound OFF" or the "Python Discussion Forum" and start a new thread there to discuss the philosophy of using dogs and cats as prey.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #1975
crotalusadamanteus
The method in which they obtained the animals is more in question then whether or not they're feeding them off. (that was actually an after thought)

They're receiving the animals under false pretenses is the root of the problem.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #1976
mikecon812
tHIS THREAS HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE FEEDING FORUN "WHAT WE FEED AND HOW WE FEEL ABOUT IT. sO COME HERE AND CHAT.

iT WASN'T A QUESTION OF WHETHER THEY DID OR DIDN'T FEED DOGS AND CATS TO THEIR SNAKES IT'S THE IDEA OF FEEDING THEM TO THE SNAKES THAT SEEMS TO BOTHER US

Old 04-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #1977
mikecon812
Angry

Quote:
THAT argument is not pertinent to the thread. Go to the "Hell" forum or "General BS" or "Sound OFF" or the "Python Discussion Forum" and start a new thread there to discuss the philosophy of using dogs and cats as prey.
__________________This thread over the 4 years it has run has lost it's pertinence along time ago. The guy has been baned, beaten to death (with words) ruined, arrested, put in jail, the animals have been removed and saved the one girl got her dog back. Isn't that enough !!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #1978
morph evolution
well michael connor i guess you not aware of what damon is capable of...he is just gonna find another way to sell and screw people into buying his animals.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #1979
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
__________________This thread over the 4 years it has run has lost it's pertinence along time ago. The guy has been baned, beaten to death (with words) ruined, arrested, put in jail, the animals have been removed and saved the one girl got her dog back. Isn't that enough !!!!!!!!!!
It has? I'm sorry, what is the pertinence of this thread? Let me get this straight. You joined this site ten days ago and have spent your time reading the now approaching 2,000 posts on this one thread. No, you haven't. You also didn't spend much time reading the threads that predate this one. I'm glad someone has stepped up to the plate and explained there is nothing to see here. Please tell us. You know the rest of us that have been following and comprehending what has taken place in this thread and the others for the past seven years.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #1980
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
It has? I'm sorry, what is the pertinence of this thread? Let me get this straight. You joined this site ten days ago and have spent your time reading the now approaching 2,000 posts on this one thread. No, you haven't. You also didn't spend much time reading the threads that predate this one. I'm glad someone has stepped up to the plate and explained there is nothing to see here. Please tell us. You know the rest of us that have been following and comprehending what has taken place in this thread and the others for the past seven years.

Or you could just give us the top ten no longer relevant incidents in this one thread, that you know, don't matter any more so we can put this puppy to bed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart