Heads up! Nigerreptilefarm ofering 6 feet WC albino ball pythons! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:53 PM   #31
RosendoP
I fell for it.

To all who have replied on this thread, I wish I had found this thread sooner. I found the Niger Reptile Farm on Reptilespark.com. I am a tortoise breeder and when I saw his prices, embarassingly, I couldn't refuse. I ordered an Aldabra Tortoise from ol Michael Bruce. Price: $360 shipped. I did a search on the board and got only one response stating that he had used someone elses pics in the past and that that was the only red flag. So I took a chance. I western Unioned him the money. The entire time I was told that all the proper paperwork to bring the tortoise in would be supplied to me. Well a week later he emails me back to tell me that I will need an import permit. No problem I have one but I had to renew it. I told him it was going to take a little time. He told me he was going on leave for two weeks. I said fine, it will take me that long to get my permit renewed and mailed. That was 10 days ago. I am awaiting his reply as to when he would like me to fax the permit copy to him. I will continue to reply and let everybody know what happens next.

Old 05-06-2004, 12:58 AM   #32
TIGERRETIC
hahaha you should of seen the pics they sent. all of those people from africa trying to sell reptiles are so dumb. they sent me pics of a lavender albino ball and a albino ball . they said 360 im like get out of here! this is a def scam and sure enough i saw them on constrictors unlimited so dumb these people.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:43 AM   #33
The BoidSmith
Rosendo,

Sorry to hear that. An Aldabra for $360 shipped? I suspect you are not going to hear from him again.

Does anyone recognize the picture of the guy with the burmese? I bet is also from the web.

Regards.

Old 05-07-2004, 11:13 PM   #34
The BoidSmith
Heads up!

It seems they have changed their name and are now operating under Basin Reptile Farm. Albino ball pythons for $300, indian stars for $140, aldabras $350...what a steal (literally)!
Below is their complete "price list":

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: agarcia@itctel.com
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: Respond to your reptilespark.com SmallAd

Hi,
Yes, we have a pricelist and pictures are available.
what items exactly are you interested in?.The pricelist are as follows:
7ft albino burmese python,$150
11ft albino burmese python(,$160 each
16ft albino burmese python(,$230
5ft albino burmese python.$120 each.
albino balls $300 for females,$250 for males.
redtail boas $150 each
normal ball pythons,$150 each.
Tortoises available:
leopard tortoise $170
redfoot tortoise $200
sulcatas,$120 each
indian stars $140 each,
Aldabra giant tortoise $350 each.
We would be expecting your reply.Pictures would be sent once you have made your selections.
cheers

Old 05-07-2004, 11:27 PM   #35
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
Does anyone recognize the picture of the guy with the burmese?
I'm fairly certain I saw that picture on Reptibid. The seller on Reptibid said it was a green burm as well (which it obviously isn't).

Old 10-21-2004, 07:49 PM   #36
tigerlilie2
Angry Me Too

This "Bruce Micheal" has taken my money too, as embarrasing as that is to write. This was a while ago, when I didnt understand the market value of these animals. But what can ya do? You learn from your mistakes. Hard lesson learned! I then notified the FBI and emailed the web host from his ad and reptifarm.com which he advertises on regularly too. I've yet to get any responses from anybody, even the FBI. He posted a pic of an albino ball from Ralph Davis. HA! And the funny thing was, is that I knew the pic from somewhere but just couldn't put my finger on it. I notified Ralph Davis regarding this when it happened. I really don't think anyone will get there money back after this has happened to them. Maybe Clark or Ralph Davis can help though??? But I doubt that too...after all, it was only a pic the guy took from them, not money.
I'm sure there are TONS of people that have been scammed from these guys. They are just embarrased to say anything about it, thinking they got a "good deal" like me.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:52 PM   #37
tigerlilie2
Exclamation oops

The pic I saw was stolen from Ralph's site of the albino ball.

Old 10-22-2004, 03:46 PM   #38
mingdurga
Stop! niger reptile farm.

Doesn't W.C. Fields mean anything on this forum? Caveat Emptor?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!