Anyone dealt with Snakes at Sunset recently? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
The BoidSmith
Anyone dealt with Snakes at Sunset recently?

And no, it's not Amir Soleymani; they are under new ownership. We just sent money for a snake assuming we were dealing with Amir but the reply was that he didn't own the store anymore. I sent an e-mail asking who the new owner is but I have yet to hear about it. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks,

Dan

Old 09-27-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
bcherps
Amir sold that location back in the spring. There was a breif time tht the new guy at Snakes at sunset was posting on ks, but I didn't catch the name.

If you are on ks you may be able to find out who it is.

thanks
ben

Old 09-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Actually there's no name in the ads that were posted this week.

Quote:
Snakes at Sunset is Miami's most well known reptile specialty store. Located at 9763 sw 72 st, we are open 7 days a week from 11am till 7pm.
Anyways, I already sent my money and I know it has been delivered. The order was made to Snakes at Sunset as per their request.

Thanks,

Dan

Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
Carlos F.
Snakes At Sunset is under new ownership and is being managed/operated by Michael Barrera aka Mike Barrera. Look him up and I think you'll see you are in good hands. I have purchased 3 animals from him recently and was very happy with the transactions. No worries, Dan.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
Otter_23
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he in jail for smuggling?

Old 09-29-2007, 07:36 AM   #6
Lene
I have received three orders from Snakes at Sunset this summer.The last one Sept 26 all three were what they were supposed to be.they arrived on time and were packed properly.all animals are healthy and doing great.I will buy from them again without hesitation if they have something that i am interested in.So far my experience with Mike has been as good as my dealings with Ben Siegel

Old 09-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
Justin Mitcham
Are you referring to the same Michael Berrara that recently was released from prison for his involvement in smuggling endangered animals..many of which died in route?
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=2621
the same guy who claimed to be close friends with this guy on many of his BOI post here?...
http://www.awionline.org/pubs/Quarte...ug_kingpin.htm
Hope it is not the same guy!!

Old 09-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #8
Chris@SFC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham
Are you referring to the same Michael Berrara that recently was released from prison for his involvement in smuggling endangered animals..many of which died in route?
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=2621
the same guy who claimed to be close friends with this guy on many of his BOI post here?...
http://www.awionline.org/pubs/Quarte...ug_kingpin.htm
Hope it is not the same guy!!
Wow Great Find! I live here In S.florida and I know of Mike from SNAKES. But never knew of smuggling. As of Mario Tabraue, I never knew this either. I just learned about his buisness the other day. I wanted to get a few ball pythons from him but they refused me going. I will never do buisness with these people. It seemed they where too busy for me and I hate companies that put them selves first instead of the customer. It seems everyone that imports Bps here are too greedy here in miami and wont let normals have a peek at what they have.

As for Mike I dont think youll go wrong though. He has too much at stake to rip you off. He has a store, and he does internet sales through KS, so your good. I doubt he wants too lose everything

Old 09-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #9
Justin Mitcham
too much to loose..

As one of the guys who had Federal Agents show up on his doorstep because of some torts he bought off kingsnake that originated from these people , I can say it is no fun. Nothing like being interrogated and mildly threatened in your own home with your own LEGAL animals being scrutinized.
These were a gift for my now wife that I purchased as CB in good faith..one died right off the bat the other had many problems..I guess to some this is ok that this crap went on!! That scary little visit probably took 5 years off my life.
I wonder how many animals died because of this!!

Old 09-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
The BoidSmith
Quote:
As for Mike I dont think youll go wrong though. He has too much at stake to rip you off. He has a store, and he does internet sales through KS, so your good. I doubt he wants too lose everything
Except that is not enough for me. I like to know who I am dealing with, and my mistake was to assume it was Soleymani (in fact I replied addressing him as Amir). The ball python is set to arrive on Tuesday.

Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!