cooling period boa trouble - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
Jbirdstudios
cooling period boa trouble

i regret doing this now but for a couple winter months i turned the heat off on my red tailes enclosure and just let it be room temp, was normaly around 65 to 75 F.

upon turning the heat back up the boa displayed a bit of the cork screwing and head upside down movements.

4th day now and its pretty much stopped doing that, anyone else ever run into that??

Old 03-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #2
JCCS
You need to get the snake to a vet. Also, don't let boas get that cold. You have to remember in Colombia, there is very little temperature variation in the seasons.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:00 AM   #3
Jbirdstudios
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
You need to get the snake to a vet. Also, don't let boas get that cold. You have to remember in Colombia, there is very little temperature variation in the seasons.
Yeah even though it was just under 70 I think it was too long like that.

Here’s the thing, it’s acting normal now, was going to see if it would eat.

Do you think the vet would even be worth it now or should I let it try and eat and see how it does since it’s acting better now?

Old 03-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #4
JCCS
If it was acting as you described, it would be heading to the vet if it were me. Feeding it could actually increase stress on the body and if there is something wrong, make it worse.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!