Ball has what I consider - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-20-2016, 12:14 AM   #1
Ballguy8771
Ball has what I consider

My ball python has what I consider diarrhea, it's all over the place poop. It's in a all screen cage so I don't think it's getting the right heat. I had it before in a 20g long tank. She had it in there also. I don't have 100$ to spend on a another glass tank. Any suggestions on how to get the right heat in the reptaruim? Should I buy heat cable? When I had it in the reptaruim before it had the right poop. I did put it in hot water cus mites, I didn't think it was hot when I checked it so no bad owner things. I would like to know what I could do in few months will buy a rack system or by end year. We'll hope to hear from few people for ideas and any suggest any type of better care for her. Sorry if didn't word this right

Old 06-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballguy8771 View Post
I don't have 100$ to spend on a another glass tank.
Then don't, these work great for housing individual medium-size snakes:
http://www.lowes.com/pd/Hefty-100-Qu...g-Lid/50150118

Ball pythons don't belong in tanks anyway so you've just been wasting money buying them.

Put an under-tank heat pad REGULATED BY A THERMOSTAT OR YOU WILL BURN YOUR SNAKE AGAIN underneath of the tub. Set the thermostat so the surface temperature of the tub is 90*F and your snake will be fine.

Quote:
Any suggestions on how to get the right heat in the reptaruim? Should I buy heat cable?
No, heat cable is expensive and not very effective. You're better off with an under-tank heat pad AND A THERMOSTAT.

Quote:
I did put it in hot water cus mites, I didn't think it was hot when I checked it so no bad owner things. I would like to know what I could do in few months will buy a rack system or by end year. We'll hope to hear from few people for ideas and any suggest any type of better care for her. Sorry if didn't word this right
Did you take your snake to a vet after it was burned by the hot water?

How are you treating for mites?

Old 06-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
Ballguy8771
Thanks I will put that into consideration when I get the money to buy a new better cage system!

If I buy a thermostat then I'll get the heat cable. That's the only way I'd buy an under heater is with a thermostat. I have been made to believe that a heat pad was wrong for snakes.

I mean it wasn't that hot like 100 degrees but I toke her out of the hot water like a minute later. I am almost positive I killed all the mites. It's been nearly 2 months and I don't see any on my snakes. So all good in that deptment.

I will most likely buy a vision rack system with heat cable and thermostat all at same time. I have very expensive snakes so only the best for them

Thanks so much for ur help if u have any more suggested things I'd like to hear bout them, all the best to u

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!