Good Guy Layne Labs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Randy F
Layne Labs

John over at Layne Labs is really a good guy, and who you want to do business with. Lets set aside that their rodents are packaged nicer than any other rodent supply. Who wants to try and pull frozen rats apart that are all intertwined with others? Lets not talk about the fact that when you buy a certain size, thats what your getting. Kinda frustrating when you thaw out a large rat for a big breeder female and realize that half the bag is really large mediums that she might want two. Leave alone that you get your product when you are promised it, and notified along the way on its process. Lets just focus on customer service........when you call up there before even knowing if your ordering $20 or $2000, you get treated great. If you have questions, John answers them and gives you advice. How many places really give you the time of day and not just take your order and get you along? It is more than a business to these guys, they help you out and really care about your success. You really can't lose with these guys. Give them a shot next time you need frozen rodents and you wont be sorry.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Bowdoin55
Agreed!

I've only used their website to order, so I haven't had the privilege of speaking to anyone directly, but I am a very happy repeat customer.

The quality of their feeders is simply outstanding, and I agree that they are packaged and shipped with great care and skill. I give Layne Labs my highest recommendation.

Thanks,

David

Old 01-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
I just made my first order from them. I've never ordered mice online before so I wasn't totally sure what to expect.

The prices were good, shipping was fairly quick, and the mice seem to be good quality. I ordered large pinkies and there was a slight amount of variation in the size (a few of them were really tiny), but overall, they were consistent in size. I also LOVED that they were all separate in the bag, not frozen together in a lump.

I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
creepycrawly
I ordered from them last year, and everything went really well.
I have ordered from two other suppliers in the past, but was never all that happy. The orders would take weeks to ship (sometimes weeks to get an order placed!) and many times I was forced to place several orders to get the sizes I needed. I hated paying for shipping on two orders just because the supplier was out of a size and refused to hold the rest of the order until they had the size I needed. With Layne Labs I got to place the order I wanted, wasn't pressured into buying more to fill up more space in the box, got the order in less than a week, and they even called me to let me know when my order had shipped. I really hope they keep this up!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
maze031
I love Layne Labs. I've ordered from them a few times now. Always clean, nice looking rats.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Mystic Exotics
I also recommend LL!
The product is great quality, the shipping time frame is fabulous, & if there is a problem with the order, they fix it!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
Randy F
I just bought another $1000 from them at the Pomona show this weekend and once again.......smooth, easy, great product. I know it sounds really stupid but its nice getting a dry soft furred frozen rat over stiff bloody furred ones any day.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
KICHIMARK
I also purchase from Layne Labs. I saw them at the Pomona show as well and even though I didn't buy a thousand bucks worth (wow), they were still very helpful with my small order. I really love the quality of their product.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
Randy F
yeah my wallet never likes those big orders!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
Randy F
just to refresh this one with some more positive feedback.........I just bought another big order from John and we picked it up at the Pamona show. We hadn't realized it because my partner picked them up and when he brought them to me I had partaken in one or twelve too many adult beverages. He put them away and life was good. I got a call from John that we had left a box there. These guys have a big show going on and still stopped to call and let us know we had more and made sure to get it to us. Most people would have just put them back in their freezers. These guys are the best, have no viruses and not being shut down for unhealthy conditions. No offense but, if your not buying from them your just......well.....not smart!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!