Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 10:22 PM   #111
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
But I will admit.. that I seem to look harder for friends :-p
Hey No offense that's what good friends are for! You are suppose to support them.

Old 07-21-2003, 10:56 PM   #112
Randy Bennett
Sick new locality

Hey everybody.This discussion is getting downright silly.If I buy a snake for $2500, I expect that snake to be perfect in every way.Not on death's door, pumped full of fluids,depressed rostral
scales, flacid body,dying as we speak.Anybody that knows anything about snakes knows that this did not happen overnight.Just put yourself in Matt's place.How would YOU feel
if someone sent YOU something like that!This snake was not
purchased as a rehab case.For $25 maybe, not $2500.Just look at the photos of this animal.Tim knew exactly what he was doing
when he sent this poor animal
out.Look at the photos, read Tim's pathetic response, and put
yourself in Matt's shoes.I think
he has shown a great deal of restraint in his posts.Tim even has the nerve to post other snakes for sale as we speak.Would YOU buy a reptile from this person.A $3000 amazon
basin at that!Hopefully, after
this blatant rip off, Tim won't be able to sell his owm plasma,
much less a high end reptile.Go look at the thread about Joe P
and Tim Bowles.Listen to Tim
whine and whimper.Yet he doesn't
have the balls to come on here.
That's because he's pulled a
rippoff and he know's it.Unfortunately, it's the poor snake that is the one that
really is the victim in this
sickening fraud.Animal cruelty
is not a pretty sight, and this
is the worst thing I have ever seen on this BOI.It's really sad.

Old 07-21-2003, 10:58 PM   #113
Darin Chappell
Matt,

Thanks for posting those names of the people with whom you spoke about this issue. I appreciate it, and I am looking forward to seeing the vet reports when they are available.

Tim,

You have held a good reputation here for some time. I would really hate to see this lost over a misunderstanding, but if there is no misunderstanding, you can help yourself best by coming clean as soon as possible. You've been around the BOI long enough to know how it works! Did you (or did someone on your behalf) inject that snake with sub-Q fluids? If so, why? Please answer these simple questions, Tim. Otherwise, I'm afraid your name will suffer proportionally.

Scott,

Assuming for the sake of argument that your take on the whole "a violation of TOS disrupts all gurantees" is the correct one, let me ask you this, How did that snake get in the long-term bad shape BEFORE it got shipped to Matt? The sub-Q injections were done for a reason . . .why did Tim ever let her get so bad, and why did he sell her to ANYONE??? Now, the TOS violation would be a valid point if Tim had not been in agreement with continuing the transaction despite the violation of his TOS. He remedied the violation by refusing to guarantee the shipping or the results thereof. Fine. However, that snake did not suffer those difficiencies due to a shipping that worked flawlessly.

Old 07-21-2003, 11:10 PM   #114
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Darin,
Quote:
Thanks for posting those names of the people with whom you spoke about this issue. I appreciate it, and I am looking forward to seeing the vet reports when they are available.
These are just the people that saw the pics and discussed with me their professional opinions. There is a long list of people that have been made aware of the situation including the ones on this forum! I have had a lot of private e-mails and calls of support and I would like to thank everyone! There is plenty of support for me but what I like more is all of the concern for the snake! I will post the vet report as soon as I get it.

Old 07-22-2003, 12:27 AM   #115
cka
I think the biggest tragedy here is that snake...It's pretty f****n' low to use an animal in such a manner...Money is money and although $2500 isn't pocket change it's still just money...That animals value to it's world is far beyond what we place on it...to use it as a scam or an object of revenge is pretty damn gutless...Wow, what a world...

Old 07-22-2003, 12:38 PM   #116
Tom Burns
Quote:
hmm.. from reading the posts earlier in this thread... to me.. it sounds like you waived Tim's TOS by accepting the sale of the animal to you. So... that means you bought it as is.
Wow! A bit of a stretch don't you think? By this standard it would always be ok to misrepresent and sell bad animals as long as you can get the customer to waive your TOS by 'any means necessary'. Are these the types of sales pitches you like to document in your e-mails? As long as it looks good on paper? CYA?

Tom Burns

Old 07-22-2003, 02:05 PM   #117
Ghi Reptiles
Preliminary Vet Report

I have been asked by a few of you to post a vet report of the female "New Locale" Emerald tree Boa that I bought from Tim Bowles of Arboreals Of The Rainforest. The animal was suppose to have no problems at all and I paid $2,500.00 for her...UP-FRONT. I agreed to have her shipped UPS as long as Tim was not responsible if anything happened to her as a result of shipping. This is how she looked when I got her.

This is what she looked like two days ago

This is the Vet Report (I have left out the contact information because of potential harrassment from involved parties. When the time comes the vets contact info will be released).

Thanks again for all of the support!

Old 07-22-2003, 03:20 PM   #118
Awesome Arborea
Criminal act.

Well said Randy B. There is no contraversy here. It's 100% straight forward. Incredibly bad deal and judgement by Tim. I too, hate to see you going down this road Tim. I've always considered you a good guy. You should really do the right thing here and put this to rest.
'
Tony Nicoli
Awesome Arboreals
http://www.boas.net

Old 07-22-2003, 04:58 PM   #119
Darin Chappell
Well, THAT was fairly definitive! What say you, Tim?

Matt,

Thanks again for the post. How is the snake progressing? Please keep us posted.

Old 07-22-2003, 05:59 PM   #120
HerpVenue
SLike others were saying....
By shipping UPS.....you waived his TOS.
Which means he can ship you an OBVIOUSLY sick snake.....misrepresent it....and your SOL.

Actually it is not his fault.
It is not your fault either.

The reason he did not want to use UPS is because he knew that UPS would open the box and shoot the snake up with all that liquid sh!t. And then let it proceed to your place.

ps. the above is me being sarcastic.

I do not know who posted it........But someone said Matt waived the TOS by picking the shipping company.

If this is acceptable in your mind.........
Then please order some live ball pythons from me.....then pick the shipping company YOU want to ship with.
I will then go to my freezer and get some ball pythons from last year and ship it to you........
Then you can't hold me responsible......because by not shipping with the company I prefer.....you then waive your rights to my TOS

ps more sarcasm.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread