Having trouble with Kingsnake.com Help Please!! Sorry, kind of long - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-24-2002, 10:21 AM   #151
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Finally saying something here...

but this will be my only post in this thread.

First, about the BOI and faunaclassifieds being banned from kingsnake.com. Ummm, I thought that was already in effect, right? I'm not sure since I don't visit the kingsnake forums as much as I used to anymore, but I thought posting links to the BOI was forbidden a long time ago. Were link posting abilities reinstated at some point and now Jeff is cutting them off again? Sorry, was lost on that one.

Second, Adam, you even said yourself that you expected it to happen, so why are you surprised? As Jason pointed out, you DID INDEED violate kingsnake.com TOS on more than one point. You were sent a warning. You chose to be a smarta$$ in your reply, and you got the boot. Maybe it's just me, but the couple of times my ads have violated TOS, I was contacted about it and I replied asking what I did wrong in a RESPECTFUL(not groveling)way and I was answered in kind. You know what I did? I FIXED the problem so as to be in line with TOS. No harm, no foul. And although I get angry when I see my ad getting deleted for something I see other posters doing, you know what? That is between THEM and kingsnake.com, not me, them, and kingsnake.com. I have no problems selling anything amidst all the TOS violators. Also, if I get caught breaking the rules(either intentionally or unintentionally), I still BROKE the rules, regardless of how many other people are doing it. A broken rule is a broken rule Adam. Even if you are the ONLY person who is taken action against, YOU STILL BROKE THE RULE!!! Although I think maybe there needs to be more even enforcement of those rules, but if you don't break them at all, you have nothing to worry about right?

Third, stop trying to third party and pity party everything. You broke the rules no matter how many other people did, you still broke them yourself(yes I'm repeating myself and I'm aware of it). "Oh poor me, I broke the rules and got caught while everyone else gets away with it. boohoo!" Take responsibility for your own actions. You still haven't done that. Try it sometime, it's an eye-opener.

Fourth, if your business only has kingsnake.com to rely on to make sales, I would say you are screwed. NEVER put all your eggs in one basket!!! Simple rule of business. If you only have ONE avenue to move product, you might as well close your doors. Sure I have a kingsnake account and it's served me well, but I also post ads here on fauna, as well as several other free boards and classified sites, herp societies, and also word of mouth. This is not a dig at anyone in particular, but if your livelihood depends on that ONE website to keep in business, best of luck to you because you're going to need it.

Now, I know there are lots of people out there that have problems with the way Jeff is running things(I highly disagree with his choice of animal rights activist moderators, myself), but I still think his site is a valuable business tool(despite the moderators).

I hope everyone has a Merry Merry and Happy Happy!

Old 12-24-2002, 01:46 PM   #152
Uffern
Actually, the ability to post a link to Fauna was available until the day after he said he would block it. Someone posted a link to the BOI the very day the block was mentioned. It is no longer a link, however, it is now just text, so you would have to copy and paste it. You can't even type that combination of letter anymore, though.

Just an aside, I think it is really funny when people type K i n g s n a k e, as though there is a filter here for that.

Old 12-24-2002, 02:14 PM   #153
Adam Block
Rob, very good post and extremely well worded but you missed the boat on not only my point but also my intentions.

I don't mind being held accountable when I'm at fault for something. I take accountability to the next level for that matter and I'm more then willing to take blame even for things that may not be my fault just for not knowing it would happen.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about. The terms of IMPACT Reptiles stait that I live a very relaxed lifestyle and nothing gets done quickly. It basically says I'm a slow shipper and that's just how it is. HOWEVER, this doesn't give me the right to put people on hold for months while waiting on an item from me to move forward with a project.

In the situation with Ken I was wrong for my actions even though I said that's what I would do. As for Jeff, fine I violated TOS, he didn't want to be questioned about that so he deleted my account! Fair? Not in my eyes! His right to do? You bet! Do I have an issue or care that he deleted my account? Well, I don't care that my account got deleted because he was doing what he warned he would do and for me this would have just died away if I'd gotten a refund. But that got me thinking about how many people I've spoken with that are scared to say anything about Jeff.

My thoughts on this are that Jeff is skating a very fine line in the eyes of the law and he knows this. I think that Jeff's customer service is appalling! I think he has a total lack of respect for the herp community that made his site what it is. I also don't think any of that is right; I think he owes us just as much as we owe him!

So did I get my own account deleted, did I know it would happen? YES!

In all honesty I was tired of walking on eggshells for years with the threat of my account being deleted looming overhead. I'm an adult and don't need to have that fear of being punished by Jeff. That is exactly what I would call it, if you question, go against, don't agree with, step in his way or do something else to trigger his hair trigger you're gone! Now that my account is gone it's hurting me for sure but the freedom I have that nobody else does, the freedom to say what I want about Jeff without fear of retaleation is there.

I hope that clears up my thoughts on having my account deleted. I don't care who else Jeff deletes, whose ads he keeps or removes. Who he likes or doesn't. I'm only trying to point out how selective he is when it comes to enforcing his rules.

To me it's much like the woman I saw getting arrested on the news for not wearing her seatbelt. She was in the wrong, the cop was within the law, she basically brought it on herself for not following the law but it still wasn't right in my eyes.

Adam Block

Old 12-24-2002, 02:46 PM   #154
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamBlock

lots of stuff
Just so you know Adam... I am going to save this entire thread when its over.. to show to my employees that work the shifts I manage.. with the title "know when to stop talking" You just have no idea when to stop.

Here is a basic idea for you... pauses. Pauses are a very important part of life and more importantly discussions. If you never stop flapping away with your dilusional thoughts and ideals.. then.. nobody has the time to think about what you said. You really need to learn that there is a certain time in which you have said enough for your point to come across (which was said many many pages ago) and then realize that you have crossed the line in which you are just hurting yourself even more.

about your post complaining about Jeff calling kingsnake "his business" well.. it is his business. Its not "our" business. For that to happen he will have to go public and sell stock to "his" company. Until that time only he has the right to call it his business. None of us have any financial responsibility in the daily activities of kingsnake.com

Scott

Old 12-24-2002, 03:19 PM   #155
jusmebabe
See people i violated tos and my post was deleted. Just as Jeff can delete your post if you violate tos on his site. This belongs to the web person and he can delete ads when and if he feels like it and depending on who you are you can get 10 warnings or none at all. Personally i don't mind but had to type all this that everyone has said on the first 15 pages in order to get it up. Hope i have repeated everything if not i can. See Adam if i get banned from here i will have no one to blame but my self for pushing the site owners button.. By the way i knew you guys could do it if you know what i mean...

Old 12-24-2002, 03:22 PM   #156
WebSlave
Quote:
Just an aside, I think it is really funny when people type K i n g s n a k e, as though there is a filter here for that.
No, I have not banned that URL or name from my site, but damn I am tempted. Turnabout is fair play, I do believe. I feel like if ol whatshisname wants to slam the door in my face and lock it, why not put my own lock on the outside of that same door? I'm sure be believes that could not hurt him, just as ONE fire ant is not that big of a deal.

The worst thing you can do to someone in business is to just completely ignore them. Even bad press is advertising.

Old 12-24-2002, 04:00 PM   #157
Classic Dum's
Quote:
In all honesty I was tired of walking on eggshells for years with the threat of my account being deleted looming overhead.
Like a couple people before have said you should know when to shut up. How long have you been breaking the rules? From the statemnt above I am lead to believe this is not the first time you have violated TOS. So if you have been walking on eggs shells for some time you must have been doing something wrong for some length of time you knew about. Why in the world would you continue to do what you knew was wrong? Your only walking on eggs shells if you have a guilty conscience!

Old 12-30-2002, 09:33 PM   #158
Adam Block
I would just like to see this thread close with an email I sent to Jeff and of course got no responce. Here it is:

Quote:
Jeff, I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry if my actions caused you any extra stress in life. I was honestly pretty ticked but regaurdless of weather my feelings were founded or not I hope the best for you either way. The thing I love about life is not always seeing eye to eye with somebody. The things that count for me is being man enough to notice when things have
gone too far and trying to make corrections.

I don't walk in your shoes nor do I know what it's like to be you so for me to think I know how you feel or what your motivations are is wrong. I will keep in mind here that while I don't hang onto or hold any hard feelings I know many people do and I understand if you have no responce.

Either way I wish you well and while I think you'd disagree you and I are I'm sure more a like then you'd even want to know. In part that's what made me back off. It dawned on me that it would be wrong for me to fault somebody for doing the things I would do. The refund is no big deal and I think you and I will just agree to disagree on things.

I hope you can find it in you to let go of whatever I'm sure still has you pissed at me and if you need anything let me know. I need to grow up a little so you're welcome to the domains I have. I've acctually gotten cash offers on them and I don't feel it would be right to make a dime from something so stupid so I'd rather give them to you then sell them to somebody else.

Good luck,
Adam Block
(520) 616-8811

PS If you have some time a talk on the phone may help us both out.
I just thought I'd point out that after all was said I decided to back down as it was going to be a losing situation for us both as well as the herp community.

Jeff, hasn't responded to me nor has he addressed the way he's treated webslave any anybody else. He may or may not feel a public responce is needed and that I don't know. That's his call, after all, it's his site right?

Adam Block

PS Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this thread!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!