Inquiry on Golden Serpents...aka Jewell Howard - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2002, 12:41 AM   #1
Sean Belanger
Inquiry on Golden Serpents...aka Jewell Howard

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Jewell Howard of Golden Serpents. She posted this ad on Kingsnake.com classifieds on December 11, 2002:

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=6&de=38690

Then I see Neil Gubitz post this ad on December 12, 2002:

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=6&de=39081

So Neil is selling the SAME snakes for $549 shipped while Jewell is selling them for $429 shipped. I am a bit confused since Jewell is selling the SAME snakes for $120 less. And the snakes supposedly belonged to a "J. MENDENHALL". A bit weird that the SAME snakes are being offered by two different sellers at different prices.

Old 12-13-2002, 07:41 AM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Sean.... It's not a difficult explanation??? Why don't you try just emailing me or Jewell and asking about it instead of putting it up here.... I guess you REALLY want to get on my GOOD SIDE, huh??? I'm NOT pleased!

Jewell Howard is my store's manager (The Snake Pit).... she got the snakes from Jim Mendenhaul to sell for him, seeing he's ill.... Jewell usually sells to her WHOLESALE customers through her OWN company called, Golden Serpent.... the $429 shipped is her WHOLESALE PRICE.... she must have forgotten to change it.... YES! There are times when we DO sell the same animals at the same time, but, NOT the same prices, she's wholesale (Golden Serpent), and I'm retail (The Snake Pit)....

Sean.... next time.... ASK ME FIRST! ok???

....Neil

Old 12-13-2002, 08:04 AM   #3
GOLDENSERPENT
Did I miss something?

Sean
You asked me why he was asking more and did I not answer you and say that he asked a higher price due to having a higher overhead and being retail.
Also who sets the rules on what you are allowed to charge? Is this Russia? Last time I checked it was a free Country based on a CAPITALIST society(which means that we are a society that survives on the selling of merchandise). If you dont like the price dont buy the animal...also if he lists an animal that I am trying to sell for a friend so that maybe it can be sold faster...is that yours or anyone elses business?
as long as the animal is healthy and as advertised...WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM???
Jewell

Old 12-13-2002, 08:26 AM   #4
GOLDENSERPENT
HERE IS THE ORIGINAL AD

By the way for anyone that wants to see the original I am copying it here for everyone to see, since I sold one already I had to change some things in the ad. Like the quantities and all.

I HAVE A BREEDING GROUP OF PURE GOINI KINGS FOR SALE. THESE SNAKES ARE IN MY POSSESSION AND THEY ARE BEING SOLD FOR J. MENDENHALL(MUST SELL DUE TO ILLNESS) THESE ARE NOT HYBRID SNAKES. THEY HAVE BRED AT LEAST TWICE BEFORE AND THROW SOME REALLY BEAUTIFUL BABIES.
GET THEM IN TIME TO BREED THEM THIS SPRING.
I WILL SELL THEM FOR ONLY 429.00 SHIPPING AND HANDLING INCLUDED. NO TRADES AT THIS TIME. I DO ACCEPT PAYPAL CREDIT CARDS AND POSTAL MONEY ORDERS IF THEY ARE SENT EXPRESS MAIL AND THE TRACKING NUMBER IS IMMEDIATELY SENT TO MY EMAIL FOR CONFIRMATION.
THERE ARE MORE PICTURES AVAILABLE BY EMAIL

You ALL will notice that I SAID THEY ARE BEING SOLD FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!
No cloak and dagger here.

Old 12-13-2002, 09:26 AM   #5
Rainbowboaman
Sean,
Good catch, We can't be too careful now a days & who wants to pay an extra $120 for someone else to broker the same snakes. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-13-2002, 10:28 AM   #6
Sean Belanger
Jewell. Being that I have never done business with you before and after doing a search here on the BOI, I just wanted to know what other people's experiences have been with you. And I felt it was reasonable that I explain why I was inquiring. Two ads for the same snakes. Two different prices. Two sellers. Think about this.

And Neil, I did email both you and Jewell first. It still doesn't tell me what other people's experiences with Jewell have been.

Old 12-13-2002, 10:32 AM   #7
GOLDENSERPENT
Chris
Tell me you have NEVER sold an animal for anyone else...
I have a friend that is ill and asked me to sell them for him
for example the goini king group. He wants me to pay him 375 for the group (if I sell one I have to pay for all three) I was only selling them for enough to pay shipping and handling and him for the animals.

Wanted to list the animals(an opportunity to make money in his retail establishment/ this is not a new concept) and has to pay me 400.00 for the snakes. So he (LIKE ALL RETAIL ESTABLISHMENTS) marked them up enough to sell them for a profit which would be about 50.00 after shipping /feeding/ paying me/ cost of advertising.
So where is the foul here tell me cause I dont see it.
Another thing is Sean YOU HAVE KNOW FOR ABOUT THREE MONTHS NOW THAT MY COMPANY MANAGES THE SNAKE PIT, you act like it is a big surprise. So I suppose that sometime we might advertise the same animals. Let me tell you why....Most people wont buy from someone they dont know, Alot of people dont know me so Neil(whom is well known) advertises SOME of the same animals that I do in order for me to get them sold(I am in business to sell them) so that he can make some money and I can as well.
IF business were not meant to make a profit they would call them a charity.
This is my opinion.

Old 12-13-2002, 11:38 AM   #8
Pennebaker
Ok then...
I have bought directly from Jewel and everything went very smoothly. We got two aussie water dragons that are doing very well for us and cute as can be.
The transaction was quick and easy. I think the animals were shipped within 24 hrs of our first contact. Packing was very professional--there were 3 heat packs! Communication was smooth and courteous.
Hope that helps : )
Dana
btw, I've also done business with Neil at the Snake Pit, and thumbs up there as well.

Old 12-13-2002, 01:00 PM   #9
Neil Gubitz
Sean.... just for the record, you KNOW Jewell is associated with The Snake Pit?? Do you really think I would let someone manage my store that wasn't as PROFESSIONAL as I am?? She (as I) have NEVER had a bad guy report on them, as far as animals and shipping goes....

....Neil

Old 12-13-2002, 02:58 PM   #10
Sean Belanger
Thanks for the info Neil.

And since the ad posted by Neil on Kingsnake.com is no longer there, I'll post it here in case anyone wants to read it.

Quote:
Posted by Neil Gubitz - The Snake Pit (Contact Me!) on December 12, 2002 at 13:00:45
Click on thumbnails to view fullsize in a new window

These kids are just stunning! They Male is about 5 feet long, the Females are about 3-4' and CAPTIVE BORN AND BRED! You will NOT find these any more (not this size, you won't!)! ESPECIALLY CBB!!
The Male has a FULL BLACK STRIPE all the way down his spine.... one of the Females has a very reduced pattern (almost hypo), the other Female is VERY GIRTHY! They are ALL PROVEN BREEDERS that throw BEAUTIFUL babies! Don't wait too long, they won't be here forever!
I WILL NOT SPLIT THEM!

They are being sold for....

ONLY $549 SHIPPED!....

I ship UPS Next Day Air!

Delta Dash is also available!

PAYPAL and POSTAL MO's (sent Next Day Air) are the ONLY forms of payment I accept!

It protects us BOTH!

E-mail me ANY questions!

Thanks for your time! ....Neil

Click on the link below for my ENTIRE PICTURED-PRICELIST!.... Enjoy!!
http://members.tripod.com/~JYNXI/inventory3.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!