Inquiry on Golden Serpents...aka Jewell Howard - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2002, 04:05 PM   #11
Neil Gubitz
Sean.... so what the hell is your problem??
What have WE ever done to you.... other than try to help you at every step of the way! You've asked me numerous questions, and I've answered every single one of them, including giving you our supplier's number so you could ask HIM questions?? This WILL BE THE LAST TIME I will ever try to help you!

And what's wrong with the ad??

You want to act like a child? I'll treat you like one!

....Neil

Old 12-13-2002, 06:38 PM   #12
Sean Belanger
Neil. I have no problem. But I am getting a strong feeling you do. Nothing is wrong with your ad. I simply posted links to it as it relates to my inquiry. But since both Jewell's and your original ads have been removed, and Jewell went ahead and posted hers, I felt yours should be posted as well.

Old 12-13-2002, 07:19 PM   #13
Neil Gubitz
Sean.... you started this, and I don't like it at all! You're insinuating, by your first post, that there is "something shady" going on, and you want to get to the bottom of it! You got a problem? EMAIL ME! EMAIL JEWELL! BE A MAN AND GET IN MY FACE, if that's what you want? But, you should have had no reason to post this here! After all the help Jewell and myself have tried to give you, and THIS is how we get repaid??.... I don't like MY NAME, OR JEWELL'S being muddied FOR NO REASON!
So you know.... Jewell SOLD one of the Females today, so her ad for the trio is of no use, now is it! Nor mine.... is it! But we will BOTH repost the SAME PAIR OF SNAKES again! I hope you don't mind?
We all have rights in this world, you have the right to say and do whatever you want, I have the right to refuse business AND HELP to whomever I want.... remember this the next time you need something!
Justify your actions here all you want, but, you can't UNRING a bell! This was totally uncalled for!

....Neil

Old 12-13-2002, 07:41 PM   #14
kim felts

what do we know? neil is a good guy..jewell is a good gal and prices do fluctuate depending on whom you buy from and how..
all done now..no biggie and end of thread right?
alls well that ends well.

hey what do you want..its friday the 13th.

Old 12-13-2002, 08:36 PM   #15
Rainbowboaman
Jewel,
Since you asked No I have never sold a snake for someone else. If I don't own the snake, I wouldn't put my reputation on the line for someone else. When more then one seller is involved who takes responsibility if you sell an animal for someone else & something bad happens like DOA, it's arrives sick or if it dies a day or two later. Who is the responsible party in that situation & if it wasn't discussed with the buyer before hand it can be passed back & forth between the actual owner & the party that made the sales transaction & where is the buyer left? What was your policy with the one that was sold & was any of that discussed? You took my post personal which it wasn't & you shouldn't feel any need to defend or explain yourself. I posted a thanks to Sean because he brought the heads up he brought up the price difference for the same snakes. Isn't the purpose of this board to give helpful information (good or bad) about buyers & sellers & warn about anything that doesn't sound right like two different ads with same snakes for different prices? Well, that's just what Sean was doing.Your right it's everyone's given right to sell at any price but that doesn't give anyone the right to jump on Sean about this. Just recently someone on the classified here did the same thing about two ads from two different people with same animals & everyone was happy about the heads upbecause they could of gotten taken, why should this same situation be different? because it's you & Neil? This whole situation could have probably been avoided had some better planning between the posting parties taken place & not posting your ads so close to each other in time & at same place.

Old 12-13-2002, 08:57 PM   #16
Neil Gubitz
Chris.... your statement...

....why should this same situation be different? because it's you & Neil?....

With ALL modesty aside.... YOU'RE DAMNED RIGHT!....

There is NOTHING that either Jewell or I would do that was illegal or underhanded.... and, your scenario about what would happen if the snake died in transit?? That's REAL EASY!! I SENT IT OUT, IF IT DIES, IT'S *MY* RESPONSIBILITY!! I would pay the owner for it in FULL!.... I took control of the animal, I am responsible for the safety of that animal.... if you can't see that, what does that say about YOUR ethics???

If someone doesn't have the guts to come straight to the person they are having a problem with, or question about, FIRST.... what do you THINK the reaction is going to be.... ESPECIALLY FROM ME??? I take this VERY PERSONALLY!

....Neil

Old 12-13-2002, 09:02 PM   #17
GOLDENSERPENT
My policies on animals

Chris
First off my policies on animals are three days to live,with very few exceptions.
1. they killed it by injury or not picking the animal up when notified.
2. I dont guarantee chameleons except for live arrival and amphibians are the same.
3. I definately know the people I sell for and trust them as I mostly broker for a living, I check the animals personally before shipping and selling them so it was just like I purchased them to sell.
You probably breed all one species you sell and do this for a hobby. I on the other hand do this for a living and yes when someone insinuates that I am doing something illegal or underhanded I do get offended wouldnt you?
We do post in our ads most of the time that we are selling for someone else like in mine I said that the snakes belonged to J mendenhall. Nothing sneaky there.
Neil and I do not always sell the same animals online and when we list the same ones they are usually mine or in my care

If I sell it I am responsible...IF Neil sells it he is resposible, period.
I dont think I am above the law and I am also not breaking it
I have my own licenses and have been in the reptile business since 1988 when I worked for Tom Crutchfield in Ft Myers
and in 1990 started my own business and have done it on my own since then and have made an HONEST living at it.
Neil has had the PIT for 5 years and conducts his business in a
very professional manner...although his mouth outruns him on occassion...had to get that in there.
Any way There are no complaints on me and on the RARE occasion I do have a doa(following verification and return of the body)they get fair compensation (depending on the situation usually another animal or a credit or in some cases a refund.)
Jewell

Old 12-13-2002, 09:09 PM   #18
Neil Gubitz
YOU GO GIRL!!!.... lol

....Neil

Old 12-13-2002, 09:36 PM   #19
Rainbowboaman
Jewel,
Is the Crutchfield you worked for the one who keeps sending me those Audio Catologs or this one? If the second WOW what a mentor & maybe in the future you might not want to brag about that.

ENRD
APRIL 16, 1999
(202) 514-2007
WWW.USDOJ.GOV
TDD (202) 514-1888
REPTILE SMUGGLER SENTENCED FOR TRAFFICKING IN RARE SPECIES

Undercover Operation Aims To Shut Down Black Market

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- In an ongoing crackdown on the trafficking of endangered species, Tommy Edward Crutchfield of Florida will serve 30 months in prison for his role in smuggling rare reptiles from Madagascar into the United States, the Justice Department and the U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida announced today.

Tommy Crutchfield was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Orlando. He pleaded guilty in January, 1999, to seven felony counts of conspiracy, smuggling and violating the Lacey Act, a federal wildlife statute. At the time of his plea, Crutchfield already was on supervised release and had served a prison sentence for smuggling endangered Fiji Island Iguanas into the United States in 1995. His illegal activity was uncovered by U.S. Fish and Wildlife agents as part of Operation Chameleon, a five-year effort to stop the smuggling of rare species into the United States in violation of federal law and international treaty.

"Trafficking in rare species threatens our environment," said Lois Schiffer, Assistant Attorney General for Environment and Natural Resources. "Let the message be clear: We will take whatever steps are necessary here and abroad to stop the black market."

Crutchfield, the former owner of Tom Crutchfield's Reptile Enterprises in Lake Panasoffkee, FL, also was sentenced to three years of supervised release, during which time he is prohibited from engaging in the wildlife trade. Crutchfield admitted to smuggling more than 200 reptiles into the United States. The species included the Madagascar Tree Boa and the Madagascar Ground Boa, both of which are protected by the an international treaty known as CITES, or the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora. Many of these animals were illegally brought into the United States as part of an ongoing conspiracy between Crutchfield and two German nationals, Wolfgang Kloe and Frank Lehmeyer, who smuggled the reptiles out of Madagascar.

In addition, Crutchfield admitted in January, 1999, that he had bought smuggle exotic turtles from a Japanese national, Kei Tomono, in 1996. Both Kloe and Tomono have been sentenced to prison terms for their roles in the smuggling conspiracy, while Lehmeyer remains at large. A reward may be available for information leading to Lehmeyer's arrest and conviction.

Crutchfield was considered one of the largest reptile importers in the United States before he fled to Belize in 1997, after the Justice Department notified him that he was under investigation. Last August, he was expelled from Belize and arrested by federal authorities in Miami as he returned to the United States.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service runs Operation Chameleon with cooperation from authorities in Florida, Virginia, Canada, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, South Africa, Belize and Japan.

###

99-140

Old 12-13-2002, 10:24 PM   #20
GOLDENSERPENT
What part of honest living did you not understand

Chris
ARE YOU STUPID or something???
Because I CLEARLY said this
Quote:
I have my own licenses and have been in the reptile business since 1988 when I worked for Tom Crutchfield in Ft Myers
and then that I had my own business (I WAS HIS COMPETITION) from 1990 till he dropped out for obvious reasons.

So what you are saying here is that because a boss that I had in the past was arrested for smuggling I am guilty of the same things. I DID NOT WORK FOR THE MAN FOR 10 YEARS till he was arrested.
Another thing is I did not say he was MY mentor I said I worked for him and learned alot of things from (MOSTLY ERIC THISS AND CHRIS MCQUADE OF GULF COAST REPTILES WHO ALSO WORKED FOR HIM AT THE TIME) from them mostly on how to care for the reptiles and safe handling of crocodilians and venomous species, which by the way I have never been hurt by due to their excellent tutelage/ I was a cage cleaner there and the only reason I brought it up was to prove to you that I have more than a little bit of experience in this business.
So I guess anyone who had any dealing with him is guilty of what ever he did. I REPEAT FOR THOSE WHO ARE HARD OF HEAD
I WAS ALREADY OWNING MY OWN BUSINESS FOR about 10 years and I had NO/ NIL/NADA contact with him this entire time and still do not have any with him.
If you are making some sort of accusation I suggest that you make it and prove it right now.
This is totally uncalled for and rediculous...the person that started this whole thing did it because he could not play me against neil to get a better deal. and has infact emailed me TODAY to try and get the snake that started this whole thing.
HE must have been really concerned about me ripping someone off.
Jewell
By the way ...who did you learn from or do you just naturally know everything about reptiles?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!