Inquiry on Golden Serpents...aka Jewell Howard - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2002, 09:50 PM   #51
Sean Belanger
Quote:
AND SEAN..
YOUR RIGHT I DID EMAIL THE NUMBER BUT YOU DID CALL ME AND I WOULD NOT GIVE IT TO YOU UNTIL I GOT PERMISSION..
Jewell. Like I said before. I have NEVER called you. I have only corresponded with you through emails.

Old 12-14-2002, 09:56 PM   #52
GOLDENSERPENT
SEAN

SEAN
CHECK YOUR NOVEMBER PHONE BILL...YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED THAT YOU FORGOT...KINDA LIKE YOU FORGOT THAT ME AND NEIL
SOMETIMES HAD THE SAME ANIMALS AND THAT I MANAGED HIS SHOP
YOUR MEMORY IS AS BAD AS NEILS.
ANYWAY I REALLY DONT THINK THAT MR BARR WOULD APPRECIATE YOU POSTING HIS PRIVATE PHONE NUMBER UP HERE FOR EVERY ONE TO SEE WITHOUT PERMISSION
THAT IS VERY RUDE AND UNTHOUGHTFUL

Old 12-14-2002, 10:13 PM   #53
Sean Belanger
Quote:
SEAN
CHECK YOUR NOVEMBER PHONE BILL...YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED THAT YOU FORGOT...
Tell you what...tell me the exact date I supposedly called you. I have my phone bill in front of me and your phone number is NOT on it.

And, how could I have called you in November when you didn't send me your phone number until Dec 12th?

Quote:
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:18:34 -0800 (PST)
From: "j howard" <bengalensis@yahoo.com> | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: Message about: 1.2 CBB ADULT PROVEN BREEDING GROUP GOINI KINGS PICTURES!
To: "Sean B" <sblude02@yahoo.com>

Sean yes you can pick her up. What day will you be down here?

I will not be at the pit sunday but will be at Mr Mendenhalls helping with surgery on a carpet python.

But you are welcome to call me on my cell phone (352-XXX-XXXX) when you get close to ocala.

Cash is fine.

Jewell
My mistake on posting Andy Barr's phone number. I apologize for that.

Old 12-14-2002, 10:18 PM   #54
Dwight Good
<i>BUT DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT SOMEONE SAYING SOMETHING BAD ABOUT YOU EVEN IF IT IS AN INFERENCE?
YOU IMMEDIATELY GET DEFENSIVE. </i>

You call that defensive?? Maybe you missed my 'LOL'... I was mostly amused by your comments. Any defensiveness in my posts were probably due to the fact that I resent an innocent poster getting raked through the coals for no reason. Let's say this <b>WAS</b> all a master plan of Sean's to discredit you or Neil. All you had to do was let your loyal customers speak up for your ethics and poof this thread would have eventually died a horrible death. No need to jump on the forum and go off on a potential customer! (even if you didn't want his business) Siskel and Ebert <u>would</u> have given you both four thumbs down!!

I really don't care to keep this 'tit for tat' game up any longer. Hopefully the good readers of this forum will make their own calls as to who gets their business. The way you and Neil have handled yourselves in this situation has told me all that I need to know.

TTFN!!

Dwight Good
----------------------------
This post should be considered pure unadulterated dung as recommended by four out of five compost afficionados. Thanks for taking a sniff.

Old 12-14-2002, 10:22 PM   #55
Rainbowboaman
Jewell,
Im amazed how many times you can shoot yourself in the foot & still be able to walk.

Old 12-14-2002, 11:23 PM   #56
JasonBrennan
I have only one question, and it is directed at Dwight.

What does TTFN mean?? Just curious, never saw that one before.

Jason Brennan

Old 12-14-2002, 11:31 PM   #57
Rob @ RK Reptiles
T a

T a

F or

N ow

Old 12-14-2002, 11:56 PM   #58
JasonBrennan
Ah, I see. Thanks Rob.

Jason Brennan

Old 12-15-2002, 09:58 AM   #59
Seamus Haley
Quote:
I was referring to the folks that jumped to your (and Neil's) defense over this simple inquiry that opened the gates of hell.
Quote:
All you had to do was let your loyal customers speak up for your ethics and poof this thread would have eventually died a horrible death.
Is it just me or are those statements somewhat contradictory Dwight?

You pretty much flat out state that anyone who deffended Neil or Jewell's ethics was a "clique" and then a few posts later, state that all they should have done was allow people to come onto the board to deffend their ethics...

I know it was on a seperate page of the thread but they do both come up when you write a response (or at least did for me and my post is several behind yours) so you really have no reason to say such contradictory things and pretty much blowing whatever valid points there were to your argument.

I think that, outside of myself, everyone who posted in Neil and Jewells deffense has actually done buisness with them. While I haven't sent them money, I have talked to Neil via e-mail about a few potential purchases, even knowing his dislike for window shoppers because I don't have PayPal, I have seen the way they both conduct themselves on this board and I have seen pictures of Neil's animals... Further I have seen the support that they both get from a great number of people who I have nothing but the utmost respect for. I've read and seen and heard dozens, perhaps even hundreds of supportive comments for the Snake Pit and everyone associated with it, if my post stating essentially the same thing as your second quote there was somehow the result of a BOI Cult (I thought we were supposed to be worshiping Ritchie, but I figured I'd skip that for now and just recant on my death bed allowing me into BOI Heaven) then so be it I guess.

I've asked this a few times before on threads where that phrase has come up and I'll ask it again here for you...

Is it impossible that there are just a number of people who share the same ideals, morals and to some degree, viewpoints?

What about that concept seems so foreign to you? That people may all look, independantly and with the greatest amount of objectivity possible while still remaining human, at the same situation and come to the same or similar conclusions... Why do so many people seem to think that it's the result of something else? By your seeming logic, nobody could ever be convicted of a crime in court unless the entire Jury were made up of the victim's best friends, your assertations that there is anything outside of a mutually compatable viewpoint and perhaps some buisness dealings connecting the majority of posters on this board is ludicrous.

You disagree that there was anything overtly nasty or vindictive sounding about the initial post, that's fine, you are, as everyone is, entitled to your own opinion and the ability to voice it. Many people seem to have read just as much as Jewell and Neil did based on the manner that the post was worded, especially after it has come to light that Sean already knew and had spoken to Jewell over an extended period of time.

There is an enormous emotional insinuation that there is something immoral going on based on their both posting the same snakes each for their own prices. There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever, it doesn't happen as commonly with reptiles but take, for instance, large mammals; frequently brokered and frequently the same animal may be on the lists of multiple individuals. Each og those individuals has the price they must pay for the animal and then they add whatever they feel they should make as a profit ontop of that. Some may have the same price, most probably won't, each seeing a slightly different value to their own efforts to getting it sold or their own overhead for the selling. Such is the exact case with Neil and Jewell, she analyzed the situation and decided that she didn't really need an enormous (or virtually any) profit off the potential sale, Neil decided that he may as well make a few bucks because, as I'm sure anyone who has ever owned or done the books for a retail pet shop knows, the overhead is enormous and the profit margin extremely thin. There is nothing immoral about either of their descisions whatsoever, in my opinion of course... They really didn't respond all that badly either, for Neil, the random function of his caps lock key is old news and for Jewell... well, it really did read as if he suspected she was a crook, if that isn't justification for being a bit upset, I'm not too sure what is. It isn't as if she threatened to meet him at a show because she's an eleven foot tall gamma irradiated scientist constantly getting into fights with the US military and patching up her purple pants after she gets irritated, she reacted fairly well considering. The further posts of people stating they wouldn't do buisness with her were loaded with barbs and insults and petty wisecracks which is, again, pretty reasonable justification for being a bit annoyed.

I'm not the only one who has said this on this thread... the wording of the initial inquirey seemed loaded with a number of insinuations, people can easily say something without actually saying it just by altering their wording. What I personally got out of the initial post was that Sean had never so much as hear of Golden Serpents, had no idea who she was, thought she might be upo to something immoral or illegal because of the identical ads and wanted someone to come forth with experiences, probably hoping for some negative ones... Now, it turned out that he's had a fairly good amount of communication with both Jewell and Neil although now there is contention over a phone call... but that clearly shows that he wasn't oblivious to her existance and, based off the wording... Yes, it does SEEM as if there had to be some motive to post that using the wording and giving the impressions that he did.

I suppose it's possible that I just read too much into the way the initial post was phrased but if I did, I'm certainly not the only one, many others have echoed those sentiments and, if it really was entirely innocent, I do feel that he should apologize for the impression that was given, inadvertant or not.

Old 12-15-2002, 10:46 AM   #60
Neil Gubitz
Seamus.... this statement of yours....

....I have talked to Neil via e-mail about a few potential purchases, even knowing his dislike for window shoppers because I don't have PayPal....

IS OLD NEWS!! After all our private conversations and emails, I would trust you with anything! If you EVER see anything I have that you might want... all I would require is for you to tell me you're sending me a PERSONAL CHECK, and the animal would go out THE NEXT DAY.... BEFORE I GOT YOUR CHECK! That's how I treat friends!! Comprende Compadre??

And YES! I think Sean owes Jewell AND myself an apology.... BIG TIME!

....Neil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!