Having trouble with Kingsnake.com Help Please!! Sorry, kind of long - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-21-2002, 10:58 AM   #91
HerpVenue
Quote:
ummm....you did make sure it wasn't a typo the first time that you logged on, right?
I have windows set to log me on automatically.
That did not work, so I pulled out the secret notebook and typed in the stuff....that did not work.
So I pulled out the secret word document and copied and pasted the stuff... That did not work.

I am gonna copy and paste his TOS into my files before he changes them AGAIN.

But I wont say anymore. All I am gonna say is I need to be a better card player. I need to quit dropping him hints and just hold on to my cards.

Like I said before....it is his site. He can do what he wants to it.
As far as paying customers......he can do what he wants to them if they break his TOS. But when he decides to ban them because of some hair stuck up his @ss...that is a different story. Banning someone because of a hair stuck up your @ss is wrong.

I mean....look at it this way. When it comes to Jesse Underhill...I have a hair stuck up my @s about him. But I never tried to convince webslave to ban him.
1. It would be wrong for me to do.
2. It will be no fum without him.

Old 12-21-2002, 01:20 PM   #92
Lucy Howard
Thumbs down

I shouldn't even post, but something about all this just ruffles my feathers....maybe its because i hate dictatorships...
I'm not even going to get into what Adam did..he is something else.....and the way he brushes aside what he OWES to other people as being his own and their business....but then crying about Jeff keeping his money for more then a day now....Well, if he thinks THATS theft, what he does is no better, actually worse, since he owed it for so long now, and doesn't even think its important enough to dwell on it, or to have it mentioned at all.
Sorry , but thats POT--KETTLE--BLACK.
However what happend to Rich and Ritchie...or anyone who might have something less then complimentary to say about Jeff Barringer......that is just so wrong.
I totally agree that what Jeff does with HIS website is HIS business....HOWEVER once he accepts money for services (classifieds) he is bound by more then his own TOS, i would think...
There are laws that protect CONSUMERS, CUSTOMERS.
Ritchie paid for a classified account. He did NOT violate the TOS of kingsnake. He only voiced his OPINION about Jeffs business practices....and got his account canceled, as it seems.
No warning, no explanation.
Again, Ritchie PAID for that there account, right???
Is there a paragraph in Jeffs TOS that says...: "You better not criticize me or voice your concerns and opinions, or i will kick your account to hell..."
I worked in customer service, and there were many a customer who mouthed off and i would have gladly kicked them in the rear end and told them to go to hell....however in the REAL WORLD you are bound by regulations and laws....and if a customer PAYS for a product / service, then you CANNOT just flip them off, because you don't like what they have to say.
But appearentely some people think they can. And more people will be afraid to voice their opinion about what happend here to Rich and Ritchie for fear they too, will get their account yanked, without so much as a warning.
I love kingsnake.com......but you know why? Because of the PEOPLE there, that come to the forums and share pics and info, because of the PEOPLE that PAY to advertise their snakes, so i can look at them and purchase some.
When it comes right down to it........as a business you are NOTHING without your customers. And if there was another place to go to, to confer with other herp enthusiasts and read their info/look at their pics...i'll go there...and thankfully there are many such places cropping up.
Maybe/hopefully this is just a mistake/miscommunication and Jeff hasn't actually resorted to this kind of behaviour. He has done a lot for the herp community and i would hate for things like that to spoil it.

Old 12-21-2002, 02:13 PM   #93
Adam Block
Here is another Jeff quote that sums things up fairly well:

Quote:
If you have a problem with me or my sites you should
have the guts to put your email address on your posts.
Riiiiiight, he left off the end of that. So I can delete your account and cause your business as much harm as possible.

In this Country, you can't do whatever you want just because it's your business. What Jeff is doing is very wrong; he's affecting peoples businesses, income and livelihood, causing hardships and money troubles because you rub him wrong.

You're right, if he wants to run his business how he wants by charging a lot, making you use a blue font, having all out user names start with a J or something like that he has free rein. If on the other hand he wants to affect our incomes and cause us harm then he can't run his site the way he wants.

So far Jeff has caused me financial harm, as I can't sell my items on other sites. I just won't give in because he can't legally affect people lives like that at will over small issues.

Jeff has not competition when calculating things on hits. He is the only way to move products and now he's even trying to strong arm Rich.

You all don't see an issue with what he's doing to Rich? I honestly can't believe there is anybody defending Jeff and these tactics! We live in a Country founded on free speech and trade, you should fully allow that.

Ritchie, I have the HTML from his TOS and a few others of his pages for the parody site I'll be launching. You're going to love this!

Thanks all,
Adam Block

PS Remember, a refund of my $54 is no longer okay, Jeff needs to see he's accountable for the accounts he deletes so I will stop at nothing short of my account back.

PPS Hey, I have A GREAT idea for all you folks deffending Jeff. Why don't you talk him into promissing not to delete or harm anybodies account who speaks out about him or tell their story of how he treaded them. Then we'll see what happens when the truth gets out! Of course it would take one hell of a man to do somehting like that, but it would be nice to know what would come out if Jeff wasn't scaring everybody into silence.

Old 12-21-2002, 03:06 PM   #94
Adam Block
I just got this quote in email, I would like to let you all know, just because the masses are saying jeff is right doesn't mean he is, and I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Quote:
Just because it may be a majority, doesn't mean they are right.
Adam Block

Old 12-21-2002, 05:52 PM   #95
HerpVenue
to those who were banned from the classifieds....and to those whose accounts were expired.
What error code are you getting? is this it?

"Error: Sorry, username not found in Database"

trying to figure it out since no one at KS has responded to my form submissions yet.

Also to those who were banned. Did he contact you and let you know you were banned.
To those whose accounts expired...where you sent some kind of reminder notice? ...because I do not have one yet.

Just trying to figure out what is going on.

Old 12-21-2002, 09:26 PM   #96
HerpVenue
okay....

Quote:
Reply-To: jeffb@pethobbyist.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.1) Gecko/20020826
X-Accept-Language: en,fr
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: Ritchie@RitchieReptiles.com
Subject: [Fwd: Fw: Message to kingsnake.com Site Coordinator from Ritchie@RitchieReptiles.com]
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I am showing that the classified account
under the username RitchieReptiles is
active and valid until 2/9/03

I am showing no bans under this username.
I know that we were working on our dbase
on and off all day and it has been offline
for several periods of time. Perhaps that
accounts for your inability to log in.

I know when I jump to conclusions..
I know when I am wrong.
I hereby publicly and humbly apologize for doing so.

Old 12-21-2002, 09:40 PM   #97
Adam Block
Ritchie, you are one hell of a CASE!!! First, you don't look into this **** with Jeff and you're emailing me with things like:

Quote:
did you get my e-mail with the link to his service provider?
We can complain to them.....
But we do have to give him time to refund our money.

What does your screen say when you try to log on to the classifieds? I am wondering If I am really banned or if this was just a fluke. I am betting on the former instead of the latter.

The guy who received spam mail....I am trying to get him to complain about kingsnake.

Because if enough people complain....Jeff can lose his site.
Unfortunately..if he loses his site... He takes a lot of other poeples websites with him.. You know, the ones he is hosting.
And:

Quote:
Isn't it obvious..
You are looking to make a parody of his site.
I on the other hand...just want his site gone.
That is fine if you do not want to complain to his service provider.
I will, however, do whatever I can. Just watch your back because the guy likes to threaten lawsuits a lot.

Like I said before... He can ban whoever he wants if those people break his TOS

But when he bans a paying customer just because he does not like them.........................that is a different story.

I am curently in contact with other sites..... Trying to help them compete. Since I do not have the money to make the site myself.... I figure I can just donate my time to make other sites better. I have already deleted kingsnakes links from my links page. I have also deleted kingsnake classified links from my classified page. It is obvious he has his moderators talking up a storm on other sites. They are doing whatever they can to belittle fauna. Why? competition. Right now fauna is probably their biggest competition.
First you wanna work against me. Then you think Jeff wronged you and you wanna work with me? Make up your mind buddy. I don't buy it that you can feel that strong about Jeff that you want to shut him down and then go right back to brown nosing.

Very fishy in my eyes,
Adam Block

Old 12-21-2002, 10:11 PM   #98
HerpVenue
Quote:
First you wanna work against me. Then you think Jeff wronged you and you wanna work with me? Make up your mind buddy. I don't buy it that you can feel that strong about Jeff that you want to shut him down and then go right back to brown nosing.
Did I work against you?
Or was I simply trying to convince you that whining won't amount to much. Haven't you been reading...people have been telling you to work the system.

And here I was thinking you were actually smart.

Old 12-21-2002, 10:40 PM   #99
Adam Block
Well, that was your first mistake Ritchie! Smart, me? Heck I'm a fairly stupid fellow for the most part. Ask my wife and I'm flat out stupid! Shucks, I didn't even make it past the 6th grade.

Sorry I was so stupid, I guess you'll be banned for sure now!!

Adam Block

Old 12-22-2002, 12:52 AM   #100
Seamus Haley
Adam, I'm not entirely certain why you felt a need to post all that, it seemed to be somewhat useless and actually damaging to your own position...

I don't really see where Ritchie ever said he disagreed with a few of the major points that have been brought up in the two currently running Kingsnake threads... Both stress that Jeff on occasion seems to be somewhat negligent in the enforcement of his TOS and in others overly strict because of his personal emotions surrounding this situation. Everyone acknowledges that this is human but they also reccognize that it's bad for Jeff, bad for Jeff's customers and bad for the industry.

The basic points Ritchie seemed to make... and Rithcie, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... Are basically compliant with yours in terms of his views about some of the situations. I don't think anyone would object if Jeff took a more even hand in the application of his rules and it seems that there isn't sufficient pressure for him... or sufficient understanding of the ultimate consequences of his actions at the moment to get that done merely by asking.

The methods you choose Adam, they're inflamatory, they're extreme... you feel a need to make personal attacks because an individual is displaying something other than ideal and unbiased business practices. Most people who agree with you won't ally themselves with you... won't want you to represent them or speak for them because of the manner in which you approach the situation. I told you that myself via e-mail just this morning in fact.

Using legitimate and less agressive or outrageous methods will be more successful long term and are the only viable solution to accomplishing the goal of getting even and unbiased treatment on kingsnake and the general protection of the industry as a whole (not using Reptile ban supporters as moderators, not linking his website to borderline beastiality news stories, etc.).

Education is the key Adam, even speaking, honest complaints or arguments used in a logical manner to show people the validity of your thoughts. This is why the language used by many others who agree with your basic points and thoughts are hesitant to agree with you in public, you're a hand grenade without a pin and nobody wants to get hit with the schrapnel if you end up going off.

You're a smart guy... I spoke with you on the phone once and found that our thoughts on many issues were nearly identical... you do need to learn that sometimes a gentle nudge is more useful than a punch in the head.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!