Having trouble with Kingsnake.com Help Please!! Sorry, kind of long - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-19-2002, 04:44 AM   #51
thomas davis
WOW

well adam it is not right but the fact is jeff can do what he did,ive met the man didnt care to much for him and ive had battles in the past on forums so i dont particuly care for ks,,,, but he has every right to ban you and im sure you will get your refund from him (maybe an a$$ but i dont think he's a theif),,as far as the kssux.com hahahaha go for it i guess lots of folks would get a kick out of it,i would,, and as far as your concerns on free trade?wow?,,grandpa used to say the value of something is WHATEVER someone is willing to pay for it,,bottom line free enterprize amigo free enterprize its what our economy is based on,,,,,peace-on,,,,,,and btw neil if ya read this geez be a man the way you suckup & defend ks and jeff barringer is truly pathetic"brownnose" ,,,,,,, totally agree w/you fred awsome post,,,and finally THIS is the site to be at heck i rarely go to ks since finding this place ,,,,,,merry christmas all(you to neil),,, thomas davis T&S reptile farm

Old 12-19-2002, 06:03 AM   #52
DISCERN
Adam,

I do see your points and although the loss of $54 does suck, Jeff simply put down the rules on the TOS, and perhaps he was not happy with other ads you posted. Was this the last batch of ads you have posted lately?

I really like Kingsnake.com. It has helped me to meet people in this hobby, contact breeders from all over the US, and the info on the forums and the ads on the classifieds, well...my hobby has been for the better because of it.

I thought your website was cool, and it did seem like you had a good heart in promoting the care of reptiles, but it seems like you spend too much time whizzing out over things, and what people think of you.

The thought of launching some immature site called Kingsnakesucks.com is completely laughable. Adam, grow the freak up! Seriously! Is your life that boring as for you to waste your time trying to give a site that you had a squabble over a bad name?

Don't you have reptiles that would benefit from proper husbandry in the time wasted doing that website? How about using that time constructively and spend it with your wife and kid(s)? Do you understand what I am getting at?

Bro, you know that in your attempt to try to discredit kingsnake, you are actually contributing more horse manure to this beautiful hobby? They didn't rob your house, they didn't shoot your dog or your mom, they didn't get you fired from your job, they just cancelled a $54 account. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Their are much more important things in this world to get mad about. People are starving, homes get ripped apart by tornadoes, wives suffer from spousal abuse, children are abused, and terrorists are threatening our peace and quality of life. BUT, Adam Block had his ads deleted after violating the TOS rules. See how pathetic the comparison is?

I do think you have some good energy and talent, with your snake breedings and all. Really, I do. Your webpage was very cool and I enjoyed reading it. I just wish that you would care enough more about your time with what is really important vs. what is meaningless. Setting up a website to combat kingsnake is the dumbest thing or idea I have read about on this thread. I say this not to rip on you personally, but to bring some coffee for you to smell and wake up to reality.

Adam, seriously!

Take care!

Billy Fraser

Old 12-19-2002, 11:30 AM   #53
WebSlave
Quote:
I'm so sick of "how much", "what's the cheapest", "I'll take it" and all the other STUPID emails! I can't tell you how happy I am to be done with them!
Adam,

You would be amazed at how handy the filters are in most email readers. I have set mine to filter out ANY email that has the words 'cheap' or 'free' in it. Amazing how much of the garbage that will weed out! I have no desire to do business with anyone looking for, or offering, anything that uses those two words as descriptors.

Old 12-19-2002, 01:07 PM   #54
Adam Block
You're right Rich, I have mine set to kick out anything with attachments but I should have put more in place. Is that why all the emails I send you asking if I can have your cheap snakes for free don't get replys?

Okay, well, I'm not going to address all this stuff again. I see you guys are like me and don't read all the posts, only the last one.

Free trade is fine but the Country is founded on free of speach and it was there the trouble lay. It is Jeff's site but HE DIDN'T KICK ME OFF FOR VOILATING TOS!!! I was only giving out the information and I was kicked off because Jeff wasn't going to let me question why as that would have shown his true colors.

I've been placing ads, the same ads for 3 years on KS and they NEVER got touched. Then I draw some attention to myself and he finds a reason to delete all my ads, when asked about it he kicks me off.

Yawn, well I just woke up. I have NOTHING better to do today but fixed my car as I'm basicly retired for the next 3 months. So I guess the toughest part of the day's going to be if I drive into the desert and shoot 500 7.62x39 rounds or if I take the .223 and let 500 of those go?

As you can see, life is tough when you're not working and have nothing but time to focus on your friends or enemys!

Thanks guys,
Adam Block

PS I'll work on KSS.COM tonight, if you have a story you would like me to add email it to me and I'll be more then happy to protect your name.

Old 12-19-2002, 06:33 PM   #55
WebSlave
Arrow Damn, Adam!

Now look what you have done.

I just got off the phone with Jeff Barringer. Guess what he wanted to talk to me about?

Pretty tough question, huh?

His closing comment to me was something in the order of "Since you will not remove Adam Block's postings from your website, any mention of the BOI on KINGSNAKE.COM will be banned."

(Heck, I thought it already was!)

Excuse me if I cut out all of the details of the conversation.

Whoowee! I narrowly missed being targeted in a BOISucks.com site being set up overnight!

Old 12-19-2002, 06:52 PM   #56
HerpVenue
Quote:
Since you will not remove Adam Block's postings from your website
I am all for Jeff taking care of his site...
I am all for Jeff doing whatever he wants to people on his website.
But to call you and ask you to delete a thread that does not violate any rules is pretty PHUCKING Pathetic.

I mean what is wrong with this thread?
What rules does it break?
Does it tell lies?
or
Does it tell of someones personal experience with his site?

Gee Jeff...you do not want Adam to post about your site on the BOI
BUT
You sure do want people to post about "other" sites on the BOI

You do not want to see the name kingsnake on the BOI...
BUT
You sure do not have problems trying to get people to post about other companies do ya?
know what I mean?

Old 12-19-2002, 07:26 PM   #57
thomas davis
wow

wow rich thats pretty funny jeff would actually want you to delete this thread then threaten you w/thBOI being banned on his site ,after allready doing just that?months ago?,,man he really showed some "true colors" there,,i mean there is nothing wrong w/this thread? and adam he kicked you off his site (jeff b.) because he wanted to,,, youve stated that over&over again that it wasnt about the TOS thing,may not be right BUT he has every right to do so its not fair but neither is life accept it and move on,let kingsnake.com dig its own grave,,faunaclassifieds.com is the one!!! ,,peace on,,,,merry christmas everyone!! !!,,,thomas davis T&S reptile farm

Old 12-19-2002, 09:50 PM   #58
Adam Block
That is just another case of Jeff trying to play god and not admitting his wrong doings. He will go to great lenghts to try to hide and cover his actions and has read this but will neither say anything in public, call me, refund my money or admit any other wrong doing. He will just keep banning people from his site and putting up restrictions until one day it dawns on him that it's been his downfall and he has more people against him then on his side.

I'm fine with Jeff deleting my account. I have no issue with that at all as I knew he would do it. I've spent 3 years walking a fine line and bitting my toung because many people know if they disagree with him he will delete your accout. For many kingsnake is a lifeline and the only way to sell items. Jeff knows this and loves playing god.

If you would like to read our full email exchange you can now do so at KINGSNAKESUCKS.COM! I'm on the edge right now of popping the funds for banners or not and I will decide that in the next two days based on the information I'm able to get up and if I see my refund or not.

Jeff, the 1st amendment may not apply on your site but this is the real world. If you want to run your snake business like a snake be a man and deal with people not liking you. You can call me a King or an A$$hole and I'll treat you the same. I'll give you more respect if you call me an A$$hole but the treatment won't change.

I've gotten about 15 emails along the same lines as my concern with Jeff. I'm working on getting some of them up on the site now so if you have anything to add please let me know. I'm waiting for submission to the search engines till things are done.

Thanks a lot,
Adam Block

Old 12-19-2002, 10:06 PM   #59
dwedeking
Adam,

I just went to your site. I read the emails back and forth. From the beginning you were just begging to get kicked off by pushing his buttons. I put forth the theory that you instigated this as an attention-getter (gee, suprise there, as this is your standard mode of operation) and your game plan from the beginning.

Your definitely a PITA.

Kingsnake definitely has it's faults and you have to toe the line. That's just real world (ever meet cops in a small town, man what a pain in the butt, nothing to do so they bust your balls about little crap). But you went out of your way to instigate a brawl.

Old 12-19-2002, 10:15 PM   #60
ScottsReptiles
I just read your email exchange and conducted a little research of my own.. and.. I must admit.. your level of ignorance and stupidity just blows me away. Were you the kid in the class that no matter how many times the teacher said no.. you kept doing it until you got a detention?

Lets see if I can sum up all of your warnings..

1)On Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 11:17 PM
- 4 ads have been warned with explanations of what was wrong and the next few steps in the process if the problem was not fixed

2)On Wednesday, December 18, 2002 at 12:15 AM
- a second day warning allowing you to still correct the problem

3)On Wednesday, December 18, 2002 at 12:42 AM
- you were finally booted.

Now.. the TOS clearly states that "You may NOT post advertisments for other businesses or individuals" in the TOS it also states "...that account will be IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED ". Following the rules stated on the TOS, you should not have been given a second chance.

This second chance was given as a courtesy to you. Your reply was "I'm going to repost the ad selling "a list" with the information" and "...I'll figure out another way to word it or sell it."

In your wholesale list in question.. I see direct links to 11 other businesses.

Also in the TOS.. "Being Abusive/Belligerent/Argumentative to Staff - All of the services we provide, whether its classifieds or forums, we provide as a service, and grant you the privilege to use them. If you violate that privilege, either knowingly unknowingly, we may contact you and ask you to stop. If you persist or become abusive, belligerent, argumentative with an employee, we have the right and the ability to revoke your classified and other site privileges and cancel your services."

Now.. I only took a few law courses in college.. but.. in what ways did Jeff or Kingsnake.com do you wrong?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!