Snakeagater..BAD GUY!! (long) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2002, 12:22 PM   #1
Chamlover
Snakeagater..BAD GUY!! (long)

I inquired about a trade with John Manfre on 11/15/02. He had two burmese python babies that I was interested in. He was looking for bearded dragons in trade. I had some extra older babies that I was looking to part with so we set up a trade. His two burmese babies for 4 of my bearded babies.

I agreed to ship first since I inquired on the trade. He provided me with feedback here on the BOI which stated he was a good trader/seller and people were happy with him. So I felt good about the trade.

He was supposed to ship the burms on Mon 11/25 on Tues. I still had not heard anything from him. I emailed to ask if he has shipped as promised. He stated that he had shipped by UPS. I inquired again for the tracking number.. Here is what he told me...

"Yes I did had to use ups, My wife sent them out and she's at work, If they do not arive by noon I'll call her and get you the number.. I don't know what she did with it.. Sorry for the mix up but its all good"

When I emailed him later in the day to tell him they still had not not arrived he told me he would call his wife and get the number. I heard nothing from him until late the next night. I had posted on BOI stating what had happened up to that point and that I had not received anything yet but would update my post when that changed.
After several emails this is what I was told by him...

"The Burms were shipped, My wife shipped them.. But not to you.. She made a deal to sell them that she said she told me about.. I don't remember her telling me about the deal she made. And when I told her to ship the burms she did. It was a big mix-up.. So the day that they were to be shipped to you I thought they were.. And once I found out they were not going to you and the deal was already made I took a Drive to Phillie PA, about 3 hours drive one way, And I had to borrow a car to get there, To buy back two of my burm babes I sold to a pet store there in phillie to send the snakes to you "

It was agreed that he would send these two sibling snakes on the following Mon. Dec 2 I got this email on Sun Dec 1

"Will be shipping on tuesday maybe MONDAY, I need to get a box for them. I don't have any boxs with fome inserts left ..I have a large Boa going out tomarrow so If I can get a box before they pic up the boa, The burms will be going out tomarrow but if not Tuesday for sure... IM realy realy going to try to get them out tomarrow for you.. I'll let you know by e-mail by noon.. No later.. Thanx for all your understanding Talk to you soon"

I got this email on Mon 2nd..

"OK I got you a box and the pic up will be tomorrow the December 03, I have a tracking number for you also, 6183386134. The number will not be in the system till tomorrow sometime after 5 pm.. If not sooner, They are coming out to the house for the pickup."

I did not received any snakes on Tues the 4th..I emailed him to tell him they did not come and got this email...

"The Burms were shipped I am calling Air Borne Right now, they should have been there.. I don't have any idea whats going on.. I tryed the tracking number and it's not even in the system... As soon as I find out whats going on I'll let you know"

I gave him a place to let me know as I was not home at the time..and then got this email from him..

"Air Borne Has no idea what happened to the box.. They are going to call me back after the driver gets in and they have a chance to talk to him.. And there also trying to trace the air bill number, they said it was put in the computer but after that it do's not show it being put on the plain.. Don't worry I use asset protection and have declared it's value at $150.00 so if they can't figure out what's going on you'll get money in place of the burms. "

I emailed several times after that checking up on status to see if he had heard anything from airborne. At one point I got this email...

"It should be comeing right to your house, And should be there before the end of the week."

I finally got the drift after awhile and contacted Airborne myself.
They have no record of any packages being picked up from his home on that date. They have no record of him purchasing asset protection for said package..and they have not received any claims for a lost package from him.

So basically the package was never sent. He has had my animals for over a month, and will not respond to any attempts at contact. That last email was the last contact I had with him well over two weeks ago.
John Manfre has several postive comments about him here on the BOI and quite a few people have stuck up for him, but you can make up your own mind about him once you read this. I have only posted the facts. Jason Parrish

John if you read this and would like to make things right please contact me....

Old 12-23-2002, 07:29 PM   #2
KNOBTAIL
My suggestion would be to

send him an invoice for the animals you shipped plus the shipping, and advise him that you will be giving it to an attorney for collection. Iam glad you posted this and hopefully others will take heed. JERRY TRESSER

Old 12-23-2002, 10:06 PM   #3
Chamlover
I also forgot to add in my post that when I questioned Airborne on that tracking number he gave me (in email copied above) they told me that number had not been assigned to a package since mid May 2002...Jason Parrish

Old 12-23-2002, 11:22 PM   #4
HerpVenue
Quote:
Don't worry I use asset protection and have declared it's value at $150.00 so if they can't figure out what's going on you'll get money in place of the burms.
1. Airborne does not "Knowingly" accept snake shipments.
2. For animal shipments.....they do not want you to "claim" anything. In fact you gotta have a statement on file that you will claim nothing.

If he claims ZERO(0) like I do.... I would understand. (grey area thing)
But the fact that he shipped a snake AND claimed $150. Well......

Old 12-23-2002, 11:39 PM   #5
Chamlover
John told me that he told Airbore it was a turtle...

Old 12-24-2002, 05:46 AM   #6
evansnakes
The guys posts are so suspect that I am not sure why anybody would deal with him. Evan Stahl

Old 12-27-2002, 03:04 PM   #7
Chamlover
Thank you for the helpful comments. This is one time where the boi has failed in that John Manfre had a thread with several positive comments from people that were happy with the deals they had done with him and the animals they got. So I felt confident trading with him.

Would anyone that has done a trade with John Manfre (Snakeagater) please contact me if you have any contact info for him.
I have one phone number for him that I have tried, but have not been able to contact him for several weeks..by phone or email.
He got my animals on the 26th of Nov. and I never got anything from him. I would like to try and track him down to get my animals back. Jason Parrish

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!