Limiting how many threads can be added per day - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Bad Obsession Reptiles
Limiting how many threads can be added per day

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything easily on it.

Has there been discussion of limiting how many threads someone can post per day? It's rather frustrating when after posting a thread, one person has posted 5 OR MORE serperate threads after it, especially when some of them are only 1 animal per post.

Seems like a limit, even just per section (geckos, iguanas, etc.) would be beneficial.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
rcarichter

You can be pushed off the 1st page very quickly, and can no longer bump unless you're a contributor (I know, I know)

Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
hhmoore
I'm not speaking for Rich on this one - so don't assume that this post represents the site's stance....
but it seems like there are always people that aren't happy with what they get for free

Of course, any change we make - while it may please some people - will doubtlessly upset at least as many others. And, let's not forget that the people that want changes now will want things to go back to the current way, when their own situation changes.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Bad Obsession Reptiles
Even those who pay get pushed down from those who post way too many threads one after another. It's not about "what I get for free". Just seems like 10 posts in a row, some with single animals, is rude, IMO.

Was just wondering if others felt this way

Old 04-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
WebSlave
I see no reason to change anything. The classifieds are free, and the hoped for goal is to get more and more sellers and buyers participating there. That appears to be working quite well, but of course, the drawback will be that it will become a faster paced atmosphere as more people put more and more ads into place.

Trying to put the BRAKES on this process just seems directly contradictory to the intended goal.

Will some people be unhappy? Certainly! Nothing here has ever pleased everyone, and it just is not possible to do so. Just a changing anything would please some and piss off others.

Sorry, but there just is not any perfect way to do something of this nature.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
hhmoore
This complaint comes up periodically - from the perspective of one that posts ads for several different species, sometimes posting individual ads makes sense...sometimes it doesn't. Maybe the seller wants to attach 4 pics of each animal, to save himself multiple requests for more - under the current rules, it isn't possible to put 4 different animals in 4 successive posts in an ad; so the alternative is to post them in separate ads.

Personally, I tend to only run a few ads at a time - but that has more to do with my willingness to deal with inquiries than anything else. If somebody else wants to post 10 ads, and I feel that my ads are getting overlooked - I can change my ads, post more of them, delete and repost, bump, etc. Advertising is what you put into it.
At some point, we may very well have to impose some restrictions on the number of ads...but, I don't see any indication that it is needed now.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
Lucille
I'm so glad y'all clarified that this thread had to do with the classifieds rather than the general forums, for a minute there I thought I was gonna be legislated into being quiet

Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
mxracer4life
Same here Lucille, lol. I at first I thought it was concerning threads in general, glad to hear its not. And concerning the classified ads, I definately agree with Rich and Harald, the more traffic the better. People will start to get in the habit of checking pages 3, 4, 5 and so on, I know I have.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
GreenCountryHerp
I agree the more people posting ads the more buyers there will be. I also used to only browse the first couple of pages but now I go through several, you never know what you might be missing out on.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:16 PM   #10
scarnicom
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencountryreps View Post
now I go through several, you never know what you might be missing out on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!