Bad Guy Metal Monkey Exotics - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:45 PM   #11
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaint View Post
There was apparently miscommunication of some sort here, and I still believe that not feeding for several months due to a lack of feeders is not proper care. I no longer want anything to do with this snake or breeder, I'm uninterested in a discount.
Apparently there was miscommunication from you, because you chose to only show what you thought would make you look good from the communications. Yet when Chris shows your replies and his other replies it makes you look like you're just trying to get him to "discount" the animal so you can get a great deal on it.

So I'm SURE that you no longer want anything to do with the snake or breeder since the breeder/owner showed that you were misleading or purposely being deceptive to everyone. Heaven forbid you look bad right?

BTW, some snakes are notorious for going off feed for a bit. Heck even my lizard goes off feed for a bit. But you just had to exaggerate on the time frame and it makes you look really shady.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:46 PM   #12
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
I would say there was too!
Not a good idea to start a bad guy BOI without all the correct information and facts
Did you bother to ask for a picture or anything before this?
BP,s are notorious for going off feed for months at a time tbh
Haha , guess I should have read further down before commenting, but you're correct (on all accounts!)

Old 09-04-2016, 07:47 PM   #13
Quaint
It wasn't about going off feed, he said he wasn't feeding it because he didn't have appropriately sized feeders. Even a snake off feed needs to be offered food so that it can go back on feed.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #14
Mistyck
Just to touch on this as well:

Quote:
I'm uninterested in a discount.
I doubt that the breeder would be interested in giving you a discount anyway with the way you decided to show yourself here. Good luck!

Old 09-04-2016, 07:51 PM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
It wasn't about going off feed, he said he wasn't feeding it because he didn't have appropriately sized feeders. Even a snake off feed needs to be offered food so that it can go back on feed.
Except you decided to turn the two months he didn't have feeders into 5 months of starvation, and then tried to finagle a discount.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #16
Mistyck
Quote:
It was, or you wouldn't have brought it up. You're still trying to defend the fact that you were exaggerating the whole thing in order to make yourself look good & to try to get a big discount on a snake so you could "rescue" it.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #17
Lucille
Out of the 5 months, for the first 3 months he did have feeders to offer until his supplier bailed. If he offered at the 3 month mark, even if he had feeders he may very well not have offered for another couple weeks. So that leaves 6 weeks you are making an issue of. Should he have stopped by a pet store and got a rat? Maybe.
But it is your mention of a discount that makes this whole thread suspect, and has it smelling like a ploy to get this nice snake for pennies on the dollar.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #18
Chris Kennard
I will defend no one here. But I will say this. I don't give a rat's ass who your "supplier" is. If they fail to deliver, get your lazy ass to a pet shop and buy food for your snakes!

Old 09-04-2016, 08:36 PM   #19
Quaint
Once again, it was not made clear that she went off feed on her own. I asked whether she went off feed or he didn't have feeders, and he said he didn't have feeders. I still think it's unacceptable not to find feeders for your animals, especially ones you are trying to sell.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #20
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Once again, it was not made clear that she went off feed on her own. I asked whether she went off feed or he didn't have feeders, and he said he didn't have feeders. I still think it's unacceptable not to find feeders for your animals, especially ones you are trying to sell.
Couldn't agree more.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!