Bad Guy Bean Farm Bad News - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #41
Brett Boller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckenzie_river_reptiles View Post
Brett, I'm glad you worked it out. You slandered Giovanni's name by coming on here and screaming that you got jammed.

I also talked to Giovanni and your billing info was not matching up...it was a simple fix.

The money never went to Giovanni's account, but was in limbo.

Thats fine I am happy to have my money back but, I buy and sell stuff online all the time and never had this sort of thing happen. I am not trying to drag someones name through the dirt. I just had an issue that was not getting corrected so I came here for help. I am curious as to why they are telling you about my personal transation with them. Who are you to point fingers I did nothing wrong by using the BOI to sort an issue thats what its for.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #42
David_Means
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Boller View Post
Thats fine I am happy to have my money back but, I buy and sell stuff online all the time and never had this sort of thing happen. I am not trying to drag someones name through the dirt. I just had an issue that was not getting corrected so I came here for help. I am curious as to why they are telling you about my personal transation with them. Who are you to point fingers I did nothing wrong by using the BOI to sort an issue thats what its for.
Yes, that is what the BOI is for. Now that it is sorted out and nether party was at fault, I believe you owe the Bean Farm an apologue for bringing this to the BOI. You could have talk to the owners before this was brought here. After all they did apologize to your wife.

David

Old 12-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #43
KathyLove
Some payment info that some customers may not be aware of...

This may or may not apply in this particular case, but is good info to get out to buyers. Many customers don't realize what happens if they pay by PayPal, and send it to an email address that is misspelled by even one letter or character. In that case, the customer will receive an email receipt via PayPal that looks like the payment has gone through. But the seller will not receive any notification or payment. It has caused some communication problems several times for me over the last few years. So it would be prudent for customers to send a separate email to sellers to make sure the payment has gone through so it can be fixed right away if there is a problem. Payment through other means (than PayPal) via email may also present the same potential problem.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #44
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_topless View Post
Yes, that is what the BOI is for. Now that it is sorted out and nether party was at fault, I believe you owe the Bean Farm an apologue for bringing this to the BOI. You could have talk to the owners before this was brought here. After all they did apologize to your wife.

David

You wouldn't like it if someone started a post about you,
as in, Brett Boller Bad News
(unless it turned out this way!)

Old 12-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #45
TheVipersHouse
he doesnt owe them an apology .. yes neither party was directly at fault but the treatment his wife got when trying to fix the problem was not appropriate and the fact that apparently Bean farm was discussing his personal dealings with someone who had no business knowing what was going on to such details ,
he did what was needed on his end ,
he didnt bash them nor did he ever slander their name . he just posted his situation like anyone would do .. the only apology thats is needed ( AND WHICH WAS DONE ALREADY BY THE OWNER ) was for the treatment that was given to them when they tried to find out what was going on ..

the BOI's purpose is for this very reason and to find out others dealing with people . his post was warranted .. he doesnt owe anyone anything he did nothing wrong ..if he gives 1 to bean farm then so be it but hes not obligated to do so

Old 12-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #46
Southern Wolf
Thats good info Kathy..... thanks for sharing.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #47
David_Means
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVipersHouse View Post
he doesnt owe them an apology .. yes neither party was directly at fault but the treatment his wife got when trying to fix the problem was not appropriate and the fact that apparently Bean farm was discussing his personal dealings with someone who had no business knowing what was going on to such details ,
he did what was needed on his end ,
he didnt bash them nor did he ever slander their name . he just posted his situation like anyone would do .. the only apology thats is needed ( AND WHICH WAS DONE ALREADY BY THE OWNER ) was for the treatment that was given to them when they tried to find out what was going on ..

the BOI's purpose is for this very reason and to find out others dealing with people . his post was warranted .. he doesnt owe anyone anything he did nothing wrong ..if he gives 1 to bean farm then so be it but hes not obligated to do so
Shawn,

We will have to agree to disagree. I just feel as if Brett may have jumped the gun coming to the BOI. As far as the Bean Farm being rude, we don't know who was rude first or what was said. I find a lot or the time people that think they have lost money or been scammed, are not always in the best of moods. This may or may not be the case here. About Bean Farm discussing his personal dealings with someone else, that was after the thread was started. I'm not saying it was right, but it is not why the thread was started.

David

Old 12-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #48
TheVipersHouse
I'll agree to disagree on that 1 with ya .
the personal details issue:
No it wasnt part of the started thread but it in fact shows something about business on their end . which im sure most are now glad to know ..

jump the gun :
he tried to handle things and got rude treatment for his effort , so he posted his experience on BOI .
so i dont think he really jumped the gun ..

he did what he felt he needed to do . which is what 90% of the people who use BOI do . (not defending what people post just my observation )..
they do what they feel they need to do .

right or wrong , he had a legitimate reason for his post .

i have seen people post on BOI for lesser things ...
like i said
he had a problem he tried to deal with it didnt get anywhere , so he came here and posted his problem with the rest of us ..and then went another direction and it got resolved ..

like other things everyone is entitled to their opinion about things ,
so i will agree to disagree ..

Old 12-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #49
lanceheads
[quote=TheVipersHouse;659728]jump the gun :
he tried to handle things and got rude treatment for his effort , so he posted his experience on BOI .
so i dont think he really jumped the gun ..

Shawn, you really don't know, either do I or anyone else on here if he was treated rude! We only heard one side of this story, and that was Brett's side.

As stated before, I have known both of the owners of the BeanFarm for many, many years and I have never known them to be rude or disparaging to anyone, esp. customers.

Yeppers, Brett definetly jumped the gun on this one, that's my 2 cents on this subject, and I'd suggest you deposit it in your bank.

Randal

Old 12-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #50
TheVipersHouse
just cause your friends with the owners really dont mean anything ..he never said it was the owner that was rude he said when his wife called the person that answered the phone was rude .
i know when i have called before about orders i placed i never spoke to the owner , it was always staff that answered the phone . so your point about knowing the owners has no bearing on what their employees can be capable of ...

and only reason its 1 sided is because Bean farm i would guess is declining to appear here and post ..(not saying anything bad about that or them) but i have heard alot of people saying 1 sided story ,and its not his fault they havent posted anything ..

i have no problem with bean farm i wouldnt hesitate buying from them again . but again its not about me or you or anyone but Brett and his wife and their experience they had with them ..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!