Bad Guy Bean Farm Bad News - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #51
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVipersHouse View Post
I'll agree to disagree on that 1 with ya .
the personal details issue:
No it wasnt part of the started thread but it in fact shows something about business on their end . which im sure most are now glad to know ..

jump the gun :
he tried to handle things and got rude treatment for his effort , so he posted his experience on BOI .
so i dont think he really jumped the gun ..

he did what he felt he needed to do . which is what 90% of the people who use BOI do . (not defending what people post just my observation )..
they do what they feel they need to do .

right or wrong , he had a legitimate reason for his post .

i have seen people post on BOI for lesser things ...
like i said
he had a problem he tried to deal with it didnt get anywhere , so he came here and posted his problem with the rest of us ..and then went another direction and it got resolved ..

like other things everyone is entitled to their opinion about things ,
so i will agree to disagree ..

I agree and I certainly am glad to know!

Business is business and Personal is personal. The one that stuck his nose where it didn't belong should have been shown the door, or should have kept his mouth shut and simply encouraged his friend to rectify the matter. It was unnecessary to blow one's own horn about inside information (I hope you didn't see credit card info). If I were having an issue with any business, it is my right to air my grievance. The BUSINESS on the other hand has no right to air my business unless it's in the same venue that I choose and then they are not supposed to reveal personal information...they can only confirm or prove that payment wasn't received and the issue of rudness was addressed.

Anything else is out of line, imo.

The Business could have come here and explained their side of the story....but by bypassing the venue chosen by the customer and instead going to a PERSONAL friend and airing their side of the story it displayed a lack of ethics.

I am not trying to be rude here.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #52
deborahbroadus
BTW: I have NO problem with Bean Farm. I am a loyal customer..but if you the type that gets into personal business of their customers..I will certainly think about taking my business else where.

You are not helping their cause IMO, you would be best served to be quiet. The issue is resolved the parties are satisified, and the fact that Bean Farm shared customer information with you should have remained your deep dark secret.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #53
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
This issue was not made concrete until now...

We were just taking his word for it. The reason I cantacted Giovanni is simply to get more info and to make the thread known to Giovanni. I was informing people of the situation...this info is not persoal once it is brought on the BOI. It is essential..at least that's how I understood it.

Giovanni is a friend and so I believe I did have some bussiness in asking him what was up? And at the very least making this thread known to him.

Giovanni asked me to post both of his e-mails to me. Note I cannot post it in the correct format...I use GMX mail. I can e-mail the messages to my yahoo account and then post them if you want them in the correct format.

"Luc, thanks. We get customers once in a while that do not understand how online processing works. Our site is set up to void all orders that do not match the billing info. We have this to protect against fraud.

This customers order was never made, but the banks put a hold on their card. Not us but their bank. There is nothing we can do, if they would have the correct billing info on the order it would not happen. We don't have part on these instant voids, but banks will hold the money for up to 3 days.

Just one of those things, you can try hard to please and there is no pleasing. All we can do try hard. We cannot please everyone even when we try.

Thanks again, Giovanni"

Here is the latest one:

"Luc,
Yes, please do post either of our messages back to you. What happened was our shopping cart credit card processor is very sensitive and if every thing doesn't match it won't process the order. I don't know exactly what happened in her case but what we saw was that her order was incomplete and that we had not received the funds so we assumed it was an error on her part. When she called me she was already very angry and accused us of holding her funds. I was very frustrated with the situation after having researched it in depth and found only that her order was incomplete and my credit card processor was saying we did not have the funds. We did research it further and discovered even though the transaction did not have an authorization number we were able to credit her. I don't know why her transaction was suspended but it was nothing that we did ourselves. I have already spoken to her and rectified the situation. People don't realize how on-line ordering works and they think every company that is on the internet is out to rip them off.
Thank you again, Luc.
Paula Fagioli
The Bean Farm"

Old 12-24-2008, 12:04 AM   #54
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
The bean farm was not sharing any exorbant amount of info...They were infroming me so I could inform you.

Don't know why they did it this way...but I don't think it was a TERRIBLE thing.

AND the bean farm name was slandered by saying " The Bean Farm (bad guy)"

Old 12-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #55
TheVipersHouse
ok so let me get this straight cause now im a little concerned .
they need you to speak for them ?
this issue deals with them i cant understand why they did not come here themselves to clearify anything ..

not attacking just unclear as to why they cannot come and speak for themselves .

and on a side note ,it dont matter whats posted here , their personal refferences and personal details of transactions are not topical debates , regardless of the situation that kind of info should not be shared with anyone other then the person purchasing and the business selling .. freinds of the business are not and should not be privy to that kind of information .

Old 12-24-2008, 12:31 AM   #56
jayefbe
I agree, I personally think it's a fairly big concern that Bean Farm was sharing information about another person's transaction with someone else. And why can't he post himself, rather than having Luc do his posting for him? I'm not trying to say anything against Giovanni or Bean Farm, I've been very satisfied with them and will likely order from them many times in the future, but I don't think it's good business practice to do what he did.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:38 AM   #57
critical bill
Luc, if I'm not mistaken...you're only 16 or 17 years old, right?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:41 AM   #58
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Luc, if I'm not mistaken...you're only 16 or 17 years old, right?
LOL Rut roh now u done it , you went and got chuck on yourself .. LOL j/k

Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #59
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
LOL I guess I did get chuck on my ___...I'm pretty good at that.

I don't know why they asked me to do it...maybe as a favor. I just made them aware of it and they told me what happened. I asked to post there e-mail for a clarification...

Sorry if I P.O.ed anybody...but I don't think the bean farm meant any harm nor did I.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:59 AM   #60
Tim Cole

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!