What is to be? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #11
Golden Gate Geckos
I guess it boils down to (here comes that word again...) CONSISTENCY.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:24 PM   #12
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Not hijacking Wes's thread but I just got suspended for a similar silly reason by Doc for asking Lucille why she felt it necessary to imply members were lazy and dumb for not doing a simple search on karma. I never called her any names or used a single harsh word. The harshest word I used was "darn".

She's a facilitator for chrissake. Is this what is to be? A facilitator gets to imply that other members are dumb and lazy? And when the facilitator is told nicely that it wasn't a nice thing to do that member gets suspended?

I don't care if this site is turned into the land of pink candy shavers. Its Rich's site to do what he wants with it. He laid down some rules and I believe I followed them in this instance where I got suspended.

So anyway...when do you think the toilet bowl icon is going to dissapear? That icon is used for nothing but insults from member to member in posts. When is the poking finger into the face icon going to be removed off the site? Because it can be taken as a member shoving his finger in another members face. Maybe I can insult people using purely icons and never write a word. Is that acceptable?

Like I said....land of the pink candy shavers. I'm covered, protected, and ready to dive in.
Chuck,
You were not suspended. You got one warning point. The system automatically suspended you...but it shouldn't have. I made Rich aware of the fact that it happened. There are still some bugs in the new system that he is trying to working out.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:25 PM   #13
Wilomn
It seems that what is being said here is that blunt honesty is not........looked upon favorably any longer.

Some of the reason I am so very blunt is that it leaves little room for doubt or misinterpretation of what I mean. I know that I write to some of the dumbest people out there. Heck, if I caught them they must be riding the short bus, you know?

If I go all esoteric and existential then they won't get the point. Or so it would seem to me.

But, there is always room for fine tuning.

Now, where is that doggone thesaurus......

Old 10-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #14
nicolai
Bill, reread your post/.....

read your post as if you didnt know any of the parties involved and tell me if you think it is insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Karma for Dummies.

May I ask a question Lucille? If you're a facilitator of this site, wouldn't it have been simpler, quicker, and smarter, to post a link to the EXACT information you posted that a few people were seeking? Ya know...rather than play like you're an illiterate to computers and fauna searches, but even with those deficits...just looky what I the computer dummie found? You're not a dumb lady and I don't think you like making others look dumb, but...thats the way your post came off to me...and I'm sure quite a few others.

Chow...
Even to me this post looked to be a bit insulting and condesending. Worthy of a fine or suspenision?? not in my opinion, but my opinion doesnt account for anything on here. In the Mods opinion, apparently so. I think the mods and Rich are out to prove a point for a little while and are going to be hypersensitive to everything they see for a while. I think they are trying to make a point to the fact they arent going to tolerate anything anymore and the bullets they are firing have just started.
Here is a link to a site we should all learn a little from and check with before we post any maybe/maybe not comments.

http://www.alletiquette.com

Chances are the will know if its proper of not to say certain things.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #15
Matt Haines
Condescending perhaps, but not exactly insulting.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:36 PM   #16
Serpwidgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Kendergirl
I think he was trying to say he would expect his mother to sugar-coat things, and not call him an idiot directly to his face. So....WWMD What would Mom do?
LOL, I was thinking the same thing after I posted that: WWMD.

For the record, my mom would not simply call me an idiot. As stubborn as I am, it wouldn't have done any good. And fortunately, she never sugar-coated anything either. Instead, she would spell out in great detail how an idiot would handle things, exactly why what I did was consistent with the behavior of an idiot, and then let me decide for myself whether or not I wanted to be one, in my own eyes, and/or hers.

To me, Wendy's post had that same flavor.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #17
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
Worthy of a fine or suspenision?? not in my opinion, but my opinion doesnt account for anything on here. In the Mods opinion, apparently so.
Again, please allow me to reiterate...

Chuck received ONE warning point. The only reason he got a fine and suspension was because of a glitch in the system.

Chuck, if you paid your fine unnecessarily, then please contact Rich about it.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:40 PM   #18
Wilomn
I'm curious.

I've heard several mentions of "for a while." "for a while" they're going to be making examples, "for a while" things are going to be really strict, "for a while"

"for a while" is tantamount to advertising that we have no intention of maintaining anything at all, much less the high standard to which we pretend to aspire. We're going to try to get there "for a while" and if we don't then things will change; we won't be so hard core and strict.

Perhaps I should have titled this "for a while" instead of What is to be.

I just had this thought as I was re-reading this thread.

I think if any of this broo ha ha is "for a while" then it is just rediculous to even begin it.

Then again, just how long IS a while? If it's many years then there is no problem. Somehow I get the impression of a much smaller increment of time when I here "for a while" though.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:46 PM   #19
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
Again, please allow me to reiterate...

Chuck received ONE warning point. The only reason he got a fine and suspension was because of a glitch in the system.

Chuck, if you paid your fine unnecessarily, then please contact Rich about it.

thanks Doc, I was unaware of that.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:05 PM   #20
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
Chuck,
You were not suspended. You got one warning point. The system automatically suspended you...but it shouldn't have. I made Rich aware of the fact that it happened. There are still some bugs in the new system that he is trying to working out.
I understand that now Doc and I thank you for letting me know and Rich know. He emailed me earlier to let me know he's working on it.

May I ask why you have you failed to issue any warning points to Lucille for implying that two other members are just too dumb and lazy to do their own search? That is what she implied and you know darn well thats what she implied.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!