"Market Down the Toilet?" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
snowboalover
Question "Market Down the Toilet?"

I just got in boxed the other day about some high end morphs I have for sale and this person says he's low balling because of the market. I'm not a breeder and am not on any forums but is there truth to this? The guy never called so I figure I should ask others in the community, since their flaky demeanor didn't really reassure me of their claim...

Old 07-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #2
chrisis697
Yes & no. Some people will always try to beat you up on prices no matter what your selling. If people can save a buck or two they feel like they got a good deal. Has the market dropped, in my opinion no. But like with anything the more you produce, the cheaper they are. Some morphs have dropped considerably, while others are still strong. Your always gona have a couple people out there that are selling something cheaper then the market value with mostly anything you purchase. For instance look at cars. Just cause you payed so much for something doesnt mean you can sell it for that. There is a few things that do work that way but not much in this day & age.
Dont sell urself or animals out for a few flakey people. Those people wont last in a industry like this. Also at the end of the day everyone has to do what works for them.
Good luck with your animals snow boa lover!!

Old 07-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
snowboalover
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisis697 View Post
Yes & no. Some people will always try to beat you up on prices no matter what your selling. If people can save a buck or two they feel like they got a good deal. Has the market dropped, in my opinion no. But like with anything the more you produce, the cheaper they are. Some morphs have dropped considerably, while others are still strong. Your always gona have a couple people out there that are selling something cheaper then the market value with mostly anything you purchase. For instance look at cars. Just cause you payed so much for something doesnt mean you can sell it for that. There is a few things that do work that way but not much in this day & age.
Dont sell urself or animals out for a few flakey people. Those people wont last in a industry like this. Also at the end of the day everyone has to do what works for them.
Good luck with your animals snow boa lover!!
Hey thanks a lot! Appreciate your response. I don't have them priced as I don't know what is an accurate price for them right now.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #4
bcr229
I think at the high end you should stick to your price.

At the low end... in the last few years I've gotten 1.2 commons, 0.1 arabesque, and 0.1 CA hypo free - all adults - because their prior owners couldn't keep them and would rather give them to a good home than sell them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!