"What do you see in this picture?" - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-04-2005, 12:31 AM   #11
Bill & Amy
Looks like the tail is missing to me!

Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 AM   #12
LakesideBoas
I see...

a snake that should probably live somewhere else.

Whoever doctored that photo needs to learn to download and/or read the manual for that particular program (thinking photoshop here). It's not that difficult a program to use, but if used incorrectly, it's easy to spot.

If I have to enhance a photo of an animal for sale I may lighten or darken it to make it more easily viewed (I take crappy pictures- LOL!) but I NEVER mess with the color. The reason for cloning part of the photo completely escapes me.....

Oh, and what's up with the aquarium gravel?? I hope it was just for the sake of a nice photo op and the poor thing doesn't live like that!

Have you sent an inquiry on this animal to see if it was just a **cough** honest mistake?

Old 11-04-2005, 01:01 AM   #13
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
a snake that should probably live somewhere else.

Whoever doctored that photo needs to learn to download and/or read the manual for that particular program (thinking photoshop here). It's not that difficult a program to use, but if used incorrectly, it's easy to spot.

If I have to enhance a photo of an animal for sale I may lighten or darken it to make it more easily viewed (I take crappy pictures- LOL!) but I NEVER mess with the color. The reason for cloning part of the photo completely escapes me.....

Oh, and what's up with the aquarium gravel?? I hope it was just for the sake of a nice photo op and the poor thing doesn't live like that!

Have you sent an inquiry on this animal to see if it was just a **cough** honest mistake?
yeah Maggie, I am glad you said it..that is what I was waiting to hear..if in fact the photo looked "doctored" or not. ..the color was the first thing that screamed out at me as well, but then there is more upon further examination.. that no one has really spotted yet..I will point these out later..
I did inquire on this animal but have not received a response yet.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:16 AM   #14
Dennis Hultman
It looks like a touched up dead snake to me.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:24 AM   #15
bbbxcursion
What the heck is wrong with his stomach??? Follow down from the head and it looks like a baseball is in there......not a fresh meal but something huge!

Old 11-04-2005, 03:02 AM   #16
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Dixie Dragons
take a close look at the pattern on the snake..
That was a HUGE hint, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hicok
Looks like the tail is missing to me!
That was the first thing I commented on when Michele sent me this pic...I think I referred to it as a "ghost" dumerils, because its tail just becomes translucent as it crosses his body.

Now, what is it in/about the pattern......(think about the thread title)

Old 11-04-2005, 03:19 AM   #17
PaulSage
Okay, well MY eyes hurt.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the tail. It just looks funny because of how the tail pattern overlaps the body, that and the shadow to the right.

The skin seems really wrinkled near the bends in the body, and it's head seems to be flat down on the gravel, so I'm thinking I agree with Dennis. It looks dead.

Oh, and it was definitely altered. Some of the gravel is pinkish.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2005, 03:29 AM   #18
hhmoore
not saying that there is anything "wrong" with the tail, just that it is messed up in the pic. it is as if you can see through it. notice how you lose the border definition as it crosses the body...AND how it looks like the end of the tail is cut off and just sitting their - almost as if you are looking into the end of the stump. A result of being altered (the pic, not the snake)?

Old 11-04-2005, 03:34 AM   #19
hhmoore
Hey, look at this guy!!

tilt your heads a bit to the right when you look at this. I highlighted it, but you may see it better by going back to the original

Old 11-04-2005, 03:36 AM   #20
LakesideBoas
Someone...

Cloned part, if not most, of the pattern on that snake. If I had decent photo editing program on this computer (hubby's) I'd show you where there are repeating patterns (not natural) overlapping segments (again, not natural) and the whole "tail" overlap thingy has got me terribly confused. Then you have severe color alteration...

Just all around messed up in my book.

Now, is this snake actually for sale, or were you just testing those of us that use photoshop for a living? (artists...there's a reason why we are starving--LOL!)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!