On my doorstep this morning..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
Cat_72
On my doorstep this morning.....

....and I'm not just saying that this time. Got home from work this morning, and as I pull in, I see this guy laying on my front steps. I get out of the car, and he meanders over, sits at my feet, and waits for me to scratch him. He has a collar but no tags....called or stopped by all of the neighbors, called the local vets and shelters....no one knows where he came from or seems to be missing him. A little skinny, but seems in good health overall. He's very well mannered, knows sit, down, kennel.....and loves to have his belly scratched. He tried to jump into the back of my truck and "go for a ride" when my son was leaving for school this morning.....I asked Josh if he recognized him and he said no, but something woke him up during the night last night, he thinks it may have been someone leaving the yard after dumping him off. The only Golden that I (or the vets) know about within a few miles of here only has 3 legs, so it's obviously not him, lol.

Gonna take him in to the vet's tomorrow and have him scanned for a microchip if he's still here....he's been right by the front steps all day, I finally took him out a big bowl of dinner about an hour ago, and he's sleeping peacefully on the lawn right next to the front door.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
norsmis
Sounds like someone just adopted a new dog!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
Cat_72
LOL.

I always say that they find me, I don't find them.....

Old 04-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
well this just proved that!!

keep us posted on the vet visit

Old 04-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
Tere Salazar
Awwwww...sweet guy knew just where to come for some love. He's gorgeous.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
^_^ Well, if you cant find the owners... Congrats on your new friend! Hes gorgeous too!

Old 04-05-2008, 03:05 AM   #7
Cat_72
Well....he's still here.

I was going to kennel him overnight in the big outdoor kennel my Bloodhound used to use (it's 20' X 10' chain link run outside, then has a doggie door to a 8' X 8' chain link pen inside a building, with a doghouse and bed), but fell asleep on the couch about 6 pm. I got up awhile ago, and went to look out and see if he was still around....and there he is, sleeping right next to the steps still. I think I'm going to go out in a bit and kennel him anyway, it'd be a lot warmer for him, even though I'm pretty sure he isn't going to run off anytime soon.

My ol man ( known affectionately around here as Mr. NOWAYISTHATANIMALSTAYINGWEHAVETOOMANYALREADY) came in the house this afternoon, and says, "He IS an awful nice dog....".

My son came in and announced that he had fed him dinner.....I told him that I had already done so....he just said, "That's OK, he's skinny anyway, he needs more food." He's his mother's son, lol.

If someone isn't missing this dog.....well, I can't believe it.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
Miss Tuniwha
did you see the comment on CL about your post Cat????

Old 04-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
Cat_72
Yeah, I've emailed the folks, it isn't him Brandi. I actually have gotten several emails as well, none of which match this guy. It kind of shocks me how many people have missing Golden Retrievers......or I guess one was some folks missing a yellow lab, didn't know the difference between a Golden Retriever and a yellow Labrador Retriever. I guess when your pooch is missing (uh, that's what I've been calling him, "Big Pooch")....perhaps they were hoping I didn't know what I was talking about. So sad.

But he is still here. I forgot they were having the big "exotic sale" on Saturday, I spent all day there (and the vets were there as well checking animals, so know they would be really busy) yesterday so am going to take him to have him checked for microchips on Monday.

Dammit, I'm getting attached to the big slobbering goober. I keep reminding myself that someone might be looking for him.....

Old 04-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
Miss Tuniwha
well.. hopefully he has no chip. ha ha ha ha

and if someone is looking for him.. they aren't trying too hard..

which is sad

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!