My Birthday vacation to South East Minnesota *DUW* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Miss Tuniwha
My Birthday vacation to South East Minnesota *DUW*

yes.. vacation TO minnesota, FROM minnesota

lol

It was about a 5 hour drive one way.. so that surely counts as a vacation.. right?

And thank you for all of the kind birthday wishes!!!

So here is how it all played out..

First.. we left at 6 am on Sunday morning (UGH) We stopped at a small cafe about an hour south of Minneapolis, called "little Oscars" for breakfast.. It was GREAT!

Then to our next stop (no clue how far, I was trying to freaking sleep) Great River Bluffs state park. We spent about 2 hours walking the trails to the top of the cliffs!!

Here is the view we saw

while up there we saw this beautiful guy, jerk glared at me I SWEAR!

and of course these were everywhere

so finally we huffed back down to the car, and went to the next stop, Beaver Creek Valley state park, where we walked these dang stairs.. oh they don't look like much.. but they went WAAAYYYY Farther then you can see, because they had to go left, then right, then left to climb up the wall.. and OMG, my legs hated me!

And here are a few more random photos of what we saw while on that walk

Old 06-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
So purdy!!! I love the wilderness Im sure it was nice to get out and enjoy yourself huh?

Great Vulture shot! I love those guys, they look so graceful riding on the thermals

Old 06-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Miss Tuniwha
Next we finally got to the small (omg small) personal cabin, at Hidden Bluffs Resort. Learned that there is NO cell service *makes sense due to the surrounding cliffs* and no television. (which I was fine with)

We again, went for about a 2 hour walk up and around.. here are a couple things we saw..

And here is the view of our camp site from atop a cliff (keep in mind I Have the 200mm lens on)

we finally headed home on Tuesday (my official birthday) We first stopped at Niagra Caves.

On our way to the next destination, we stopped to have a chat with these folks

the one ran off, but the other actually came a bit closer, and "chatted" with Chris.. she would head bob.. he would head bob back.. for a good ten minutes, before I started to get jealous :P

and finally, the last stop before home. Mystery Caves.

and this, was amazing.. naturally it is hard to photograph a cave in depth due to lighting.. but this under ground lake *called turqoise lake* was just B-E-A-UTIFUL!

but leave it to me to think of this little guy as the best part of the caves! I would randomly point out.. BAT! and the guide would look.. find it.. and look at me with an odd gaze.. "wow, you got a good eye for them".. these bats were between 1 and 2 inches in length.. lol so very small..

FINALLY.. we came home.. I got to check my dang voicemail/texts.. *sigh*.. now time to catch up on all the cleaning that I didn't do.

*pouts*

Old 06-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
So purdy!!! I love the wilderness Im sure it was nice to get out and enjoy yourself huh?

Great Vulture shot! I love those guys, they look so graceful riding on the thermals
lol, It was GREAT to get away from it all.. and GREAT to have the dogs "babysat" for 5 days.. lol

we never got bored *but one more day we would have*. we played horse shoes *I won* and mini golf *I won* .. and played catch *guess you could say he won, because I have a damaged rotator cuff and threw my dang shoulder out .. AGAIN.

we played some texas hold'em.. we finally just called it a draw after 2 hours.. lol.. learned a couple "chip tricks"

I NEVER get to enjoy my birthday.. I got to meet Jim Gaffigan a few years back.. that part was awesome *the rest of the day was aweful*

So I am SOOooo happy I finally got to enjoy it.. not sure why, but I ALWAYS get excited when my birthday is coming up.. and for once.. there was a reason!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Uroboros
WOOOO! Nice stuff. Get the heck away for a while.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
WOOOO! Nice stuff. Get the heck away for a while.
yup..

and got myself a nice breeding collection of Ticks.. multiple kinds..

Wanna buy some ticks? HA HA HA HA

Old 06-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
yup..

and got myself a nice breeding collection of Ticks.. multiple kinds..

Wanna buy some ticks? HA HA HA HA
I read somewhere that your ticks are infested with mites, sorry.

:P

Hahahha, Are YOU WC?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
I read somewhere that your ticks are infested with mites, sorry.

:P

Hahahha, Are YOU WC?
HA HA HA HA HA

no mites here to be found, I assure you that..

and .. well.. MAYBE I am a lil WC.. shhhhh

Old 06-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
Wolfy-hound
Definitely WC. Awesome pictures, and glad to hear you had a vacation!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!