Second Clutch of Het pied x Het pied Hatched... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
deborahbroadus
Second Clutch of Het pied x Het pied Hatched...

I had three girls lay all of these are Het Pied x Pastel Het Pied pairings. The first clutch gave me two Pied visuals..and I jumped the gun thinking they were Pastel Pieds.

I haven't seen a Pastel Pied in person yet...so I'll trust the majority judgement on this one..
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Matt2979
MORE PIEDS????? lol...Congrats!!! I also have not seen a pastel pied in person so I'll not even mention my opinion on that, but I WILL say, "NICE!!!!"

My het pied should be laying within a week to ten days. I just hope you left an odd or two out there for me!!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Abby
I've not seen any Pastel pieds in person either Deb... But I think that one is a pastel pied Very nice! Congrats!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
MORE PIEDS????? lol...Congrats!!! I also have not seen a pastel pied in person so I'll not even mention my opinion on that, but I WILL say, "NICE!!!!"

My het pied should be laying within a week to ten days. I just hope you left an odd or two out there for me!!
Oh yes! I have the most cooperative Pied hets They have consistently given me visuals in every clutch, so far. (SHOUT OUT TO BOB CLARK).

I am not TRYING to be "greedy"

Old 07-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
I've not seen any Pastel pieds in person either Deb... But I think that one is a pastel pied Very nice! Congrats!
Abby, my eyes aren't as young as they once where ...what are the markers other than the purplish head? I thought they were supposed to have green eyes? (I may be fooling myself, but the eyes on this hatchling appear to have a greenish tint.)

Old 07-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Abby, my eyes aren't as young as they once where ...what are the markers other than the purplish head? I thought they were supposed to have green eyes? (I may be fooling myself, but the eyes on this hatchling appear to have a greenish tint.)
I've noticed from all of the pastel pieds I've seen, they tend to have a more erratic, almost shatter-like pattern than regular pieds. Here's some examples:

I've also noticed the pastel pieds are more likely to have the connecting eyestripes, like yours:

and another pic from that site... The eyes don't seem to be green in these pics. Maybe they are harder to tell than regular pastels?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
deborahbroadus
((holding breath)) dare I hope??? I have been disappointed before! Ooooooo! (dances in place)

Old 07-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
Abby
Quote:
((holding breath)) dare I hope??? I have been disappointed before! Ooooooo! (dances in place)
I'm pullin' for ya are you hoping for a boy or girl?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
chamgirl99471
Beautiful reguardless of whether it's pastel or not. In my opinion it does seem to be a lot lighter then most of the other pieds I've seen out there but I can't say for sure as I have yet to see one in person either Congrats on the beautiful baby!

Old 07-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #10
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Nice Pastel Pieds Deb.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!