Glass top tanks? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
ShortStack
Glass top tanks?

I am looking to buy a blue tongue skink soon, so I am looking at my options for tanks. I know that a 40 gallon long tank is best, so I am doing price checks for different places. I went to a small pet store by my house and the guy there said that he doesn't have any reptile things in stock, but he can order a glass top 40 gallon long tank, with lights, for $150. I have never heard of a glass top tank. Any advice on them? Am I better off with a screen top? I didn't think to ask him this, but maybe someone here knows the answer: How does the lighting work? Are there cut outs for them.. If not, wouldn't the lights heat the glass too much? Or the tank not enough?

Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
I think it would be best to ask the person who is offering to order it those questions. Their are dozens of different types of enclosures available for purchase and their is no way for anyone here to provide an accurate answer.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
ShortStack
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I think it would be best to ask the person who is offering to order it those questions. Their are dozens of different types of enclosures available for purchase and their is no way for anyone here to provide an accurate answer.
Ahh, ok.. thank you! I'm really new to the reptile world, so please bear with all my newbie questions, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!