Eggs, Eggs, Eggs ... HELP w/A QUESTION - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:22 PM   #1
arTURTLEGIRL
Eggs, Eggs, Eggs ... HELP w/A QUESTION

OK. All you other "Reptile Freaks" out there...

Yesterday, I was looking around my yard for a place to plant my new magnolia tree and I found a spot where there was a hollow hole (from what...I don't know) ... We had stuffed some leaves and debris in the hole to fill it up this past spring ---

Anyway...
Here is my question:

When I went to pull the leaves and crap out of the hole THERE WERE EGGS (8 of them) white, oblong, slightly pointed at one end, good condition, about an inch in size. Just laying under the leaves.

What do you guys think ............. BOX TURTLE or SNAKE eggs?

I have loads of box turtles on my property (in fact a month ago I found two box turtle hatchlings walking in my flower bed) ...
But, I also have snakes copperheads (which I think are live birth) and black snakes.

Just curious what you all think.

Old 08-24-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
Vince
im my experiance box turtles only lay about 2-4 eggs per clutch. is that the only options? water turtles some times travel pretty far to lay there eggs.

Old 08-24-2004, 05:27 PM   #3
JakeLJ
I think your eggs are form a turtle defintely... if theyre like an inch and a hald by an inch i think its box turtle eggs... if you hatch them and want to send them to a home i would care for them...i got alot of boxies already and i could care for them easily
jake

Old 08-25-2004, 11:22 AM   #4
arTURTLEGIRL
Thanks for the replies...

Thanks everyone who responded-

I am actually thinking they are probably black rat snake eggs because, like someone else said ... there are just too many eggs.

I have some CB boxies and they breed yearly BUT - my boxies have never laid EIGHT eggs.

But, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle - that they are turtle eggs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!