Regurg issue in Imerial pueblan - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #1
MesoCorney
Regurg issue in Imerial pueblan

I recently bought an Imperial pueblan milksnake (75% pueblan milksnake and 25% cal kingsnake)and I am looking for some advice. I fed a few days after I received him to give him a little time to settle. He took the small pinkie just fine. I didn't see him for five or six days as I was out of town. When I got back home I noticed he regurged a half digested pinkie mouse. I thought that this may be due to the stress of travel. So I waited a week and offered him another smaller pinkie which he readily took. I visually checked up on him for the next few days and on the fourth day I found another half digested regurg. I have one side of his cage set at around 85 F with a thermostat and heat pad and the other side stays around 70-68 F. The humidity on the cool side is about 40% and he always has a bowl of clean water. I am using aspen bedding and he has three hides spread out throughout the tank. Should I be concerned and do you have any advice for me?

Old 01-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
bcr229
Wait a week to feed again and in the meantime order some NutriBAC - http://beanfarm.com/product_info.php...oducts_id=5933 - it's a reptile probiotic. I've used it to help with regurges in a rescue boa. I don't put it in the water, I just dust a pinch on a f/t feeder.

Typically you have to offer a half-sized feeder after a regurge. I guess you could try to find the smallest possible pinky.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:38 AM   #3
MesoCorney
Thanks I ordered some nutribac, but not from the place you suggested. Their shipping is outrageous.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #4
MesoCorney
Just an update. I tried to get the nutribac but apparently all the online outlets don't have it in stock. Anyway I upped his temps and fed him a small pinkie last Wednesday. He was able to keep it down and has been out hunting his cage since Friday. I will feed him again today and see how he does. Thanks again for your advice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!