Magnificant Orange Ratsnake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
extreme_hypo
Magnificant Orange Ratsnake

Couple weeks back the morning was off to a great start by flipping a Scarlet King. Later in the afternoon, a nice juvenile FL King. Heading back home, from the car, we spotted something "orange" on one of the banks. Turned out to be a 5 foot plus beautiful Everglades Rat Snake. Problem was it was on the opposite side of the ditch. Well my partner was committed on capturing this guy so he went for a quick swim and brought him back across. Quite a feat! And he was quite a "hot mess" by the time he made it back across!! We brought him home for a photo shoot and release him right back where we found him. Nice to see these guys are still out there.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Helenthereef
What a great day! They are all beauties, the Orange looks worth the swim.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
WebSlave
Been a long, LONG time since I would have been committed enough to jump in a ditch to bag a snake. Pretty snake, though, so I'm glad it was incentive enough for your partner so you could get some pics of it.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #4
Greatwun
Beautiful Scarlet kingsnake! Just found my first one ever the other day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!