Crested River Dragons? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-10-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
DragonCharm
Crested River Dragons?

Anyone with any experience keeping Crested River Dragons (Gonocephalus grandis)? Saw one yesterday on Kingsnake and was wondering what the care requirements were. I was thinking of getting a pair or trio for a large wire cage I have, 7' tall x 2' deep x 4' wide.

Here's the ad I saw them in: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=34&de=330009

Old 08-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
Junkyard
Richard those are wild looking lizards, I do not know anything about them, I am sure the cage size you have would suit them, Mark Lucas has had them for sale between $50-65, I sure he would be able to tell more about them.

My only concern with the guy in the kingsnake ad is a line he put in the ad:

Minimum order $400.00 Orders less than $400.00 will be charged a $15.00 service fee

For a wild caught $50 lizard, that service fee is a bunch of garbage if you ask me, thats like the extra fee for using PayPal. You will already be paying enough for the shipping as it is. I did a BOI search on Strictly Reptiles and found no matches.

Though they are awesome creatures, this may not be the guy for you. Good luck.

Old 08-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Richard those are wild looking lizards, I do not know anything about them, I am sure the cage size you have would suit them, Mark Lucas has had them for sale between $50-65, I sure he would be able to tell more about them.

My only concern with the guy in the kingsnake ad is a line he put in the ad:

Minimum order $400.00 Orders less than $400.00 will be charged a $15.00 service fee

For a wild caught $50 lizard, that service fee is a bunch of garbage if you ask me, thats like the extra fee for using PayPal. You will already be paying enough for the shipping as it is. I did a BOI search on Strictly Reptiles and found no matches.

Though they are awesome creatures, this may not be the guy for you. Good luck.
I'll get in touch with Mark. I know there's info on him on the BOI, don't recall if its good or bad but I certainly will check it out first.

The service fee is a little retarded if you ask me. I can see the reason, it's hassle to mail out $20 orders but come on......a $15 service fee? If you sell $20 items be prepared to ship $20 orders.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #4
Xxviloncelloxx
Hello,
Out of curiosity of these lizards I just did a google search. Unless Mark Lucas and this buisness is one in the same, those images do not belongs to them. Those are Mark Lucas' images.

John

Old 08-10-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxviloncelloxx
Hello,
Out of curiosity of these lizards I just did a google search. Unless Mark Lucas and this buisness is one in the same, those images do not belongs to them. Those are Mark Lucas' images.

John
Yeah, I noticed the guy had images in the ad that were in Marks gallery. Not sure if they were used with permission or not. If it was Mark's ad he would have used his own account I'm sure so they aren't one in the same I assume. Of course who's to say that the pics aren't owned by the guy posting the ad and Mark borrowed from him. Maybe neither have pics and they're both borrowing from a public source. Whatever the case may be I am going to be requesting pics first before I pay.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:54 PM   #6
Junkyard
I sent Mark Lucas a link to the Kingsnake ad, we will see what happens.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:48 PM   #7
Junkyard
I received a reply from Mark Lucas:

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:01:48 EDT
[ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]
To:
Subject: Re: Crested River Dragons

It's ok - I gave them permission

There you have it, the pics were not taken from Mark

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!