vacation care? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
fyrfli23
vacation care?

Im going to be leaving for about a week and i was wondering how i should set my MHD up for it. As previously posted i dont have a fountain yet and im not sure if i will have one by then (approx a month from now) and i dont have a misting/fogging system. Would one of those drip systems dripping into a wide shallow bowl work for providing water and humidity? (my ceiling fan wont be on either) I also can set up a humidifier (its one i had gotten for my son, but ive never used it)
And to provide food would a bowl of mealworms be ok for 5-7 days? or is there a better option that will last as long?

I have a roommate who wont mind misting a little and emptying the dripper bowl and turning the heatlamp on n off, but she isnt comfortable with touching the lizard or it's food, so mostly im just worried about food and humidity. If i covered most of the (upper) sides the cage with a towel (its a mesh cage) would that help hold in enough humidity? Maybe i should get a hygrometer and try it out lol.

lol i have a growing list of supplies i "need" but i think thats another post.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
fyrfli23
Well the trip went well, had a blast, and my MHD survived it nicely . We did get a fountain and i know she is drinking alot more water. I had tried a bottle with a pin hole in it and a lg shallow bowl, but it filled too fast. But the fountain is perfect. Im still not totally sure what to feed her, but i have what feels like a ton of mealworms lol, havnt even finished the first container!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!