Brown Basilisk eggs are hatching! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
stolenheron
Brown Basilisk eggs are hatching!

so cute. nothing too amazing about eggs hatching, EXCEPT these eggs were actually cut out of a dead gravid basilisk who died due to egg-binding. the mother had a tumor on her cloaca, MBD, and other issues. I caught her in the wild from a small invasive population in florida with the medical conditions in early may along with one other female (who is fairly healthy minus a scuffed nose and a broken tail). The female with the medical issues died on may 24th, within half hour of her death I took out the scalpel and extracted the eggs. ALL were fertile and now they are hatching.

these little guys will be for sale after they all hatch and the yolk is gone.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
mmdragons
Good Job! Its great to see people breeding these! They have on heck of a story too. To bad for mom though. Great!

Old 08-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
stolenheron
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdragons View Post
Good Job! Its great to see people breeding these! They have on heck of a story too. To bad for mom though. Great!
Anything can happen with wild caught critters, I managed to make the best of it and get 7 eggs out of her that would have been wasted otherwise.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
stolenheron

2nd baby has hatched and a 3rd one is cracking its shell right now.

if anyone is interested in trading or purchasing these guys just let me know! (no shipping though :/ sorry)

Old 08-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
WckedMidas
if u decide to ship i might be intrested. heres the setup it would go in once big enuf

Old 08-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
stolenheron
probably not going to ship any of these guys. its just too hot and they are too little. I'm not fedex certified either.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 AM   #7
SirenSanJose
How many hatchlings did you finally end up with, out of the 7 eggs?

Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
stolenheron
all 7 eggs that i removed from the dead female have hatched and are thriving. in total i've had around 16 or 17 eggs. some of them i've had to discared. there are still 5 more eggs left to hatch (in that number of 16 or 17).

so far I've had all but 2 eggs successfully hatch

Old 08-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenheron View Post
all 7 eggs that i removed from the dead female have hatched and are thriving. in total i've had around 16 or 17 eggs. some of them i've had to discared. there are still 5 more eggs left to hatch (in that number of 16 or 17).

so far I've had all but 2 eggs successfully hatch
That's fantastic!

Old 08-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
WckedMidas
if u change your mind let me no. I think its school how u got them to hatch after removal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!