drowning neonates - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
serraticauda
drowning neonates

One more for the night.

My first living birth was very small and barely moved; it seemed very unstable and the mother was ignoring it, but I let it go, and found it dead in the water dish (filled literally 2mm - I use large shallow trays with 1cm high rims to prevent any chance of the babies drowning) the next day.
I am sure this juvenile was abnormal since it was so small and mildly deformed, was not eating or even moving and had its eyes closed the whole time I was wondering if other skink breeders just mist when a neonate is present, or not worry about bowls?

Old 07-01-2006, 08:08 AM   #2
Brian - LCRC
No, do not remove the waterbowl as Corucia love to soak periodically & this also helps with humidity. Your 'pool' does not sound dangerous or too deep so obviously by your description the baby was not viable. Keep up with the misting as well. Corucia don't often drink standing water but prefer 'raindrops' from enclosure walls &/or foilage from plants.

Hope you have better luck pretty soon,

Sherri

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!