Male or female - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #31
Bill & Amy
Why would you show pores of a green iguana when you are asking to sex the rock iguana????? You got us looking at 2 different animals.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #32
varnyard
Here is a better shot of the Ctenosaura Pectinata, you can see it better. The one you have is a rock for sure!! Sorry about the first thought, but by that one pic it looked a lot like Ctenosaura Pectinata.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #33
number1steakfan
no i orignaly asked for the green iguana to be sexed varnyard mistook the cuban rock for a spiny tail (bad pic) which was also on my photo album http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...akfan/Lizards/ i already knew the cuban was a male so we kind of went off the orignal topic did that clear it up

Old 07-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #34
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1steakfan
now i also posted on another website (herpcenter.com) "Well, to me it looks femalish....the pores are small...you didnt include a side shot of the tail....to check for the hemipenal bulge, and her head is streamlined...tho she does have some orange colors to her (I had a female who colored up orange every breeding season sooo) I would lean towards female, tho dont quote me...the tell tale sign is the laying of eggs LOL....Good luck....she is very pretty....."
I do not see where a side shot would help on the green. If it is over two years old it is a girl 100%. As for the rock, it is a Rock iguana 100%. The first pic I seen, at the angle it was in looked like a Ctenosaura Pectinata, but I was wrong. After seeing the new pictures, it is clearly a rock.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:11 PM   #35
varnyard
Quote:
no i orignaly asked for the green iguana to be sexed varnyard mistook the cuban rock for a spiny tail (bad pic) which was also on my photo album http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...akfan/Lizards/ i already knew the cuban was a male so we kind of went off the orignal topic did that clear it up
I agree, that is what happen!!

Old 07-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #36
Bill & Amy
Ok, I must have missed the switch. I was wondering how the heck that you guys thought that green was a rock.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #37
number1steakfan
i would not say over 2 years unfortunally he was a rescue from a young age i would say 2 years or younger

Old 07-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #38
varnyard
Quote:
i would not say over 2 years unfortunally he was a rescue from a young age i would say 2 years or younger
I would still tend to think it is a female. I might be wrong, but that is my thoughts.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:19 PM   #39
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
I would still tend to think it is a female. I might be wrong, but that is my thoughts.
I agree.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #40
number1steakfan
ill have to post new pics in a few months i was hopeing it was a male dont mind the attitude of a male just dont want to worry eggs

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!