John Light JL Exotics? Bad Guy Maybe!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #21
Ameivaboy
try going in the chatroom on thetegu.com
he pops in there now and then, maybe one of the so called "moderators" in there cant point you his way as well

Old 07-17-2007, 12:54 PM   #22
windycitymorphs
Yeah I see him on there as well. He doesn't answer calls or his e-mails. He running away like a coward. Hey I understand that people make mistakes, but make them right. I agree, it's really sad when you see so much negative transactions in this trade. Thats why I will NOW only buy from people I have dealt with, know, or come highly recommended.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #23
Oak Hill Reptiles
He frequents one of the same forums that I do..Is he aware of this thread?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #24
nora
Ryan try hitting him up on TRR, and make a post there too in the BCS section.. I know john and he's a pretty decent guy, but to see him not owning up to what needs to be done right is not like him. In all honesty is been like 6 months now, and you've been extremely patient and calm with the whole situation... Kudos to you.

Good luck!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #25
SPJ
He is definitely online because he responded to one of my ads.

[quote name='JLExotics' date='Jul 19 2007, 08:48 AM' post='114408']
not to be a dick but if this animal was what is was acclaimed to be this would not be the price of this animal and you would NOT trade for a mojave.
[/quote]

I hope you get a hold of him and and he stops ignoring you.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #26
ToshaMc
I'm not too sure how relevant it is but - the short version ....

In early 2005 I saw an ad on Fauna for a (hatchling size) 100% het albino female (ball python) without paperwork - $250. Upon contacting the seller (not John) was told that he's not a ball person and received her in a trade and just wanted to get rid of her - but no one would buy her without the paperwork that was supposed to come with her. He tried several times to contact the breeder he traded with for the paperwork but got no further reply. I asked who the breeder was and was told John Light JL Exotics. After checking both the seller and Johns reputation on the BOI (both good reps) I decided to take my chances and bought the ball.

I tracked John down and surprisingly he answered my email a couple of days after I sent it - confirming that the ball in the ad was from him and was in fact a 100% het albino female. I emailed him back and asked him if he could send me a copy of the paperwork as I had already bought her and she was on her way (included paypal transaction as well as sellers email stating she had been sent with tracking number). He replied that he would send a copy of the paperwork to me. So far so good.

The next day the ball arrived and turned out to be male. Which I was kind of ok with as I had paid about the going rate for a male 100% het - didn't need one but with the paperwork I could at least make my money back.

The following week - I still had not received the paperwork so I emailed John again to which he told me he'd sent it to my seller - if I wanted a copy of it I could send a self address stamped envelope and he'd get me a copy. I sent out the SASE to the address John gave me and emailed the seller who replied that he hadn't received any paperwork - over the course of the next month or two I sent a couple of emails asking John the status of my paperwork - all further emails went unanswered - so I gave up.

To me it wasn't a huge big deal I took my chances and lost - but it appears that John may have a tenancy not to follow up with transactions that don't go smoothly - I could be wrong. I've seen his ads and post over the years and just shake my head - I'm not sure that my experience qualifies him as a bad guy - but if he didn't want to cooperate he could have just said so - I won't ever do business with him or recommend him to my friends.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #27
windycitymorphs
Well Tosha, I'm sorry to hear that. If you were promised a female and bought a female you should have received one. That to me is wrong, regardless of the price.

Well unfortunately it's not that John is not following up with me, he is plain out ignoring me. He knows that he is in the wrong, but chose not to do the right thing. It will bite him sooner or later in the ass.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #28
shrap
Tosha,

One reason you never got paperwork from John is that he has never bred Ball Pythons in his life. He just recently told me that in the past all he ever did was play the jobber game and that this upcoming winter was going to be the first year he was going to try breeding Ball Pythons.

From my personal conversations and dealings with John via phone, email and what I have seen him say in chats over the last couple of years, coupled with what others have had to say, I must admit that there are a whole lot of inconsistencies with this guy. Not to mention this deal with Ryan. I have done business with Ryan can say he is a very stand up guy. John on the other hand I would not recommend dealing with.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #29
Corey Woods
He reserved some animals from me back in 2005 and after stringing me along for a while never followed through on the sale. He just dropped off the face of the earth. I don't send out animals until I'm paid so no harm on my end. However, when I say I'm going to buy something I always follow through with the sale........I don't jerk the people around for 6 weeks and then fall off the face of the earth.

The cheque was always "in the mail" or in this case "I'm sending out the wire transfer today".

Corey

Old 07-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #30
jlexotics
The said animal I sold to Ryan was a feeding super pastel ball python. I got this animal in from a breeding loan I did with a friend of mine. The animal ate great for my friend but in shipping must have been thrown out of wack. After a bit of a rough start he took off and was pounding rat pups for me. I felt good selling him at that point. I sold him to Ryan and heard how happy he was. About a week later I get an e-mail saying he's not feeding. Balls go off feed for a million reasons and I figured shipping threw him off again. I told him what I would do and how I got him feeding again. I was in the fire academy at this time and I was on the computer maybe once or twice in a 3 month period. I didn't know there was a huge problem after that. Once I completed the fire academy and I had time to sit down and check my mail I saw I had a load of hate/threat mail including this guy saying he's going to show up at my house. I drew the line at that point and made the decision not to contact him. Most vendors give a 24hr guarantee. I had plans to do something about this but after reading what I did I didn't think it was a good idea to get in contact with Ryan. I have been pretty busy lately with new jobs, a fiancee and a 2 yr old baby. I am NOT in the position right now to do anything, I'm way over my head with so many issues. IF everyone thinks I need to do something for this guy it will be done. My phone has been changed due to a change in service. My fiancee had some problems and then I had some problems with certain people (crazy x-girlfriend) that wouldn't leave me alone.

I'd like to get another thing straight. I am not a breeder, I have been brokering for years. This is the 2nd deal that I know of that I've had an issue with. The other one (on here somewhere) was when I was a 16yr old kid. I am NO LONGER brokering animals as I got sick of dealing with the whole money aspect as it was making it no fun. I am ONLY a hobbyist now.

ToshaMc: I'm sorry for not following up. Things have been crazy for a long time. I had done some work with a guy by the name matt goldman - there is a thread here somewhere about it. Animals were sold under my name which were NOT hets. I don't know what animals I personally sold or what animals he sold. To be completely honest I don't know if you have a het or not as I have no idea where you got it from. I recall something about it a long time ago but that's it. The only hets I have personally sold are ones I purchased from Terry Heuring. Terry even sent me hets without pay which I paid him later for.

Corey: People put animals on hold (I inquired) and then down the road when the animals are available either things have come up or they already purchased the animals elsewhere.

I don't believe I'm a bad person what-so-ever. I have never knowingly screwed anyone and besides this post believe I have a good rep. I'm taking the next step now lets see what people believe the outcome should be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!