IL CONSTRICTOR LAWS - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #21
ghost_pit2001
my understanding of the law

you see,the problem with the 6foot law is thats the only part you ever see on websites.however that law only applies to petshops.You would have to get the complete read out on that law to understand the pet shop laws.How ever the laws to private ownership is diffrent,any animal deamed dangerous by the department of natural resources,is deamed by the individual officer who is reviewing or is called to the case.So be safe dont draw attention to your selves and no problems.I got caught up in a sting last year were i was caught with some hot stuff,,and there was no mention of my 18ish foot burm or any of my big retics.just the venomouse stuff i was in possesion of.I hope this clears up some of the laws.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #22
eunectes4
IL law

I would first like to start this post with 100% agreement with Tim Cole. It is very difficult to read sentences without punctuation. Please write clearly.

There is not a clear outline for a dangerous snakes in Illinois. This is to give the court the grounds for determining specific cases. The precedence is that the supreme court of Illinois did rule that a 15 ft snake would certainly be considered a dangerous animal. But this is not to say that a 14 ft snake is not a dangerous animal given certain conditions. Make sure you are caging appropriately.

Also, you have to look into your local laws and you need to follow them. Your town, city, village, etc. may have a law restricting snakes over 6 ft. This must be followed. Look into your local laws and respect them.

There was a problem some years ago when a book was published stating that it was illegal for Illinois residents to privately keep snakes over 6 ft. This was not correct information and the law was in fact taken from the law stating that pet stores can not sell snakes over 6 ft. This is why there is confusion.

As far as a federal law stating you can't have a snake over 8 ft, this is certainly not true.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #23
GotBoids18
In Illinois it's legal to purchase Burms, Retics, Anacondas or whatever other Giant snake you're into as long as it is not over 6'.. The law clearly states that it is illegal to own boids over 6'.. To the best of my knowledge, colubrids over 6' are not an issue. I've spoken with Brian Potter of the Chicago Reptile House in the past and he has said there is no obtainable permit for owning boids over 6'.. If you own boids over 6' in IL, do us a favor and be responsible with it.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #24
Griz
Keep in mind that the Illinois 6 foot law has been contested in court several times and both times the court ruled in favor of the owner. It may be on the books but that does not necessarily make it enforceable.

Griz

Old 05-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #25
GotBoids18
Bob, you couldn't be more right.. It depends on the situation, the cop and in some cases the judge. I recently had a vehicle stolen from my business by an employee. He was found driving the truck, pulled over and arrested. The man was let go on a misdemeanor charge because he had access to the keys. The truck was picked up from the impound yard with two 40oz bottles of beer in the cup holder, four or five crack pipes and six cell phones.. There are lots of laws and many that aren't enforced, it depends on the situation. Just keep the 14' burms at home and not at the local park..

Old 06-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #26
jimoo742
Quote:
Originally Posted by constrictorcrazi74
and the reason of u saying that was ??????? i now were it is trust me

I NOW WERE IT IS???!!?

Yikes. Holy crap, that's the funniest and saddest quote I've seen in a long time.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #27
constrictorcrazi74
your cool buddy more drama thats what this site needs keep it up ok your doing a great job

Old 06-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #28
jimoo742
Quote:
Originally Posted by constrictorcrazi74
your cool buddy more drama thats what this site needs keep it up ok your doing a great job

Do you mean?

"You're cool buddy. More drama, that's what this site needs. Keep it up, ok? You're doing a great job."

I just want to be sure I'm understanding you.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #29
constrictorcrazi74
yea you have a pretty cocky attitude hope you get far with it good luck

Old 06-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #30
hhmoore
Wow - talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!