Why has my Beardie stopped shedding. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 02-11-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
grace6768
Why has my Beardie stopped shedding.

Hello all, I hope somebody can help me. I got a Bearded Dragon 11 months ago as a hatchling. He has grown at an unbelievable rate. He used to shed all of the time. It seemed he would be looking great one day, and shed the next. Then, a week or two, then shed. My wife asked me when the last time he shed was just the other day, and I looked in my notebook, and the last time he shed was just after Thanksgiving, and it wasn't a full shed at that; it was just legs and tail.

Now, he has never tuwned down a meal. He eats his veggies at all times, and he eats several types fo insects. I breed my own insects, and I gutload them. Hell, I spend over a thousand dolars per year for the feed for my insects alone. He east mealworms, waxworms, silkworms, crickets, and superworms. So, what is it? Why has he all of a sudden slowed on his shed? My hypothesis was the time of year. Does that sound right? Any answers or guidance would be appreciated.

Old 02-11-2005, 11:35 PM   #2
starwarsdad
Once they reach a certain size, the amazing growth they experience slows down. I would not be concerned about it so long as he is eating well and having bowel movements.

My 2.5 year old males have not shed in ages.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!