Rodent Pro Service? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-25-2003, 11:52 AM   #1
Mark and Aimee
Warning! Rodent Pro Service?

Can someone tell me if this is typical Rodent Pro service?

I placed an order through Rodent Pro's web ordering system on Sept 16th.

After placing my order, I realized my account with them still had my old email address attached to it, so I logged onto their system, and changed the email address to my current one.

The following day (17th) I recieved an order confirmation.

On the 18th, I noticed they updated my order status to say it would ship on the 23rd, and would send me a message when it went out.

On the 23rd, I heard nothing from Rodent Pro. No time frame, no idea when the order would arrive. I emailed Rodent Pro to find out if the order had shipped.

On the 24th, my wife called Rodent Pro, I called Rodent Pro, and I emailed Rodent Pro. No return call, no return email.

Today, I find an email in my OLD mailbox (a hotmail account I no longer use). The message was sent out last night... Telling me the order would arrive TODAY at 12:51. Two hours from now.

I don't know if any of you have a day job... But if you do, you'll understand the problem with getting LATE notification for an order of frozen meat, especially when you live a substantial sized city, and the order is being shipped via Greyhound Express.

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out how I am going to get away from work for 2 hours or more to pick up my rodents... If I had know the order would be here today, I could have taken care of it in advance. But I had no notice.

So... Is this common practice, or do you think something just fell through the cracks?

Old 09-25-2003, 12:22 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
There has been a few threads by people who have had trouble contacting Rodent Pro. I personally have had nothing but great service from them, but I also haven't had the need to contact them directly.
I can't comment on why you've had the problems, I have no idea how they do things at their place. But, concerning your need to leave work to get the rodents, I would be willing to bet that won't be necessary. The way they pack their rodents, I would doubt they'll be any danger of them thawing before you get home from work.
When my orders come, they are double wrapped in thick fiberglass insulation and there's always two pounds or so of dry ice left in the box.
I work night shift, and once I was asleep when the box was delivered. When I got up that night around 10 I opened the box and they were frozen solid and still had large pieces of dry ice left in the box. This was after being in transit two days before being delivered that afternoon.

Old 09-25-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
dself40
I also have always had great dealings with Rodent Pro.When I have called I have had to leave a message but Kevin would call back pretty quick.And I wouldnt worry about the rodents thawing out either.They are packed very well.I am betting there was just a mix up somewhere, I have made a bunch of orders from them and have never had any bad dealings or mess ups.And I always use the online order thingy.But like the say everyone screws up from time to time.

Old 09-25-2003, 02:02 PM   #4
SPJ
I placed an order Aug 26th.
It arrived FINALLY on Sept 10th.
Part of the order was wrong. I emailed them and they responded the next day.
Sept 18th I recieved a new order with the correct items......FREE.
They told me to keep the original and then made up for their mistake.
Excellent CS but you cannot call and leave a message. You have to email them with your order number.
I do know they had some delays due to the Labor Day holiday so you might have fallen into that delay area.

Bottom line, they will do everything to keep you happy but you must use the email to get a hold of them.

Old 09-25-2003, 02:23 PM   #5
Mark and Aimee
Well, I just found out the order was delivered at 12:51 THIS MORNING, rather than shortly after noon as I had initially expected.

Had a message from Kevin on my cell phone from 9:40 this morning. Obviously didn't do me a lot of good...

I had my wife go ahead and leave work early to pick up the order... Not a lot else we could do!

I'm sure everything will be fine... But the lack of timely communication bothered me a bit. If it wasn't frozen rodents we were dealing with, it wouldn't be a problem at all.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not bad mouthing Rodent Pro. I've ordered through them for 2 years (usually piggybacked on a friend's order). The quality and price is always outstanding.

This is the first time I tried the Greyhound shipping option... I like the price difference, but not the inconvenience.

Old 09-25-2003, 09:33 PM   #6
Odd Ball Exotics
When I used to use them (I breed my own now) I never had a problem. I even changed my mind a few times about what I wanted...emailed them and they got back to me right away with the changed order and the new invoice. I've allways had great service with them. It's not like them to do something like that, and I would think it would be more the shipper then them. Give them another chance, but let them know your concerns.

Old 09-26-2003, 12:57 AM   #7
Adam Block
TWO WORDS!! Chad Martin of www.bigcheeserodents.com

I was thinking about doing some business with Kevin (I must not get along well with Kevin's) and tried to contact him. He did get back to me fairly quick and he was a good guy to talk with when he did. He was just getting the rodents going at the time however and may not have been so busy.

Further attempts to contact him went about as well as the 7,000 phone calls I've made to Angelina Jolie, not one call back (I heard it's only stalking after 10,000 calls, is that true?) from either!

I started doing business with Chad, he's started a new building and upped production and he has been a god send! ALWAYS on time, easy to deal with and packed top notch. I'm not talking about a few 100 mouse orders. I've bought at least 25,000 rodents from Chad.

Rodent Pro I'd also heard shipped UPS ground at times to save money and would just replace the orders that went bad. I mean, nice of them to replace them but I'd rather not deal with a box full of rotten mice.

You can all take a chance with whomever you want. I'll stick to Big Cheese and have no idea why somebody would go with any other breeder!

Old 09-26-2003, 03:17 AM   #8
Yoda
In general I've had great service with Rodent Pro. Never had trouble reaching them either. If anything, the service has been TOO great. This could be the fault of Airborne Express, but I tend to get my frozen "meat" shipment a day earlier than they say in their emails. Bad news when its 103 in my area.

I really can't comment on Angelina Jolie's service, as I've never actually tried to reach her.

Old 09-26-2003, 03:52 PM   #9
redcdiver
Rodent Pro Service- Thumbs Up

I also have just received an order from Rodent Pro. It was done completely over the internet. They said they were shipping on the 23rd and the order would arrive on the 25th (yesterday). On the 23rd during the early evening, I went to their website and checked the status of my order. It still had not been changed to shipped. Wednesday morning, the 25th, I checked again. The order was updated with a link to the Airborne tracking system. I learned then that my order was sent out on time as originally stated in the confirmation email. Delivery was actually the 24th, not the 25th, making this an overnight delivery. Everything went great. Rodent Pro packs their orders so well that I really wouldn't bother leaving work to pick it up. Once I had my order packed in my freezer, I threw the box into the trash can outside. even without the benefit of the insulation that they provided, there was a substantial amount of dry ice left when I put more trash out 14 hours later. The only thing that Rodent Pro was a little slow in doing was in updating the shipping STATUS of my order on their website. I can easily live with this! I plan on using them again whenever the need arises.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!